I don't get it. Please tell us the software that your company needs you to use that is only available for os and android.

I agree with some of the other posts and that this sounds fishy

If you are buying it, you should be able to buy whatever you want, if they are paying, then they are morons for not choosing one device and negotiating a volume discount for all their employees

That is why I think it's fishy

The above poster said his company is moving to iphone, but that also implies the employees get the phone for free.

So, to the original poster, please go over this one more time in greater detail so we get an idea, or otherwise goto an android or apple forum and ask them

Why would you go to A BlackBerry site and ask their advice of other phones?

Like I said fissssshhy

Posted via CB10
    He's not buying the phone. Quit looking for trolls and answer the question posed.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900, Branta and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    11-09-13 06:07 PM
    All phones in the company are password protected. It is my understanding that the software used for password protection with androids and iOS does not work with BB10 devices. That said, the company is migrating away from Blackberry products. All Blackberry phones are being switched.

I actually have a PlayBook, which was I received during a Verizon beta release with the company. I still use the PlayBook daily. I miss the Blackberry Bridge that work with my Bold 9930. I would love to continue using my Z10 but it the phone is provided by the company.

Since I'm sure other Blackberry users here are experiencing the same issue. So I'm looking for advice as to what those users would recommend.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 06:33 PM
    When did you get your Z10?
    11-09-13 06:38 PM
    I got my Z10 the week it was first available through Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 06:40 PM
    11-09-13 06:43 PM
    Hmm... What have they been using to manage it up till now?
    11-09-13 06:44 PM
    I'm not sure what the password software is I'd have to ask. The BB10 phones, Z10 and Q10, use Microsoft Exchange server for Outlook email and calendar. Employees who have BB10 phones do not have password restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 06:50 PM
    I call shenanigans... Sorry man. You may be legit, but none of this makes any sense.
    11-09-13 06:54 PM
    I call shenanigans... Sorry man. You may be legit, but none of this makes any sense.
    Gotta agree...something is not passing the smell test. not saying it's you OP, but someone is feeding a line to someone

CB10'n it via da Z
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    11-09-13 06:57 PM
    My IT department has been trying to kick my bb10 off there network for months. They were going to go with Bes10 but it was to pricey. They have had BlackBerry phone since they came out and BlackBerry didn't want to give them a good price so they went with Mc affee MDM services and they do not support BlackBerry 10 so they want all bb10 phones off their network. I been fighting it and they are going to kick me off soon. I refuse to give up my Z30 so if they want me to get mobile email they will have to supply me with a phone. Currently they only give smartphones to management (iphones now they are dropping BlackBerry altogether) rest of us get flip phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 06:58 PM
    All phones in the company are password protected. It is my understanding that the software used for password protection with androids and iOS does not work with BB10 devices. That said, the company is migrating away from Blackberry products. All Blackberry phones are being switched.

I actually have a PlayBook, which was I received during a Verizon beta release with the company. I still use the PlayBook daily. I miss the Blackberry Bridge that work with my Bold 9930. I would love to continue using my Z10 but it the phone is provided by the company.

Since I'm sure other Blackberry users here are experiencing the same issue. So I'm looking for advice as to what those users would recommend.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the blackberry is also password protected.
    But please do get a 5s device with finger print password lock and within 48 those devices won't be
    Oh and Bes 10 can be used on the ifone and droid devices to manage them as well as sync password for the users etc.
    Last edited by Q100; 11-09-13 at 07:15 PM.
    11-09-13 06:59 PM
    They chosen not to upgrade the BES server to BB10 and cannot force BB10 users to implement password protection with whatever software they are using for androids and iOS. I don't what else to tell you.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:00 PM
    They chosen not to upgrade the BES server to BB10 and cannot force BB10 users to implement password protection with whatever software they are using for androids and iOS. I don't what else to tell you.

Posted via CB10
    Did you not say they are using active sync?

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 07:02 PM
    Work dropping BlackBerry - good replacement phone?-img_00004121.png

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-09-13 07:03 PM
    So ya BlackBerry is out if your company chooses this ****in crap like my employer did.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:04 PM
    Our email and calendar information is pushed wireless. I have been told we use active sync.

