I have a deal to buy a Z10 for $180 but not sure about the app selection yet. The issues I had with the phone months ago..not sure if its been fixed:

1) Couldn't send out vids via email longer then 6 seconds unless you degrade the quality completely.
    2) Apps? iHeart...Amex...Delta....Pandora.....instagram.... .spotify?

Anything changed in the few months? the price seems great.....but not worth it if everything is still crippled.

The $180 is contract free....
    01-04-14 03:28 PM
    I can't speak specifically about apps since I don't use too many of them. Drastic improvements have been made to the OS with more recent leaks. I'd say go for it! It's a great device. Even better for you is the no contact obligation. If you are comfortable downloading leaks, I would suggest you do so. You might not recognize the phone you once had,

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 03:35 PM
    Dude at that price it's a steal. Even having as a backup or something test out and screw around with, you should go for it

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:39 PM
    I don't know about those apps because I don't use any of those

But sending email isn't a BlackBerry problem. Emails are limited to 10, 20 or even 25MB (some even higher), depending on which provider you use. And yes, 6 seconds is pretty much the size of those email attachments.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-14 03:44 PM
    Brand new Z10 for $180. Where? And how to buy it. I'd like to know. Thanks.

? CB10 ?
    01-04-14 04:04 PM
    Just update your software to 10.2.1.1925 then side load "snap"/its like Google play market. Then download those apps you mentioned directly onto your z10 via "Snap" and that's it. Side loading has come a long way in the past 6 months because you no longer have to side load via cpu

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:20 PM
    Btw that is a good deal

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:21 PM
    iHeart is native to BB10 now, and I use Slacker Radio instead of Pandora now since Pandora isn't native. (Just saying, as an alternative if you're interested.)

As far as the other ones, I'm running 10.2.1295 and if the android apk is available to find (via the Android marketplaces that work with BB, or just as a straight download to your device) it's very easy to download.

That is a very good price on a new Z10, or any 4G capable device that isn't completely outdated or has downright terrible battery life (or some other major drawback).
    01-04-14 04:49 PM
    Where is this deal? 'Cause I'm looking to pick a second one up myself...
    01-04-14 05:44 PM
    Did anyone read the OP? $180 is the price ON contract.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-04-14 05:57 PM

Umm...no it's not.

"The $180 is contract free...." - OP
    01-04-14 05:59 PM

He states contract free in the last line.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:00 PM
    I would wait for the Z30 to drop in price, but if you're not into waiting I l would definitely go for the Z10 as its an awesome device even without leaks

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:55 PM
    Yes! Most of the apps you listed are available. Not sure about Delta, but plenty of alternatives - BlackBerry Fly. I've had a Z10 since February and couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:57 PM
    Lol I read "contract FEE". Doh!

HotFix likes this.
    01-04-14 07:49 PM
    Yes! Most of the apps you listed are available. Not sure about Delta, but plenty of alternatives - BlackBerry Fly. I've had a Z10 since February and couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    What Are you talking about? Almost NONE of them are available absent side loading.

Sometimes the enthusiasm here causes misguided advice here. If the apps listed are important to the OP, clearly bb10 isn't for him.

01-04-14 07:52 PM
    Wow great price man

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:04 PM
    Other than Iheartradio, the other apps you mentioned aren't available unless you side load them. If the apps are that important to you and you don't want to side load them, then buying the Z10 may not be best for you, even at $180 contract free.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:14 PM
    Oh, regarding the size limit on outgoing emails- yes, it is still limited but I don't remember to what size. I believe you would still have an issue with sending out videos via email.
    I always thought that was a limit from the email provider itself, not BlackBerry. But this is something I obviously don't know too much about.
    01-04-14 08:22 PM
    Oh, regarding the size limit on outgoing emails- yes, it is still limited but I don't remember to what size. I believe you would still have an issue with sending out videos via email.
    I always thought that was a limit from the email provider itself, not BlackBerry. But this is something I obviously don't know too much about.
    Stupid BlackBerry limitation. Yahoo has almost limitless email size now, yet BlackBerry still limits me. WHY???

01-04-14 08:34 PM
    One of the unique advantages to BB10 is the ability to run native BB10 apps PLUS most Android apps since 10.2.1 leaked. I downloaded Snap which gives you access to all apk's in Google Play and makes accessing and loading the apk's as easy as from BlackBerry World.

Starbucks app...check
    Optik TV app for my Telus package...check
    Netflix...check
    My banking app...check
    Waze...the most current version...check

With the ability to load and run Android apks now with the new leaks my app gap's filled.

