Only to finally come on a BlackBerry site and ask what other device to get?

...ok

CB10'n it via da Z
    Maybe he thought others that have used BlackBerry phones over the years could help him choose a phone that would be a less painful transition for a long time BlackBerry user.

This "looking for trolls" mindset really makes this site less than hospitable. People need to try to see things from the perspective of the person asking the question, rather than running everything through their filters.

This behavior us really getting old.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:48 PM
    His company said get a new phone from this list; yours didn't.

Very different.

Posted via CB10
    Uuuuum..... I wasn't referring to the OP's situation. If you look at my posts and the posters I quoted you will see I was referring back another poster not the op

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 04:55 PM
    Same situation here! My company is phasing out blackberry and is now switching to iPhone. They also allow byod but only if it supports mobile iron. They won't even consider BES10! I have a z10 as my personal phone but cannot use it in the company network. It sucks!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:57 PM
    Maybe he thought others that have used BlackBerry phones over the years could help him choose a phone that would be a less painful transition for a long time BlackBerry user.

This "looking for trolls" mindset really makes this site less than hospitable. People need to try to see things from the perspective of the person asking the question, rather than running everything through their filters.

This behavior us really getting old.

Posted via CB10
    If you look back on my posts I didn't call anyone a troll. I did offer legit feedback. Someone else called him a troll. To be honest an agreement can be made to that point.

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 04:58 PM
    I have actually followed this site for years. I visit it daily. I have loaded numerous leaked OS for my Z10 and I am actually quite happy with the phone. I was looking forward to possible trying the Z30. Yes my Z10 is synced to the company exchange server with active sync, but regardless they are forcing me to change phones. Given that, all I'm looking is a good replacement phone.
    11-09-13 05:03 PM
    If you look back on my posts I didn't call anyone a troll. I did offer legit feedback. Someone else called him a troll. To be honest an agreement can be made to that point.

CB10'n it via da Z
    I didn't say anyone called the OP a troll.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:05 PM
    Also, the phone is not BYOD it is provided by the company.
    11-09-13 05:08 PM
    I have actually followed this site for years. I visit it daily. I have loaded numerous leaked OS for my Z10 and I am actually quite happy with the phone. I was looking forward to possible trying the Z30. Yes my Z10 is synced to the company exchange server with active sync, but regardless they are forcing me to change phones. Given that, all I'm looking is a good replacement phone.
    Well op, I don't understand why they would tell you that

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 05:08 PM
    Uuuuum..... I wasn't referring to the OP's situation. If you look at my posts and the posters I quoted you will see I was referring back another poster not the op

CB10'n it via da Z
    I apologize for my mistake.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:09 PM
    I don't have an answer. The IT department is making this change and I really don't have a say in the matter. Anyone in the company with a Blackberry is being switched to another phone.
    11-09-13 05:12 PM
    There isn't really one phone that outshines all the others in every aspect, so it would be good to know a bit more about your priorities and usage goals before making a recommendation. Is your priority with integrating with your work software, or more with flexibility in personal use? If it's the former, what software suites need to be integrated into? If it's the latter, what apps do you use and what do you intend to use the phone for (i.e., photography, movies, InstaGram, ebooks, CAD modelling, etc.)?

Do you deal in confidential information? If you do, Android may not be the best choice.
    11-09-13 05:15 PM
    I don't have an answer. The IT department is making this change and I really don't have a say in the matter. Anyone in the company with a Blackberry is being switched to another phone.
    If they are giving you a phone, what are the choices?

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 05:18 PM

Very different.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I think you're missing the point. It's doesn't matter if I got to choose a device from a list or was told to BYOD as the other poster. The point is that you might not be asking your IT department the right questions, in order to determine if you can continue to use your Z10 over an administrative service like active sync. Or, is your company looking to provide administration at the device level and moving to services that only accommodate iOS and Android?

At the end of the day, we the CB faithful don't care if you come or go but don't come onto a forum ask a question and than show no willingness to accept some of the good informative information that has been provided.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    zensen likes this.
    11-09-13 05:23 PM
    My phone choices are anything offered by Verizon. In regards to usage I reference pdf, word, and excel files quite a bit. No company software is used.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:29 PM
    Ok I think you're missing the point. It's doesn't matter if I got to choose a device from a list or was told to BYOD as the other poster. The point is that you might not be asking your IT department the right questions, in order to determine if you can continue to use your Z10 over an administrative service like active sync. Or, is your company looking to provide administration at the device level and moving to services that only accommodate iOS and Android?

At the end of the day, we the CB faithful don't care if you come or go but don't come onto a forum ask a question and than show no willingness to accept some of the good informative information that has been provided.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    Actually, you are missing something. The user asked a specific question and has been nothing if not cordial and willing to explain his situation.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-09-13 05:34 PM
    Tell them that work and security should go hand in hand. No better security than BlackBerry. Iphone5s was hacked in 48 hours and Android is a super highway for poor security. I know those aren't the answers you wanted, but BlackBerry is the best option for business.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Merkel Z10 was hacked in few minutes by the NSA..enjoy
    11-09-13 05:34 PM
    My phone choices are anything offered by Verizon. In regards to usage I reference pdf, word, and excel files quite a bit. No company software is used.

Posted via CB10
    I originally said I'd go with the iPhone, but based on your apps, I'd also look at the Windows 8 phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:41 PM
    Your kidding right? lol Link?
    11-09-13 05:43 PM
    Was not her Z10 that got hacked. Please do your homework

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 05:44 PM
    Was not her Z10 that got hacked. Please do your homework

CB10'n it via da Z
    Wasn't even a BlackBerry....
    ibpluto likes this.
    11-09-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess of you can't hold out until the z30 comes and you sneak that by them. I would pick the HTC ONE. College of mine has that one and outside of the confusing OS I like the device

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-09-13 05:46 PM
    I have a Torch, once it dies, I'm in the same boat. Corporation going to Apple. Company is too big for my advice. I'm guessing this is common. The trend continues.......good luck Chen.
    11-09-13 05:52 PM

Very different.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah well on my list I saw was BlackBerry.
    11-09-13 06:01 PM
    I originally said I'd go with the iPhone, but based on your apps, I'd also look at the Windows 8 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Same. Verizon carries the Nokia Lumia 928 which has a nice 4.5" screen, great for editing documents. It also supports wireless charging and has a decent camera if you need to snap a photo of a document. The downside is that I don't believe it can mirror its screen for a presentation, if that applies to you. There is no HDMI out like on the Z10.
    Paisley Pirate and niss63 like this.
    11-09-13 06:02 PM
    I don't get it. Please tell us the software that your company needs you to use that is only available for os and android.

I agree with some of the other posts and that this sounds fishy

If you are buying it, you should be able to buy whatever you want, if they are paying, then they are morons for not choosing one device and negotiating a volume discount for all their employees

That is why I think it's fishy

The above poster said his company is moving to iphone, but that also implies the employees get the phone for free.

So, to the original poster, please go over this one more time in greater detail so we get an idea, or otherwise goto an android or apple forum and ask them

Why would you go to A BlackBerry site and ask their advice of other phones?

Like I said fissssshhy

Posted via CB10
    collinc93 likes this.
    11-09-13 06:03 PM
133 1234 ...