I have a story similar to the OP. In my case, to connect to Exchange, my company requires a mobile device management app by Mobile Device Management, Application Management & Expense Management from the Cloud | MaaS360 by Fiberlink even though OS 10 connects to Exchange without an agent. Unfortunately Maas360 doesn't have a client for OS 10, so when my company sunsetted BES I was forced to switch. iPhone was a non-starter for me because it doesn't support sideloading documents, which is an important aspect of my work, as I'm sometimes in situations where I can't connect to the cloud so need local files. I looked at the Galaxy S4 and new Droid Maxx, settling on the Maxx. I do have to say it hasn't been horrible, and in fact is a rich, feature-filled environment. I do agree with a previous poster that security in the Android world is shockingly deficient.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    So we should just believe you because you have 1900+ posts? Going for the long troll?

Yes, that's how stupid some of you sound (not you jbeachy).
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    11-09-13 10:28 PM
    Actually, you are missing something. The user asked a specific question and has been nothing if not cordial and willing to explain his situation.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, but my response was for you as much as it was for him. As I mentioned, at the end of the day, we the CB faithful don't care if you come or go but don't come onto a forum ask a question and than show no willingness to accept some of the good informative information that has been provided. That is exactly what the OP was doing, he might have provided some additional context now, but not at the time I posted.
    11-09-13 10:45 PM
    Only to finally come on a BlackBerry site and ask what other device to get?

...ok

CB10'n it via da Z
    Where else would he ask? iMore? Get an iPhone! AndroidCentral? Get a Galaxy S4!
    h20work likes this.
    11-09-13 10:51 PM
    Gotta agree...something is not passing the smell test. not saying it's you OP, but someone is feeding a line to someone

CB10'n it via da Z
    I agree, and have previously stated that unless your IT department are managing from a hardware level via software, this make no sense. The only other explanation I can come up with, is that the actual resources managing your exchange services do not have training to support BlackBerry 10 devices. In this case, I can see why the company would be forced to drop BlackBerry even though Android or iOS would be run off active sync exchange for email and security.
    Last edited by Carmels; 11-09-13 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Additional content
    11-09-13 10:51 PM
    I agree, and have previously stated that unless your IT department are managing from a hardware level via software, this make no sense. The only other explanation is that the actually resources managing your exchange services will not have training to support BlackBerry 10 devices, in this case I can see why the company would be forced to drop BlackBerry even though either Android or iOS would be run off active sync.
    First sentence in the original post "Work is dropping all Blackberry phones and I need to choose another work phone."

Offering opinions of why bb10 may be better, acceptable, etc wasn't even an option. If the op asked "help me change their minds" your argument would have merit.
    niss63 likes this.
    11-09-13 10:56 PM
    So we should just believe you because you have 1900+ posts? Going for the long troll?

Ummm... Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about. Not asking anybody to believe anything, just telling the story of why I had to switch from my beloved BlackBerry on order to remain connected to my company's Exchange server. What in my post could possibly be construed as trolling??

11-09-13 10:57 PM
    At least you have a choice. Realized I had a BlackBerry and said, " we're gonna see about issuing you an iPhone."

I was like....um ok.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:58 PM
    Ummm... Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about. Not asking anybody to believe anything, just telling the story of why I had to switch from my beloved BlackBerry on order to remain connected to my company's Exchange server. What in my post could possibly be construed as trolling??

I was afraid that would happen, that's why I specifically said "not you jbeachy".

Playbookster and a few other likes to call out anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    11-09-13 11:01 PM

And nothing in your post or the op's was trolling.
    11-09-13 11:03 PM
    If you type a lot then I'd avoid the iPhone and go for Android and install Swift key.

If it was me it would be the Moto X. Or perhaps the Droid Maxx for the sake of battery life.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-09-13 11:12 PM
    I agree, and have previously stated that unless your IT department are managing from a hardware level via software, this make no sense. The only other explanation I can come up with, is that the actual resources managing your exchange services do not have training to support BlackBerry 10 devices. In this case, I can see why the company would be forced to drop BlackBerry even though Android or iOS would be run off active sync exchange for email and security.
    It has nothing to do with Exchange - the company wants to force an IT policy requiring passwords on the device, and their management system does not support doing this on BB10 devices. In order to force all employees to use password-protected phones, they must be non-BlackBerry phones.
    jbeachy, niss63 and Carmels like this.
    11-09-13 11:18 PM
    I would recommend a Windows Phone 8 device due to it having an actual mobile version of Microsoft Office and an easier learning curve (in my opinion).
    11-09-13 11:30 PM
    Same. Verizon carries the Nokia Lumia 928 which has a nice 4.5" screen, great for editing documents. It also supports wireless charging and has a decent camera if you need to snap a photo of a document. The downside is that I don't believe it can mirror its screen for a presentation, if that applies to you. There is no HDMI out like on the Z10.
    I think they will soon now with the Nokia Beam app. It'll be available with the Nokia Black update coming soon and you can mirror your screen on a desktop pc or another Lumia wireless

OP, of you got the chance take a Lumia. Great phone for bussiness if you can't use a BlackBerry, I heard

