How do you paste the numbers on the dial pad?
    See posts #2 & 4
    05-08-13 08:38 AM
    Well seams there is a constant when old OS BB users come here to address issue with new OS10 (Z10, or Q10); most of them where expecting to get all the same feature they were used to.
    Well we all know it is a totally revamps OS and there might be few bugs here & here, but generally former old BB users were expecting to retreive all the bells & whistles from past OS, plus plus new features and speeds. ...which is unfortunatly not always the case.
    I personally love my Z10 but had to find work around few things I was used to do before with my old BB.
    I my opinion, BlackBerry developper should had listed all features, bells & whistles,... from the past OS and making sure they've adressed them in the new OS10. Of course, for many reasons some of these may no longer been possible, or simply adressed diferently. I think Blackberry should have made that comparative feature list somehow available to previous BB users so they could be awared of, are simply knowing were to find it in the new OS.

After, 1 months of usage I was still founding some of these features in the OS10. So its kind of normal to see former Old BB OS users coming here after few days with frustrations about the new OS simply because they cant find what they were used to... keep in mind that many of them were simply expecting to easily retrieve what they were used to ...with improved performance and capacities.
    05-08-13 08:39 AM
    For one I would like the OP to modify his approach at asking for help. The "I can't do this or that with my BB/ hope they fix it soon/ I'll return mine today/soon/tomorrow; I got a lemmon/POS/brick/etc." speech is just asking for more trolling and rage. Is it too difficult to just say: "I don't seem to find a solution for this/that, can anyone help me/advice/recommend/etc.?". You don't even need to search in the forums for the right thread that will help you (which BTW is the right thing to do before flaming about what you can't do with the phone you bought). You just need to ask nicely.
    I'm guessing you, the OP, expect people to be nice and helpful with your issues, but it can be really difficult indeed when instead of asking for help, you start raging about BB10, calling it a lemon or giving us a preview of your problems with the PB.
    If everyone could keep things civilized a lot of rage could be avoided in the forums.
    05-08-13 08:43 AM
    Well seams there is a constant when old OS BB users come here to address issue with new OS10 (Z10, or Q10); most of them where expecting to get all the same feature they were used to.
    Well we all know it is a totally revamps OS and there might be few bugs here & here, but generally former old BB users were expecting to retreive all the bells & whistles from past OS, plus plus new features and speeds. ...which is unfortunatly not always the case.
    I personally love my Z10 but had to find work around few things I was used to do before with my old BB.
    I my opinion, BlackBerry developper should had listed all features, bells & whistles,... from the past OS and making sure they've adressed them in the new OS10. Of course, for many reasons some of these may no longer been possible, or simply adressed diferently. I think Blackberry should have made that comparative feature list somehow available to previous BB users so they could be awared of, are simply knowing were to find it in the new OS.

After, 1 months of usage I was still founding some of these features in the OS10. So its kind of normal to see former Old BB OS users coming here after few days with frustrations about the new OS simply because they cant find what they were used to... keep in mind that many of them were simply expecting to easily retrieve what they were used to ...with improved performance and capacities.
    Yea I did expect to have some of the old features that worked. I understand the fact that it's a new system, but being a business owner my "Homework " time is limited. With new OS hopefully it's a little more streamlined.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:44 AM
    Is there a way to see what apps are running in the background? My battery life has dropped dramatically in the last week.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:06 AM
    Yea I did expect to have some of the old features that worked. I understand the fact that it's a new system, but being a business owner my "Homework " time is limited. With new OS hopefully it's a little more streamlined.

Posted via CB10

I'm also a business owner and I clearly understand your message, that's why I replied that I think Blackberry should have made available the comparative list of features (how to get them in new OS, that they have been replaced, they are still working on it, or simply discontinued). For instance, direct synching phone with outlook is no longer available and unknown from most of us (even carriers) ...that was a pain to figure out in very short terms a way to get the phone synch to get back to work.
    So peoples like you and me should be aware of and don't had to spent times figuring its no longer there, or should be addressed differently... Or wait for OS release before switching to it.
    05-08-13 09:44 AM
    Is there a way to see what apps are running in the background? My battery life has dropped dramatically in the last week.