I'm very impressed.
    01-04-14 08:38 PM
    I have a deal to buy a Z10 for $180 but not sure about the app selection yet. The issues I had with the phone months ago..not sure if its been fixed:

1) Couldn't send out vids via email longer then 6 seconds unless you degrade the quality completely.
    2) Apps? iHeart...Amex...Delta....Pandora.....instagram.... .spotify?

Anything changed in the few months? the price seems great.....but not worth it if everything is still crippled.

The $180 is contract free....
    Blackberry email goes over their private network. If you want to email large files, you will have to install a 3rd party email program like k9mail. No big deal. I've done this myself. Or just use box, dropbox, etc. for the large files. Blackberry does not want you jamming up their private network. That said. you are getting a private network as part of the package. Nothing like asking for a password reset and having it go out in the clear. Since BIS is only email on BB10, I think you do need to worry about links in your email to unencrypted websites if you want to maintain total security without adding a 3rd party VPN. The hackers use that driftnet program to capture images over unencrypted wifi, i.e. hotels, coffee shops, etc. Your BB10 email is always secure, even over wifi, excluding links to insecure websites in the mail.

If your priorities are with these kinds of apps, probably the Z10 isn't for you. You can side load to use them, but you will probably always be a bit behind the curve. I'm already bored with Pandora. (I was an early user since I have a squeezebox.) I use Spotify only on occasion, and at home on my desktop. Instagram? Never. Delta as in the airline? I have no airline loyalty, so I don't need an app. I just use flightaware. Amex is another story. But if you know how to set up alerts with amex, you don't need an app. For instance, I get an email every time my card is used without me being present. I get alerts over a certain dollar amount. You can find a lot of email alert services on the Amex website. You can even set up an alert a few days before your bill is due.

I am of the opinion you better not depend on apps for financial services. I have email alerts set up and they PUSH the data to me rather than me having to go to an app and check up on accounts. I do this for brokerage firms, credit cards, paypal, etc. When my paypal account was hacked, I got the alert that my password was changed right to my phone. I was literally in line at a store and had to drop my items then and there and go outside to call paypal.

Beware of any app for financial services. I number of iphone apps were coded in a manner where the network interface behind the app was not encrypted. I'd trust the BB10 browser over any app since you can see if encryption is being used with the browser.

I suspect the really cool Bloomberg BB10 app doesn't interest you. ;-) Look, as much as Blackberry tries to change its image, it is really a phone for adults these days. When BBM was free, i.e. no data plan required, I understand the highschool kids used to use Blackberries. But BBM these days needs so much bandwidth that I don't know if any carrier provides it for free now.
    slam54 likes this.
    01-04-14 08:45 PM
    Here's some information on sending larger video files: How to send large video files; send large files to friends and family - PC Advisor

I can't find much info on which side the email limitation is: email provider or device, but it seems Android at least has a limit as well (which leads me to believe it's the provider) and maybe iPhones are able to do something to circumvent that limit (iMessage or cloud service usage somehow?)

Again, this is just based off of information I found in about 15 minutes.
    01-04-14 08:55 PM
    Pandora client (not from pandora themselves but a third party)

Is It Worth It To Buy A Brand New Z10 For 0?-img_20140104_214157.png

Iheart from them

Is It Worth It To Buy A Brand New Z10 For 0?-img_20140104_214414.png

Fly Delta(bad reviews, but there.)

Is It Worth It To Buy A Brand New Z10 For 0?-img_20140104_214617.png

Instagram (via third party blackgram,more features Said to be coming,)

Is It Worth It To Buy A Brand New Z10 For 0?-img_20140104_214722.png

Also there is the option to get iGrann another full instagram client in the works, also, the option to load a leak such as 10.2.1 and have the ability to download and install apks str8 from android stores, or snap (an app to sideload that gives you access to Google play stote)

I didn't find anything for spotify.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Mr.Monty and curvezzz like this.
    01-04-14 08:58 PM
    Here's some information on sending larger video files: How to send large video files; send large files to friends and family - PC Advisor

I can't find much info on which side the email limitation is: email provider or device, but it seems Android at least has a limit as well (which leads me to believe it's the provider) and maybe iPhones are able to do something to circumvent that limit (iMessage or cloud service usage somehow?)

Again, this is just based off of information I found in about 15 minutes.
    The email size limit is set by blackberry. If you use k9mail, you are not on the Blackberry network, hence you are limited by the next roadblock, which is your email provider. [ISP, web hosting company, or (gasp) gmail, yahoo, etc.) You no longer get blackberry email addresses with BB10, but you do still use the Blackberry network.

BB10 supports dropbox and box, so I don't see the issue if you trust those services. You can also just sftp to a private server through a number of BB10 apps.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    01-04-14 09:01 PM
75 123