I know this issue has been discussed in many ways more than a handful. But they all seem to have messed with the settings and now, well am in a jumble.

I simple need to get my z10 to receive my work email a i.e. via Microsoft Outlook.

Can someone please send me the procedures for dummies to me.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:32 AM
    I know this issue has been discussed in many ways more than a handful. But they all seem to have messed with the settings and now, well am in a jumble.

I simple need to get my z10 to receive my work email a i.e. via Microsoft Outlook.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "Via Outlook"? If you have an email server at work which you are able to access externally you should be able to set this up on your Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:53 AM

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

There is no "Outlook" on any device other than a Microsoft device or something running Microsoft Windows.

More information needed. Your I.T. staff needs to help you, at least by informing you which connection methods their email system supports.

Common ones:

POP3
    IMAP
    MAPI / Proprietary Microsoft Outlook/Exchange
    Exchange ActiveSync
    Outlook Web Access (basically Microsoft's name for webmail)
    04-15-13 08:54 AM
    As has been stated. More information is needed.

We need to know how your business email gets into your Outlook to help you get that email onto your Z10. Because Outlook supports a whack of different mail servers there is no single answer to your question until we have more details. (There is but it's not helpful if you don't have a tech background - put the same settings that are in your Outlook into your Z10.)

Also it would be helpful to know which Outlook you are referring to. Microsoft Outlook is a different program from Microsoft Outlook Express which is also different from Outlook.com.

Sorry ...
    04-15-13 09:20 AM
    Provided you are referring to Microsoft Exchange Server (and the server is configured properly ) from your workplace and you just want to access your work email from your Z10, here it is:

Things you should know beforehand:
    • your email address
    • your password
    • your work computer domain name
    • your work computer user name
    • your Microsoft Exchange Server OWA address (try something like mail.yourdomain.com from a web browser)

Go to System Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account+ -> Email, Calendar and Contacts

On the next screen fill in:
    Email Address* (your Exchange account email address) -> Press Next button
    Password * (your Exchange account password) -> Press Next button

Press Continue if the 'Provider Identity Not Verifiable' screen appears.

On the next screen, when re-prompted for Email address, press Advanced button from the bottom.

On Advanced Setup screen select Microsoft Exhange ActiveSync option

Description (some description like Work Email)
    Domain* (your network domain name, all caps)
    Username* (your DOMAIN username, the one you log in into computer, NOT the email address/user name as appears filled)
    Email * (same as before, should be already filled)
    Password * (same as before, should be already filled)
    Server Address* (your OWA mail server address, should be something like mail.yourdomain.com)
    Port* (443 for SSL On, 80 otherwise)
    Use SSL (should be On)
    Use VPN (Off)
    Push (On)
    Sync Timeframe (30 Days)

Press Next button

Press Continue if the 'Provider Identity Not Verifiable' screen appears again.

On the last screen choose what do you want to Sync:
    Sync Email (On)
    Sync Contacts (On)
    Sync Calendar (On)
    Sync Tasks (On)
    Sync Memos (On)

Press Done button.

If you do not have a password for the lock screen, you will need one from now on.

That's all. Success!
    Omnitech, Deuce009 and ima5exypaki like this.
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    Cjpinxit, you are the man. Great tips.
    04-15-13 09:38 AM
    Hey pal, thanks for the step by step.

but as soon as i press continue after

Use SSL (should be On)
    Use VPN (Off)
    Push (On)
    Sync Timeframe (30 Days)

Press Next button

it says "your login info is incorrect, update your login info and try again"
    *Although my login info is still correct and no chnages have been made*

Miss my old bold where it was much simpler !!
    04-16-13 07:32 AM
    Hey guys,

thanks for your input.

What I was trying to get to at was that on my previous cell i.e. BOLD, Setting up my work email addy account was much easier than the Z10 *Microsoft outlook*.

Appologies if much info was not provided

cjpinxit's reply seems to have "almost" worked minus the message saying login info is incorrect which I know is load of bullcrap haha

Ughh
    04-16-13 07:42 AM
    Hey guys,

thanks for your input.