I don't know if that's different from the old desktop software the used to be used the old HP Ipaq's and Windows phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:12 PM
    They can kick you off exchange. They like to know they can wipe your device if there is a security breach. Since nothing else that I know of other than bes10 can do that BlackBerry has and will continue to lose this market they believe that they own. I know they dropped the price but what they lost they won't get back for sometime as it was a investment in dumping BlackBerry phones as servers. I would have hoped they would have gave it for free to companies that would use bb10 phones exclusive . That would have been smart.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:29 PM
    They can kick you off exchange. They like to know they can wipe your device if there is a security breach. Since nothing else that I know of other than bes10 can do that BlackBerry has and will continue to lose this market they believe that they own. I know they dropped the price but what they lost they won't get back for sometime as it was a investment in dumping BlackBerry phones as servers. I would have hoped they would have gave it for free to companies that would use bb10 phones exclusive . That would have been smart.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't BlackBerry Protect do that?
    11-09-13 07:33 PM
    I'm not trying to string anyone along. I received an email last Friday afternoon stating, "Please be advised that the ?Authority? is moving away from the Blackberry Network.� Please call to discuss device options."

I may have my information incorrect regarding active sync but the password issue is correct.

All I'm looking for is good replacement phone. Since this has evolved into something else I'll figure it out myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:58 PM
    Just bite the bullet and get an iPhone beats android hands down security wise! And whatever these tools at your company do next: that phone should be supported!

Ok, question answered: let's close this thread!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:47 PM
    Work has password software that apparently doesn't work with BB10 and they are not upgrading the BES server. Software works on Android and IOS. Looking at Galaxy S4 and IPhone 5s, possibly windows. Has anyone else been forced to change?

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't "forced" to change but I did change from a Q10 to an iPhone 5S and have been quite happy with the change. The keyboard takes a little used to coming from a physical BB keyboard to a virtual keyboard but aside from that, I'm really enjoying my iPhone 5S.

Surprisingly, I found the transition from my Q10 to the iPhone 5S far smoother than my transition from my Bold to my Z10.
    11-09-13 09:08 PM
    I have a story similar to the OP. In my case, to connect to Exchange, my company requires a mobile device management app by www.maas360.com even though OS 10 connects to Exchange without an agent. Unfortunately Maas360 doesn't have a client for OS 10, so when my company sunsetted BES I was forced to switch. iPhone was a non-starter for me because it doesn't support sideloading documents, which is an important aspect of my work, as I'm sometimes in situations where I can't connect to the cloud so need local files. I looked at the Galaxy S4 and new Droid Maxx, settling on the Maxx. I do have to say it hasn't been horrible, and in fact is a rich, feature-filled environment. I do agree with a previous poster that security in the Android world is shockingly deficient.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-09-13 09:13 PM
    So it's not the ActiveSync issues the OP's employer is concerned about, it's the device management they're concerned about.

They can't be bothered to go with BES10 for their MDM and have probably been suckered into a competing MDM system by a suave salesperson who told them BlackBerry might go out of business.

Here's what I say - Keep your BB10 device (if you're paying for the plan) and ask your employer to issue you a phone that's compatible with their system.
    11-09-13 09:28 PM
    So it's not the ActiveSync issues the OP's employer is concerned about, it's the device management they're concerned about.

They can't be bothered to go with BES10 for their MDM and have probably been suckered into a competing MDM system by a suave salesperson who told them BlackBerry might go out of business.

Here's what I say - Keep your BB10 device (if you're paying for the plan) and ask your employer to issue you a phone that's compatible with their system.
    Exactly. And exactly my situation as well (I'm not the OP ). Except I can't say our IT people were suckered by a glib salesman; rather, it was the implementation of BYOD and a voluntary mass defection from BlackBerry devices that engendered an unwillingness to maintain expensive BES licensing for a few BlackBerry users. I told my IT folks they should never allow phones like my Droid Maxx on their network and when they discover all these phones have been transmitting sensitive data to foreign countries, I'll still be waiting in line to connect a new BlackBerry to company resources.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    ssbtech and Paisley Pirate like this.
    11-09-13 10:14 PM
    Very interested here ... what company are we talking about? Perhaps we could get to the bottom of this.
    11-09-13 10:22 PM
133 12345 ...