Guys,

Can't get my emails activated. Set up screen requires 'server address' as required field. Never had to do this before. Our IT guys have no idea what the server address is.

Can anyone help?
    02-08-13 10:22 AM
    Good IT guys lol isn't it their job to know that?

In all seriousness though, I'm sure you'll find the answer in here somewhere. What account is it? That may help in getting the answer you're looking for.
    02-08-13 10:30 AM
    Yup...and in fact if you use the web desktop manager for your BES10, you can see it there as well. In BES 10, like prior BES's, the server address can be either the FQDN of the machine, or in BES 10, they have now included the address assigned by BlackBerry, which would be something like Sxxxxxxxx. It is under the activation password field in the BES and needs to be entered in your account setup on the device during the activation process. If your guys are indeed IT guys, they should know this...however, I can help you further if you PM me...

The Web Desktop manager now allows the user (if the IT policy permits) to wirelessley activate their own devices. It also has the server address in the format I mentioned above.
    02-08-13 10:33 AM
    Two24- that is the Exchange Active Sync (EAS) server name that your IT department has to publish to the Internet.
    If your company allows iPhones (SHUDDER) or Androids (SHUDDER) ask them for the server name that people use.
    If they don't allow EAS, ask if they have implemented BES10.

If your company doesn't offer EAS or BES10, you are out of luck.
    02-08-13 10:36 AM
    The server address is the SRP ID. It's in the format S12345678. They can get it from the BES 10 Administrative Console. That said, you don't necessarily need to enter it depending on how you activate.

You can activate you Z10 on BES in two ways:

1. Go to Setup --> Add Account --> Email, Calendar... --> add work email address --> here's you'll be asked for the activation password. Then continue. If you use this method you DON'T need the server address. The device will automatically activate using BES 10 if your user account was already provisioned there by your IT department.

2. Same as before to Add Account but then go to Advanced at the bottom, then select Work Account. If you use this method you will need the Server Address. Try the other way first.
    02-08-13 10:53 AM
    I am struggling to get the server address from my IT department. I used to have BB7 device activated on the enterprise mail, how do I sthift to BB10 please
    03-21-13 03:41 AM
    I am struggling to get the server address from my IT department. I used to have BB7 device activated on the enterprise mail, how do I sthift to BB10 please
    If you are having hard time getting server address, it is probably because they are not set up to use BES10. With BB7 you did not need a server address to activate enterprise. But with BB10 you need the address, or it won't activate. I just went through the same thing, and had to end up getting ActiveSync. Now half of my contacts are missing, I am not getting my notes, and e-mail is slower.
    03-28-13 03:39 PM
    Guys,

Can't get my emails activated. Set up screen requires 'server address' as required field. Never had to do this before. Our IT guys have no idea what the server address is.

Can anyone help?
    Teo your it should have give u a server# with a letter and a 8 digit number to connect

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:46 PM
    You probably want to ask your informed IT admin if they are running BES 10 or BES 5.. if its BES 5 then you will not be activating your BB10 device onto that BES until they upgrade to 10.

You may find that they are trialling it and you may have to go onto a trial if they have not already upgraded. We're running a trial alongside BES 5 so we can test the Z and Q devices and get feedback on those. The upgrade to BES 10 will happen anyway as BES 5 will go EOL at some point, and they are only going to be releasing a few more updates to it.
    03-28-13 03:55 PM
    thank you ! not even able to do active-sync, can you help please
    03-29-13 12:29 AM
    Need some help here please.

I am Besadmin for my company and just started trialling the BES 10 which has been configured. However, I am unable to activate the work email account on a test Z10 device. It prompts for email address which leads to it asking the activation password. The activation password has since been set but it doesn't even work. It displays "Contacting server, Don't close setting until complete" for some time and then displays "Activation error, server couldn't be contacted. Check that you are connected to a network and that the server address is correct, and try again"

Every parameter is correct but somehow it just doesn't activate. Please advise.
    04-24-13 09:00 AM
    Need some help here please.

I am Besadmin for my company and just started trialling the BES 10 which has been configured. However, I am unable to activate the work email account on a test Z10 device. It prompts for email address which leads to it asking the activation password. The activation password has since been set but it doesn't even work. It displays "Contacting server, Don't close setting until complete" for some time and then displays "Activation error, server couldn't be contacted. Check that you are connected to a network and that the server address is correct, and try again"

Every parameter is correct but somehow it just doesn't activate. Please advise.
    Ran into the same issue... problem was McAfee AV port conflict with EMWS ... had to change port for EMWS and restart
    05-01-13 12:09 PM
    Yup...and in fact if you use the web desktop manager for your BES10, you can see it there as well. In BES 10, like prior BES's, the server address can be either the FQDN of the machine, or in BES 10, they have now included the address assigned by BlackBerry, which would be something like Sxxxxxxxx. It is under the activation password field in the BES and needs to be entered in your account setup on the device during the activation process. If your guys are indeed IT guys, they should know this...however, I can help you further if you PM me...

The Web Desktop manager now allows the user (if the IT policy permits) to wirelessley activate their own devices. It also has the server address in the format I mentioned above.
    I thought the Web Desktop Manager in 5.0.4 also allowed this - once enabled by the admin on BES, I could be mistaken and only remembering admin access to start activation process via the browser.
    05-01-13 02:38 PM
    may I know what is EMWS, I got the same problem here.
    05-13-13 12:07 AM
    Guys,

Can anyone help?
    01-16-14 07:03 PM
    If your activating your BES email account, your IT will have that information available. If they don't, politely ask them to have someone contact you that knows what they are doing.

PS. Plenty of suggestions in the previous responses.
    01-16-14 08:20 PM