What I was trying to get to at was that on my previous cell i.e. BOLD, Setting up my work email addy account was much easier than the Z10 *Microsoft outlook*.

Appologies if much info was not provided

cjpinxit's reply seems to have "almost" worked minus the message saying login info is incorrect which I know is load of bullcrap haha

Ughh
    I'm not sure it's a question of being "fundamentally easier" as much as a matter of A) working with the information you already have and B) you're already familiar with how to get it working.

The old Blackberries only support an older "webmail" form of connection to MS Exchange servers. The new Blackberry platform supports Exchange ActiveSync which connects in a totally different way.

But you really need to get your I.T. staff to help you with this, as they have all sorts of control over how their server works and that impacts how your mobile device will work. For example, they could, if they wished, completely block your Blackberry from connecting. Which is why I say, once again, you need to get some assistance from them.

The last person that posted here about this sort of thing, it turned out that her I.T. department has disabled the feature that would have allowed her to connect. People went round/round/round giving suggestions for close to a week before we all figured out that they had basically blocked her connection from the server side.
    04-16-13 02:02 PM
    Here is that last discussion I mentioned about "work email". You may be able to learn something of use there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emails-789458/
    04-16-13 02:10 PM
    Hey pal, thanks for the step by step.

but as soon as i press continue after

Use SSL (should be On)
    Use VPN (Off)
    Push (On)
    Sync Timeframe (30 Days)

Press Next button

it says "your login info is incorrect, update your login info and try again"
    *Although my login info is still correct and no chnages have been made*

Miss my old bold where it was much simpler !!
    You could try setting SSL to off (port 80) and see if it is working like this...

Also make sure that your wifi network that you are using setting up the account does not have restrictions (proxy server restricting access to some specific ports only, like 80, 21, etc). You can use your 3G network to setup this account to make sure you are not behind some proxy.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:24 AM
    Thanks guys for this information. I had also trouble to configure my working email on my phone. Now I am able to get my mails even before I got it on my outlook on my desktop.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:15 AM
    What's the difference between Exchange and Exchange Active Sync?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:12 AM
    You can auto-forward into a gmail or yahoo acct from Outlook desktop, emails will show up on your phone.
    04-17-13 10:23 AM
    Exchange is the name of Microsoft's email server product. Exchange Active Sync is a protocol that lets mobile devices connect to Exchange servers.

What's the difference between Exchange and Exchange Active Sync?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:31 AM
    Hmm well I was able to setup my work email but I can't get the Microsoft Exchange one to work. There is no other option for me after reentering my email. No next button just submit. It's food I have my email working but can't sync calendars.

Sweet I figured it out...soo do I still need work email account itself??
    04-17-13 01:39 PM
    Anyone else annoyed by Exchange/ActiveSync push? I have HUB++ setup to give a special LED pattern for when work email comes in. I see that pattern all the time in the periphery of my vision and immediately look at Outlook on my computer screen only to have nothing. Damn it, I wish Z10 would not constantly get email before Outlook does, it is annoying.
    04-18-13 07:54 AM
    Anyone else annoyed by Exchange/ActiveSync push? I have HUB++ setup to give a special LED pattern for when work email comes in. I see that pattern all the time in the periphery of my vision and immediately look at Outlook on my computer screen only to have nothing. Damn it, I wish Z10 would not constantly get email before Outlook does, it is annoying.
    My Microsoft Exchange email arrives on my BlackBerry Z10 instantaneously and the red LED blinks. Would I like to be able to assign a unique colour to the LED notification for this email? Absolutely. Will BlackBerry enable such a feature? Ask the homeless person pan-handling at the intersection the next time you are at a red light. As far as I can tell Thorsten is too enamoured with in-car infotainment systems to bother with frivolities such as customizable notifications and full-function bridge between smartphone and tablet. Yeah, these features all existed on earlier BlackBerry smartphones but we are told they are not essential. < /sarcasm dripping tongue >
    04-18-13 08:12 AM
    You can auto-forward into a gmail or yahoo acct from Outlook desktop, emails will show up on your phone.
    This act will get you terminated in many organizations. But go ahead and live dangerously if you want...just don't give ill-advised advice to others.
    04-18-13 08:13 AM