Yes I know there's a lot of threads already out there about this topic that I can read, and I have, but I just wanted to start a new one for some fresh perspectives.

I think that I prefer the z10 to the z30 for looks and in hand feel (and cost), but the z30 seems sooo good from many of the forum comments, so I'm wondering from a functional or performance standpoint if there would be a reason I would regret that decision.

I am specifically looking for those who have actually used both devices; not just spec comparison observations. Thanks! :-)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-15-14 07:08 AM
    Haven't used both devices, so I'm not helpful to you. But I remember going to a 9370 from a 9900 because It just liked it better, felt better in hand. Sometimes the latest and greatest doesn't work for you as well as what you like!
    01-15-14 07:16 AM
    Typing on the Z30 and media consumption is just better but for smaller hands Z10 is more than adequate.
    Natural sounds seems like a gimmick but it works and the Z30 sounds way better than the Z10.
    For me, the OLED just makes it better as well because color pops and contrast seems better. Of course on both device, I set font to 5 and lower brightness all the way down.
    If you listen to the radio(OTA) alot, the Z30 has that over the Z10.
    If you have a newer TV with Miracast or have Miracast adapters, that rocks as well.
    I like my device hefty, so the Z30 also wins there. I loved the Storm 1 and 2 because both were tanks compared to all the other devices.
    01-15-14 07:24 AM
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on a z30 for a few hours. It is so much faster then the z10,better battery life and the screen is gorgeous. If I could go back and choose to get a z10 or wait for the z30 I definitely would have waited for the z30.

Posted via CB10
    revtech and Fnen90 like this.
    01-15-14 07:26 AM
    The only comparison I can really provide is that size does make a difference. I much prefer typing and viewing on a 5" screen vs the smaller format phone. I actually wouldn't have minded a larger phablet, but it was out of my price range. It isn't a foolish choice if a device works the way you want it to.
    Superfly_FR, revtech and kbz1960 like this.
    01-15-14 07:27 AM
    I agree that the Z10 feels a bit better in the hand, but that's mainly because I have small hands. The Z10 battery is the main weak spot. If you grab the battery charger bundle, then I don't think there would be an issue with the Z10.

I love my Z30 because I need the screen size with my aging eyes and I love not needing to swap batteries.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and revtech like this.
    01-15-14 07:29 AM
    I've heard that battery life on the Z10 isn't great. So if you're not planning on carrying around a spare battery, I'd go with the Z30 (or Q10).

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-15-14 07:43 AM
    Haven't used both devices, so I'm not helpful to you. But I remember going to a 9370 from a 9900 because It just liked it better, felt better in hand. Sometimes the latest and greatest doesn't work for you as well as what you like!
    You are always helpful Q ;-)

01-15-14 07:48 AM
    Do you like a big screen or smaller screen?
    If you have no preference or are in doubt, go with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:50 AM
    Do you like a big screen or smaller screen?
    If you have no preference or are in doubt, go with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I'd like it to be a z10 in my pocket and a z30 when I'm using it ;-) . . Think I could get the engineers to work on that? :-)

01-15-14 07:53 AM
    The Z30 in the pocket isn't an issue. I thought it would be, but its external dimensions won't cause pocket problems.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the speakers on the Z30 are very good. I wasn't a big fan of the one speaker on the Z10.

Double Edit: The Z30 is capable of 2600MHz bandwidth for LTE. If you're in a supported area, that provides double the LTE speeds (Rogers LTEMAX for example). The Z10 (North American model) does not support this bandwidth.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:57 AM
    I see no reason why the z10 would be a foolish choice, to call it comparable to the z30 would be an understatement. At currently available prices the z10 is better value, less than half of z30.
    revtech likes this.
    01-15-14 08:02 AM
    Ignore this post. Having one of those days. Lol
    revtech likes this.
    01-15-14 08:05 AM
    if would not say foolish but Z30 is really the best
    01-15-14 08:06 AM
    I had a 9860 and was waiting for the Z30, when my carrier GAVE me a Z10. The step-up onto BB10 was amazing, but if I was paying I would have held out for the Z30 because...
    - I would spend less time charging the battery (Z10 lasts about 1.5 days for me).
    - I could use USB on the go (which I've wanted since my first Berry arrived).
    - I would get the Quad-Core-Graphics and dual core CPU (Z10 1 core graphics and dual core CPU)
    - I could use "WiFi Direct" and "Miracast" (Z10 gets DLNA).
    - I could buy the Z30 for not much more than the Z10.