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:23 AM
    Wp should suffice as a work phone. The Nokia's are well built and MS office environment is feature rich. Combine these with a nice large screen for your docs and you're away. My recommendation is based on your requirements and logic.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-10-13 03:21 AM
    Wp should suffice as a work phone. The Nokia's are well built and MS office environment is feature rich. Combine these with a nice large screen for your docs and you're away. My recommendation is based on your requirements and logic.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Needs satisfaction.
    11-10-13 04:48 AM
    Work is dropping all Blackberry phones and I need to choose another work phone. Basically, anything Verizon offers besides Blackberry. I've had Blackberry phones for the last decade and have not used anything else. Very reliable and efficient. My question is what is a good replacement for my Z10?
    so you posted in a Z10 forum that you want a non-Blackberry to replace it? Why not go over to Android or Iphone forums, wouldnt you expect to get a more concise and suitable response....
    Last edited by collinc93; 11-10-13 at 06:28 AM.
    playbookster likes this.
    11-10-13 06:17 AM

it haas nothing to do with troll.....its a BB forum and a Z10 thread....ahm yeah smart
    11-10-13 06:27 AM
    it haas nothing to do with troll.....its a BB forum and a Z10 thread....ahm yeah smart
    The guy has been a long-time CB forum visitor. Seems logical that he might come here for advice. But having recently had to switch devices myself and also become active in Android Central, there are a lot of displaced BlackBerry users there. And the OP would actually get a civil answer without getting pounded like he has by some here. What is up with this forum?

niss63, h20work, ssbtech and 4 others like this.
    11-10-13 08:08 AM
    Poor OP, comes to crackberry forums --> Work is making me drop my Z10, what would this community recommend? Crackberry forum --> Your IT department is stupid. Blackberry for life. No other phone is worth mentioning.

Well in direct response to his original question, from my experience I can recommend the iPhone. Android phones can get pretty crazy and were more complicated than they needed to be imo. For a business device, I found the iPhone quite reliable. I run a small business and use my phone for phone calls, emails, and few select applications such as payroll, banking, and skype for international communication. The quality of apps is definitely most superior on the iPhone over other phones. For my type of usage, I make it through the day on a single charge without issue. The camera can take a half decent picture if I need it. I switch devices often and the resale of an iphone is second to none. I'm not a fanboy by any means. The phone does what I need it do, and does it well. What I dislike is having to press the home button twice when switching between open apps and the durability of the phone. The materials mark up very easily so without a case you're asking for trouble.

I previously had a z10, then tried the z30 and now am on an iphone 5s. What I really enjoyed in bb10 was the hub and the switching between relevant apps. Notes while on a phone call was useful. I preferred the size and the construction. No need for a case. If I was able to get those 2 or 3 quality apps I needed, I would have stuck with bb10 and especially the z10 for the price nowadays. I know I'll catch a lot of grief for answering honestly, but hopefully my insight is somewhat useful.
    11-10-13 08:10 AM
    Was not her Z10 that got hacked. Please do your homework

CB10'n it via da Z

You forgot "enjoy"

BB Proud
    11-10-13 08:19 AM
    Fair enough, but my response was for you as much as it was for him. As I mentioned, at the end of the day, we the CB faithful don't care if you come or go but don't come onto a forum ask a question and than show no willingness to accept some of the good informative information that has been provided. That is exactly what the OP was doing, he might have provided some additional context now, but not at the time I posted.
    BS. He had already posted answers to the questions posed by the time you posted your response to me. He also had asked for specific advice which you had failed to answer.

Get off of the CB faithful nonsense and just answer the damn question. It's really that simple.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and mrfreeze like this.
    11-10-13 08:23 AM
    Wow. Talk about an insecure bunch. Nothing sounded like the OP was a troll. Btw...my IT department lied for years that BlackBerry was not compatible and everyone knew he just hated BlackBerry. Fortunately I had own account for phones and he got a new boss.

BB Proud
    11-10-13 08:24 AM

Some here had suggested that the OP was a troll because of his low post count. h20work was making a sarcastic comparison between the similarity of your situation, where you were forced to get a non-bb phone and the OP situation. Therefore, he was saying that since you have a high post count, were the others going to label you a troll, as well?

It was just a way of pointing out how much animosity and insecurity is in this forum.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 11-10-13 at 08:07 PM.
    h20work, TGR1 and jbeachy like this.
    11-10-13 08:35 AM
    Have they discussed this with BlackBerry to see if it can be resolved?

Work has password software that apparently doesn't work with BB10 and they are not upgrading the BES server. Software works on Android and IOS. Looking at Galaxy S4 and IPhone 5s, possibly windows. Has anyone else been forced to change?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:41 AM
    Sounds like you have no say in the matter and the IT department wants to automate things and they can't do that with their current software for BB10 phones. It's unfortunate you have to move away from BlackBerry! If I were in this situation these are the phones that would be on my list(assuming they are buying the phone and you don't have to:

-HTC One: Great Android phone with awesome build quality.
    -LG G2: Looks like a great phone, haven't had the pleasure of using one yet though
    -Galaxy Note 3: I read in one of your posts you do a lot of reading of emails. This would be a good option for reading because there is ample screen real estate for reading. Not to mention you have the great pen functionality!
    -iPhone: I would personally not choose it, but I do recognize it's a great option because of all the apps available and it's generally the first platform developers deploy their

I'm not sure what phone I would choose if it came down to it, they are all pretty good. It sounds like you may benefit from the Note 3 if your reading PDFs and having to take notes.

Ultimately head to the Verizon store and try some of the phones out to see which one you like. None of us can say which phone you will like, only you can make that decision so get which one you enjoy and can see yourself using on a daily basis =)
    TGR1 and mrfreeze like this.
    11-10-13 09:03 AM
133 ... 23456