today i have lost my lovely blackberry z10, i have used almost every phone by bb, but sadly i am going to miss my z10 a lot
    05-28-13 09:21 AM
    no chance to find it with BB- Protect ?
    sad to hear...
    05-28-13 09:25 AM
    You're fortunate to have not had worse events in your life than loosing your phone. Wait until someone close to you dies, that will put tragedy in perspective.
    05-28-13 09:28 AM
    Lessons
    1) always backup
    2) apply Blackberry Protect to locate, issue a signal, then wipe
    3) get insurance on an expensive phone
    4) report phone as lost to your phone network and have then 'barr' the BB phone

OP: hope you did all of these
    M65c02 likes this.
    05-28-13 09:32 AM
    You're fortunate to have not had worse events in your life than loosing losing your phone. Wait until someone close to you dies, that will put tragedy in perspective.
    Ouch... Take it easy, mate.
    bbqkid8, SDTRMG, bp3dots and 10 others like this.
    05-28-13 09:34 AM
    You're fortunate to have not had worse events in your life than loosing your phone. Wait until someone close to you dies, that will put tragedy in perspective.
    i dont know what this means to you, everything has its place, loosing people and loosing things are not same.
    i have put my hard earned money(44000 Rs)to get my z10, and in india thats a lot of money,
    if you still think its a kind of joke, just have a laugh and pass on.
    Rezia, Fnord, SDTRMG and 8 others like this.
    05-28-13 09:40 AM
    Sorry to hear you lost your phone that sucks man.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:43 AM
    i dont know what this means to you, everything has its place, loosing people and loosing things are not same.
    i have put my hard earned money(44000 Rs)to get my z10, and in india thats a lot of money,
    if you still think its a kind of joke, just have a laugh and pass on.
    I don't think it is a joke at all. It would majorly suck to loose my Zed10. But, it would be far from the worst day of my life. As I said, you are lucky that is the worst thing that has happened to you. I hope it remains the worst thing you ever experience.
    05-28-13 09:46 AM
    Did you have BlackBerry Protect enabled? Hopefully you can find it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:50 AM
    Did you have BlackBerry Protect enabled? Hopefully you can find it.
    i have blackberry protect enabled, how can one find it?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:53 AM
    You have no idea what a bad day is. Look at people who went through the recent tornado or hurricanes or all the senseless shootings and terrorist attacks and then tell me you had the worst day of your life. Grow up.
    1magine and lazer53 like this.
    05-28-13 09:55 AM
    05-28-13 09:57 AM
    Sorry that you lost your phone but the day is not over - it could still turn up. Hopefully it is insured.
    05-28-13 10:08 AM
    Ouch, sorry to hear about your phone... That truly sucks.
    I read in a newspaper a few years back that people would rather lose their wallet over losing a phone!
    I'm hoping someone would return it back to you

Proudly posted via my Z10
    05-28-13 10:16 AM
    Soooo did you locate or wipe it with BB Protect? Did you have insurance and are able to replace it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Also did you have screen password enable? Might be a good idea to log onto your carriers account and see if any calls have been made from it. Or call your phone.

On my lock screen I have 2 other #'s and an email address I can be reached on if someone finds my lost cell.

Check around and inquire in the area the last place you had it, there are still some honest people out there and may have turned it in.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-28-13 at 10:27 AM.
    Through the web site, after you log in, click on View Location. Not exact location but might be helpful in narrowing it down. I hope you do find it.
    You have no idea what a bad day is. Look at people who went through the recent tornado or hurricanes or all the senseless shootings and terrorist attacks and then tell me you had the worst day of your life. Grow up.
    You have no idea what he's experienced in life, yet you presume to tell him what a bad day is? Bottom line, maybe losing HIS phone is the worst thing that happened to HIM. That's what this thread is about, so take your own advice.
    05-28-13 10:25 AM
    Hi - Losing a phone can leave one gutted - I know.
    BlackBerry Protect can help find it if you enabled it.

Go to https://protect.blackberry.com/ and give it your BlackBerry ID
    You'll get a screen that allows you to locate the device - if it is powered up and has a connection to a wireless network you'll be able to see it on a map.

If, like I have done once or twice (or more ) you find it at home then you can make it make loud obnoxious noise even it is on silent. That way you can track it to your favourite chair or your car or your briefcase etc.

If you think a bad person has it you can either notify the police or even remote-wipe the phone and lock it with a message and password (perhaps to offer a reward for the return?)

Good luck. I feel for you.
    Christian Heinrich likes this.
    05-28-13 10:37 AM
    Worst day of your life? I only wish losing my phone equates to the worst day of my life!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:58 AM
    Sorry to hear that

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    05-28-13 11:12 AM
    An expression taken seriously.

Sorry for your loss man.
    saint613 likes this.
    05-28-13 11:13 AM
    Ok people let's slow down here. As you know we as humans tend to over exaggerate a situation. This YOUNG MAN clearly experienced a major loss and has not lived long enough to know a real tragety....yet,right now this is at the top of HIS list of dispare. Let him have his moment. Let's not beat this YOUNG MAN up but let's ralley around him and help in any way we can...cause after all---- THIS IS WHAT WE DO HERE---PEACE!!!!
    blackmoe, JWWDUKE, ESCON and 5 others like this.
    05-28-13 11:26 AM
    If i lost my z10 in would be pissed since I don't have anything backed up. Don't feel like tethering to a pc to do this. If i lost my iPhone not a single f unk would be given as its 100% backed up to the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:29 AM
    Ok people let's slow down here. As you know we as humans tend to over exaggerate a situation. This YOUNG MAN clearly experienced a major loss and has not lived long enough to know a real tragety....yet,right now this is at the top of HIS list of dispare. Let him have his moment. Let's not beat this YOUNG MAN up but let's ralley around him and help in any way we can...cause after all---- THIS IS WHAT WE DO HERE---PEACE!!!!
    I appreciate the tread title could be hyperbole. However, some people have experienced real loss that could not be corrected with a little time and money. There was no need for me to tell him he should use BB Protect as that was already mentioned. If he did not pre-configure BB Protect on his device for possible loss, that was a mistake and I hope he learns from it. If it is uninsured, he will be out a considerable number of rupees. That could cause some suffering. For that he has my sympathy.
    05-28-13 11:41 AM
    Man it sucks when you lose something you worked hard to save up for. Hopefully it shows up, you never know; best of luck
    05-28-13 11:47 AM
52 123