Like what I said earlier..

You cannot compare your experience with your 16GB iPhone to a BB10 phone w/ it's 16GB of internal storage, which I think many are doing after reading this post. Everyone I know with an iPhone has TONS of video, pictures, & music on their iPhone. It's not surprising that the 16GB fills up quickly.. Allowing for less room for actual applications. BB10 is DIFFERENT though.. RIM is being awesome as usual and giving us an SD slot, allowing for maybe even a 64GB SD card (definitely allowing for a 32GB, chances are it will work w/ a 64GB now though, the OS & technology has advanced enough).

So here's the big part.. We can potentially have 80GB of storage on our BB10 phones... How awesome is that? Worse case from this is that 16GB will have to be used for Apps, and the 64GB's will be used for pictures, videos, & music. Is this a bad thing..? How could it be... We are getting options that we can mess around with at a later time over having to decide right off the bat if we want a 16/32/64GB version with no expansion options.. I like the route that RIM is taking & has always took MUCH better than what else is on the market. You can't beat having options and potentially 80GB of storage.

I think you don't realize just how much space 16GB is for JUST apps.. Most apps wont use more than 5-10MB, you're comparing one harddrive on the PlayBook used for apps, media, etc. to a phone which can potentially have 64GB for just media, and 16GB solely used for apps.. That's completely enough storage room...

PS. and that's for just $50 you can get a total of 80GB (Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics)
    Opposed to just having the option like on iPhone where it's about $100 for each tier for an additional 16GB/32GB
    If it indeed has an SDXC slot then it can handle up to 2TB of storage. I am aware the largest available capacity is now 64gb but one can hope.
    12-23-12 05:03 AM
    Like what I said earlier..

You cannot compare your experience with your 16GB iPhone to a BB10 phone w/ it's 16GB of internal storage, which I think many are doing after reading this post. Everyone I know with an iPhone has TONS of video, pictures, & music on their iPhone. It's not surprising that the 16GB fills up quickly.. Allowing for less room for actual applications. BB10 is DIFFERENT though.. RIM is being awesome as usual and giving us an SD slot, allowing for maybe even a 64GB SD card (definitely allowing for a 32GB, chances are it will work w/ a 64GB now though, the OS & technology has advanced enough).

So here's the big part.. We can potentially have 80GB of storage on our BB10 phones... How awesome is that? Worse case from this is that 16GB will have to be used for Apps, and the 64GB's will be used for pictures, videos, & music. Is this a bad thing..? How could it be... We are getting options that we can mess around with at a later time over having to decide right off the bat if we want a 16/32/64GB version with no expansion options.. I like the route that RIM is taking & has always took MUCH better than what else is on the market. You can't beat having options and potentially 80GB of storage.

I think you don't realize just how much space 16GB is for JUST apps.. Most apps wont use more than 5-10MB, you're comparing one harddrive on the PlayBook used for apps, media, etc. to a phone which can potentially have 64GB for just media, and 16GB solely used for apps.. That's completely enough storage room...