...So I say the Z30 is worth the extra money IMHO.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-15-14 08:44 AM
    I would definitely go with Z30, even just for battery life alone. But there are so many other advantages you can't ignore neither with Z30. Trust me, saving once charge a day for two years worth every penny you spend on Z30.

And yes, I used Z10 for about 10 months before switching to Z30, I am glad I did.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-15-14 08:49 AM
    Yes I know there's a lot of threads already out there about this topic that I can read, and I have, but I just wanted to start a new one for some fresh perspectives.

I think that I prefer the z10 to the z30 for looks and in hand feel (and cost), but the z30 seems sooo good from many of the forum comments, so I'm wondering from a functional or performance standpoint if there would be a reason I would regret that decision.

I am specifically looking for those who have actually used both devices; not just spec comparison observations. Thanks! :-)

I'd be happy to offer my .02. I struggled with the same decision for weeks. I had been using a Q10 and really desired the screen real estate. Finally I chose the Z30 because, yes, the reviews we really positive and the what I really liked about it was (is) the stellar battery life. After using it for 1 week, I was easily navigating the screen, adapted well to the virtual keyboard....and wait for it.......found that no matter how I tried to rationalize it, the device was simply too big for my pockets and day to day use. I sold the Z30 , went back to my beloved Q. For me the Z10 would have been a good choice for size and screen but not for battery and that was the trade off I couldn't compromise on. I figure it this way - if BB is intent on releasing new devices they will surely improve the Q10 with larger screen. I think the Z10 is doa going forward. The Z30 will probably have at least one more iteration , if it's selling ok, because the device really is terrific. So, I'm going to wait it out. stick with what I have for now. All that said, if you don't mind the battery issue, and the size of the Z30 is too large to be your daily driver, then go with the Z10 - the price is fantastic at around $ 250, people who own them generally love the product. When new ones come out revisit the decision. If the size isnt an issue then go with the Z30. There are few trade offs that you have to manage in that choice. The Z30 is a fantastic samrt phone IMO.
    01-15-14 08:58 AM
    I have had both and one is not 100% superior in every way. Advantages of the z10 are better one handed usability, screen sharpness, price and app availability. I prefer the z30 overall though.
    01-15-14 09:05 AM
    Thanks for posting this thread!! I could walk into my local ATT store and walk out with a z10 today free (plus upgrade fee). I don't because I want a z30. It takes a lot of self-control to wait and threads like this help. When the z10 first hit the market I was not able to do it at the time, then the z30 came along and I am able now, but no z30 on ATT yet!! The Christmas deals this season were also very tempting, but I was successful in not taking the plunge. Buying a z30 outright is not something I can justify as my jeep needs tires!! My 9800 will get me through to a z30 (now THAT will be an upgrade!!)

I think if I went and got a z10 today, ATT would announce the z30 tomorrow!! Thanks again for the thread!!
    01-15-14 09:29 AM
    Really a personal choice, but if things like battery life is going to be a priority then Z30 hands down. But form factor, Z10 seems to fit better to the average hand size.
    01-15-14 09:38 AM
    I have been thinking about the z30 but honestly one handed use with this phone does it for me. 4.2 inches I think is the best size for the OS.

Just to using one hand to do things so efficiently blows my mind! Also, with the new leak the battery has improved.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:51 AM
    Not really. I think i'm one of the few that doesn't really like big screen phone.
    I feel Z10 is big in my pocket. Don't want to imagine how a z30 feels like in my pocket.
    01-15-14 10:08 AM
    I have been thinking about the z30 but honestly one handed use with this phone does it for me. 4.2 inches I think is the best size for the OS.

Just to using one hand to do things so efficiently blows my mind! Also, with the new leak the battery has improved.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in total agreement with you on this one

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:29 AM
    The Z10 is also missing many key features vs of the Z30. Some of these are: Miracast, Wifi Direct, and better antenna.
    01-15-14 11:10 AM
    I've used both. The Z10 is a great phone, but if the Z30 is a viable option for you (i.e. your carrier offers it and you can actually afford it) it's considerably better.

The device itself is physically more solid, and the overall performance is appreciably better. Throw in feature advantages (USB host-mode, Miracast) and it just seems more future-proof.
    revtech likes this.
    01-15-14 11:15 AM
57 123