Posted via CB10
    Native apps can't run in the background except for the obvious ones like WhatsApp, BBM, etc. So let's rule them out.
    However, all android ports can run in the background as long as there is enough ram.
    Ironically, you can sideload task managers for those.
    05-08-13 09:45 AM
    I'm also a business owner and I clearly understand your message, that's why I replied that I think Blackberry should have made available the comparative list of features (how to get them in new OS, that they have been replaced, they are still working on it, or simply discontinued). For instance, direct synching phone with outlook is no longer available and unknown from most of us (even carriers) ...that was a pain to figure out in very short terms a way to get the phone synch to get back to work.
    So peoples like you and me should be aware of and don't had to spent times figuring its no longer there, or should be addressed differently... Or wait for OS release before switching to it.
    I was in a position that I needed to get a new phone. My Torch was on a respirator. So its unfortunate that we need to jump through some hoops just to get functional. I'm sure the Z10 will become a great tool, it's just getting there a little slowly.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:45 AM
    Please, please, PLEASE ask for help before going on a rant.
    brout likes this.
    05-08-13 10:47 AM
    What doesn't work with bridging to the Playbook? I bridge my z10 to my Playbook all the time.

Is there some functionality not working, that I'm not using?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:52 AM
    You can bridge to the PB I have been doing it, when you select the bridge icon on the PB it appears nothing is there just forget it and browse through your folders and all your files are there, you can also use the Z10 as a remote pointer same as before.
    05-08-13 11:03 AM
    You can bridge to the PB I have been doing it, when you select the bridge icon on the PB it appears nothing is there just forget it and browse through your folders and all your files are there, you can also use the Z10 as a remote pointer same as before.
    The thing people are missing is the email, text, and BBM that was present on the old bridge. I personally don't miss it as it's faster to use my phone but some wish it was still there.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:26 AM
    The thing people are missing is the email, text, and BBM that was present on the old bridge. I personally don't miss it as it's faster to use my phone but some wish it was still there.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. I could care less about the email part using email the syncs, have the same thing on both anyway but I can see where someone would like to shut off their email when someone else is using it by sitting bridge off.
    05-08-13 11:37 AM
    For one I would like the OP to modify his approach at asking for help. The "I can't do this or that with my BB/ hope they fix it soon/ I'll return mine today/soon/tomorrow; I got a lemmon/POS/brick/etc." speech is just asking for more trolling and rage. Is it too difficult to just say: "I don't seem to find a solution for this/that, can anyone help me/advice/recommend/etc.?". You don't even need to search in the forums for the right thread that will help you (which BTW is the right thing to do before flaming about what you can't do with the phone you bought). You just need to ask nicely.
    I'm guessing you, the OP, expect people to be nice and helpful with your issues, but it can be really difficult indeed when instead of asking for help, you start raging about BB10, calling it a lemon or giving us a preview of your problems with the PB.
    If everyone could keep things civilized a lot of rage could be avoided in the forums.
    You sure have quite a rant going about how I shouldn't rant.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:30 PM
    I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1483 and copy and paste works. If it bugs you THAT much upgrade brother. I agree it's been slow with updates but at the same time we all knew the Q10 was gonna steal all the attention when it was released. I agree with playbook but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. Honestly my playbook is only used for paying bills online. I used to use it with mobile hotpot on my bold 9930 but with this Z10 being a data hog I don't even wanna take the chance

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:37 PM
    I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1483 and copy and paste works. If it bugs you THAT much upgrade brother. I agree it's been slow with updates but at the same time we all knew the Q10 was gonna steal all the attention when it was released. I agree with playbook but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. Honestly my playbook is only used for paying bills online. I used to use it with mobile hotpot on my bold 9930 but with this Z10 being a data hog I don't even wanna take the chance

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't mind upgrading but I'm worried as soon as it says "Don't cry to us...." lol

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:40 PM
    Some legit issues for sure. Hopefully you can find some work arounds. However if you think updates have been slow for Blackberry - try IOS! It took forever to get anything new and then the older devices wouldn't even get all the new features - not even the new tones!
    05-09-13 06:17 AM
    Please help by advising the workaround to sync outlook data with phone. Apologies in advance, I did look but couldn't find.
    05-09-13 06:46 AM
    Please help by advising the workaround to sync outlook data with phone. Apologies in advance, I did look but couldn't find.
    Well the first days BB10 had been released, BlackBerry Lync didn't even have the option to upload your Outlook datas... !!?! The recent BB Lync release make it possible to upload Outlook contents, ... but still one way only. BlackBerry said they will bring back local Outlook sync (similar to previous desktop manager), but so far not yet the case.

My work around was to move my local Outlook datas to the Exchange mail service provider, which allow me to constantly have my 3 different device (phone, tablet and laptop) synced (using active sync).
    Now this is a paid service, and that is still not as secured as a BES service.

Many users reports they have switched to Web outlook, which appear to be one of the preferred option. Google Mail was also an option, but many did report issues apparently originating directly from Google (not only for BlackBerry users).
    Well as far as I know, today's workaround are mostly set around web/cloud services, whereas security & mails confidentiality may concern you.
    There was few third party Apps that apparently allow synching with your local Outlook, but most of them I originally found were creating separate contact, calendar list..., not necessarily with the native BlackBerry features

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:04 PM
44 12