PS. and that's for just $50 you can get a total of 80GB (Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics)
    Opposed to just having the option like on iPhone where it's about $100 for each tier for an additional 16GB/32GB
    I see what you're saying but everyones usage of memory is different. I personally save all my videos and pics onto my desktop so I don't have to take up room on my pb and I still use over 25 gigs. I am a BIG gamer and buy games that take up close to a gig every time, and with all the new stuff coming with 10 I can only assume I'm going to be downloading a lot more, as well as keeping all my old stuff...
    12-23-12 10:05 AM
    lol so how is what i'm sayign wrong if what he said isn't
    I never said you were wrong but why reply to someone like the way you did if he wasn't speaking to you?
    12-23-12 10:07 AM
    I never said you were wrong but why reply to someone like the way you did if he wasn't speaking to you?
    goes both ways, the person wasn't speaking to him either jus a general comment that didn't require a response like that, only returning the favor
    12-23-12 11:03 AM
    I see what you're saying but everyones usage of memory is different. I personally save all my videos and pics onto my desktop so I don't have to take up room on my pb and I still use over 25 gigs. I am a BIG gamer and buy games that take up close to a gig every time, and with all the new stuff coming with 10 I can only assume I'm going to be downloading a lot more, as well as keeping all my old stuff...
    i'm i nthe same boat but maybe with cascades game files will have a smaller format then with Adobe AIR
    12-23-12 11:05 AM
    no we don't but why would it, what if one decides to remove the card and place a new one in, what would happen then? does Android allow for app storage on removable SD cards? i have no i deal this would all be an assumption i'm making
    Yes it does, I have a dual SIM SAMSUNG phone running gingerbread and Android allows for some apps to be stored on the SD card, it will even allow you to choose where to store on a few apps and some are only allowed to be stored on the phone storage.
    12-23-12 11:27 AM
    So will the people that are complaining about specs for an unreleased device please wait till the 30th of January to continue their nonsense? RIM probably has more surprises for us.
    Good point. Done.
    12-23-12 11:41 AM
    Don't forget the integration of BOX and Dropbox into the OS giving even more space..
    12-23-12 12:17 PM
    I'm really enjoying the whole build up to the launch. Every time we think "this is it" we get something better, I wonder what they're going to have at launch. Go RIM Go!
    12-23-12 12:39 PM
    Now, dont you think it could be the Aristo specs??
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-23-12 01:29 PM
    This is nice (even if it's not needed)
    12-23-12 01:47 PM
    That's an idea
    12-23-12 02:10 PM
    I think this would be very welcome and shock everyone! Even the non believers
    12-23-12 02:31 PM
    The only thing that's updated is the RAM.. If those are the Aristo specs set for release in June/July/August, then it wouldn't even be a competitive device. These can't be Aristo specs UNLESS they plan on naming the launch device in February "Aristo" instead. Not to mention, the 2GB RAM spec is actually taken from the device, so that means that not only would the Aristo just so happen to have the EXACT same screen resolution, but that there are people out there already with an Aristo and leaking pictures of it.. Which is wayyyy less likely to be happening over it just being the Z10 specs.
    12-23-12 03:16 PM
    Yes, I like it
    12-23-12 08:10 PM
    The only thing that's updated is the RAM.. If those are the Aristo specs set for release in June/July/August, then it wouldn't even be a competitive device. These can't be Aristo specs UNLESS they plan on naming the launch device in February "Aristo" instead. Not to mention, the 2GB RAM spec is actually taken from the device, so that means that not only would the Aristo just so happen to have the EXACT same screen resolution, but that there are people out there already with an Aristo and leaking pictures of it.. Which is wayyyy less likely to be happening over it just being the Z10 specs.
    You will this 2GB Memory only when you run 2 HD Games at the same time plus running HD Movie, listening the music, and also edit pictures in your BB10.

If those are possibly seldom you do, then 2 GB of RAM is over spec.

BB10 doesn't run widget. And that's very helpful for keeping memory drain.
    12-23-12 09:19 PM
    Anyone else note the image of the device accompanying the article is a fan-produced rendering rather than a genuine photograph? It sure is a thing of beauty, though.
    12-24-12 01:50 AM
    +1. that is a concern for me as well, knowing that my PB doesn't play nice when i have a lot of apps running.
    Yeah but that's the thing, they are running, fully running. You can have them paused if you wish.
    12-24-12 03:46 AM
    @BlackberryScoop at twitter confirmed that new BB10 phone will be having the 2GB RAM..:thumbup:
    12-24-12 07:51 AM
    You will this 2GB Memory only when you run 2 HD Games at the same time plus running HD Movie, listening the music, and also edit pictures in your BB10.

If those are possibly seldom you do, then 2 GB of RAM is over spec.

BB10 doesn't run widget. And that's very helpful for keeping memory drain.
    2GB for a handheld device is actually already a bit overspec even. I mean, for all that bears do in the woods, my PC in which I run Skyrim or Photoshop CS6 or Call of Duty Black Ops, 2GB is quite enough, and they're not small apps worth 50MB or less. Considering that my monitor's resolution is 1280x1024, BlackBerry 10 is actually almost as good as my PC :facepalm:

Although, well, I have 512MB VRAM to store the intensive textures, but that's not the point. I actually wonder why people demand so high amount of memory for handheld device. It's not like we're running Photoshop there (not Photoshop Touch, actual Photoshop CS line). I'd rather we have 1GB of standard memory and 256MB of dedicated, higher-grade VRAM. Now that's something game developers can deal with.
    12-24-12 08:12 AM
    Thx RIM,...for adding the extra RAM! Much appreciated,....now lets, juice up that battery,...and larger screen!
    12-24-12 01:07 PM
    2GB for a handheld device is actually already a bit overspec even. I mean, for all that bears do in the woods, my PC in which I run Skyrim or Photoshop CS6 or Call of Duty Black Ops, 2GB is quite enough, and they're not small apps worth 50MB or less. Considering that my monitor's resolution is 1280x1024, BlackBerry 10 is actually almost as good as my PC :facepalm:

Although, well, I have 512MB VRAM to store the intensive textures, but that's not the point. I actually wonder why people demand so high amount of memory for handheld device. It's not like we're running Photoshop there (not Photoshop Touch, actual Photoshop CS line). I'd rather we have 1GB of standard memory and 256MB of dedicated, higher-grade VRAM. Now that's something game developers can deal with.
    I think it's because many people have a PlayBook which has a lower resolution than the soon to be BB10 devices, and at 1GB of RAM, we are encountering issues with memory allocation, especially with the Android Player being very memory intensive. 1GB of RAM is clearly not enough, and what would they go to next..? 1.5GB of RAM!!!!! WOOHOO.. yeah, doesn't make much sense to do that, 2GB is good, RAM isn't overly expensive in today's market, and 2GB of RAM is now competitive with the big phones like the NEXUS 4 and others now when viewed on a spec sheet. It's a minor upgrade that isn't overly costly, yet makes the phone look MUCH more competitive. That is why they decided that. Not to mention, the device will be supported for much longer having doubled the Memory in it, so why complain that they did that? Think back about the old BB's, Memory wise, they were very frugal, jumped from 512 to 768 after a year+ between phones.. It's about time to actually give us what we need because I encounter memory issues even on the newer BB7 phones.
    mundo472 likes this.
    12-24-12 03:25 PM
    I think it's because many people have a PlayBook which has a lower resolution than the soon to be BB10 devices, and at 1GB of RAM, we are encountering issues with memory allocation, especially with the Android Player being very memory intensive. 1GB of RAM is clearly not enough, and what would they go to next..? 1.5GB of RAM!!!!! WOOHOO.. yeah, doesn't make much sense to do that, 2GB is good, RAM isn't overly expensive in today's market, and 2GB of RAM is now competitive with the big phones like the NEXUS 4 and others now when viewed on a spec sheet. It's a minor upgrade that isn't overly costly, yet makes the phone look MUCH more competitive. That is why they decided that. Not to mention, the device will be supported for much longer having doubled the Memory in it, so why complain that they did that? Think back about the old BB's, Memory wise, they were very frugal, jumped from 512 to 768 after a year+ between phones.. It's about time to actually give us what we need because I encounter memory issues even on the newer BB7 phones.
    I hear that, and totally agree. Just to have a phone that doesn't leak memory can't come soon enough. Although it's drastically improved for me, but I don't use many apps, so my reboots are only performed about once a week, which I can certainly tolerate, compared to back in the day with earlier BB's I was doing battery pulls 2-3 times a day
    12-24-12 09:29 PM
    I hear that, and totally agree. Just to have a phone that doesn't leak memory can't come soon enough. Although it's drastically improved for me, but I don't use many apps, so my reboots are only performed about once a week, which I can certainly tolerate, compared to back in the day with earlier BB's I was doing battery pulls 2-3 times a day
    Are u sure that you need to reboot your coming blackberry 10 once a week?

What about once in a month or in a year?

Where one if your using app crashed, the system only restart the crash app not the entire system.

When you close all apps that runs at active frame, BB10 refresh or restore the system memory to idle condition. So when you need RAM to run the app you need, it will be ready. And that's why I ever said that 1GB of RAM is more than enough to run smooth the entire BB10 OS
    12-24-12 09:48 PM
    Are u sure that you need to reboot your coming blackberry 10 once a week?

What about once in a month or in a year?

Where one if your using app crashed, the system only restart the crash app not the entire system.

When you close all apps that runs at active frame, BB10 refresh or restore the system memory to idle condition. So when you need RAM to run the app you need, it will be ready. And that's why I ever said that 1GB of RAM is more than enough to run smooth the entire BB10 OS
    I think he is talking about the 99x0, not BB10
    aragone79 likes this.
    12-25-12 01:53 AM
79 1234