I used to be BB user (9780)�now I've iPhone5 and i know its not perfect�.. but i'd say "Almost Perfect" phone. So most anticipated BBZ10 is here. I see no solid reason to ditch my current iPhone5 over BB Z10.
    Whatever Z10 has now�.iphone & android have it for long time. Z10 multitasking sounds good but in fact it needs 2 swipes to get there while I just need double press my "home button" on my iPhone or long press of "menu" on android.
    All those 70000 apps BB boast about�.. is BS. I think 95% is just crap or android port. I always thought iPhone has the worst battery but I was totally wrong until i used android & wp8. Any iPhone version will get you through a day easily�.I'm saying this from my experience. I'm already hearing -ve about Z10 battery life....
    02-02-13 09:03 AM
    You're on crackberry asking this question? Of course we're going to tell you to ditch the iphone for the z10.

Here's proof, ditch the iphone for the Z10.
    02-02-13 09:06 AM
    Well you're here and it has certainly interested you. The only "wise" advice I can give you is to make your own decision. Use the forums for information/reviews and go from there. Good luck.
    02-02-13 09:07 AM
    I sold my iPhone 5 64GB for the Z10!. The iPhone has the same look over and over. Sam old IOS look since 2007. They have taken features from Android and RIM. I do like the iPhone but will always use BlackBerry as my phone. You do not get Flash with iPhone. You are locked to whatever Apple wants. You need to jailbreak the phone for that. Yes apps are many on IOS but most of them are either fart, clock and other same apps just from another developer. IPhone does not use NFC nor does it have VISA approval.

This is why I left Apple.
    R Field, meganVee, taz323 and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    I'd say honestly, when you have a chance and the Z10 is in your market, try out the Z10 for yourself. I personally have had a chance to play with the Dev Alpha and final release last week, and wow, I'm impressed, but I'm a die hard BB fan, so take that with a grain of salt, but it does come down to personal preference
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    Why would you consider changing a phone you just got that works perfectly fine?

I'm no iphone fan, but it seems like a waste of money to me.......
    mikeo007, dataphry and flyingsolid like this.
    02-02-13 09:11 AM
    Why would you consider changing a phone you just got that works perfectly fine?

I'm no iphone fan, but it seems like a waste of money to me.......
    Its not a waste of money if you sell the iPhone 5 before or after buying the Z10. Also its to each of their own. Everyone that has money can do whatever they want with it as long as they do not regret it later on.
    Last edited by Dimitri.69; 02-02-13 at 09:34 AM.
    marrobinson likes this.
    02-02-13 09:18 AM
    Multi tasking, video BBM with sceeen sharing. Best and fastest browser. New and fresh experience. May as well get on board with the rest of us as it will become the next trend
    02-02-13 09:19 AM
    It would be a wise idea if you end up loving the Z10....otherwise not.
    02-02-13 09:23 AM
    Obviously the Z10 has sparked some interest in you. That question can only be answered by you. I suggest you do some RESEARCH and determine which phone(s) BEST suits your mobile needs and wants. I know for me RESEARCH is a process not to be taken lightly or RUSHED if I want the right device for ME
    02-02-13 09:23 AM
    I'm feeling generous this morning, so I'm going to do a comprehensive market analysis free of charge. Here are my findings:

IMore: No! RIM is dead and, like, we have apps. Like, lots of em.
    Android Central: Neither. Let me tell you about specs....
    Crackberry: Yes! The RIMpire strikes back baby!

If you feel my time and efforts deserve compensation, go ahead and ship a shiny Z10 to me in the USA. (Putting me on your Christmas card list isn't good enough.)
    02-02-13 09:27 AM
    I was a die-hard iOS fan up until about a week after the iPhone 5 release. I was really excited and had it pre-ordered. The iPhone 5 is a disappointment.

Yes, the hardware is fantastic. I don't think the Z10 is going to match the iPhone 5 on hardware quality (in fact I know it doesn't, as I know a few people who have used a Z10 at their work - they say it feels better than an S3, but worse than an iPhone 5). To be expected though, this device is about BB10 more than the device itself.

In that regard, I think BB10 blows it out of the water. I was using a Dev Alpha again last night next to my iPhone 5. The iPhone is just so... "blah". The double tap for multitasking is dumb. If you want to totally quit the app you're in on BB10, swipe up & press X. Two motions. On iPhone? Press home, now double press home, now long hold on the icon, now press the little close button, now press home, and press home again. That's... insane. You had to press the home button 5 times and give screen input twice! Not being able to quick switch off Wi-Fi, etc like you can on Android/BB10 is stupid. There's just so much. Apple is running the mobile version of Windows. They have all the marketshare, and don't want to make any REAL changes or think outside the box anymore.

If you're like me and enjoy giving most phones a try, I'd say ditch the iPhone 5 for the Z10. If you are just wanting to keep looking cool and fresh, I'd say you still have a few good years on iPhone before you're looking like a BB user in 2010/11. No worries there. As someone who used to be die-hard iOS, I can honestly say - Apple has lost their edge, and BB has finally gotten their act together. It's really unfathomable looking back to 2010/11 (from my perspective anyway). But my rule is this with phones - you make something good, and I'm gonna buy it. I vote with my money. Z10 comes on Tuesday and I can't wait to put this iPhone5 aside next to my Lumia 800 before I sell the thing.
    02-02-13 09:29 AM
    I used to be BB user (9780)…now I've iPhone5 and i know its not perfect….. but i'd say "Almost Perfect" phone. So most anticipated BBZ10 is here. I see no solid reason to ditch my current iPhone5 over BB Z10.
    Whatever Z10 has now….iphone & android have it for long time. Z10 multitasking sounds good but in fact it needs 2 swipes to get there while I just need double press my "home button" on my iPhone or long press of "menu" on android.
    All those 70000 apps BB boast about….. is BS. I think 95% is just crap or android port. I always thought iPhone has the worst battery but I was totally wrong until i used android & wp8. Any iPhone version will get you through a day easily….I'm saying this from my experience. I'm already hearing -ve about Z10 battery life....
    BB10 is also almost perfect which is shocking for a first generation OS. Apple has had YEARS to bring it to where it is now. CB Kevin was talking about how he's gone through the paces of first gen phones and they sucked! iPhone had no copy paste, Android was a complete mess having an "identity crisis"... Z10 is solid and is only going to get better!
    With that said, what the Z10 has now iPhone and Andriod actually, really haven't had for very long! Some features, yes - but not all. There are still flaws that they may not ever get over unless they also rebuild their OS from scratch. Stuff that updates alone cannot fix.
    Apps, I would guess closer to 80% BS. The quality apps are either already there, or are coming though. Soon there won't be an app on iPhone Z10 doesn't have. Maybe (nay, likely) not all the games you like but most of them should be there too. Depends what you use the phone for I guess, and what apps you need/games you want.
    Z10 will be a phone you will want to play with. Sadly that means you probably won't get through a whole day. With average use 90% of consumers will get through a full day with lots to spare. I don't expect to have any issues myself. Shop CB has a spare battery if you are worried. Its a good investment especially if you are traveling and won't be near a charge for a couple days. iPhone is kinda screwed in that sense. I say if the battery is removable, why wouldn't you pick up a spare?? (If you are a power user)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-02-13 09:30 AM
    I want a Z10 so bad.
    02-02-13 09:32 AM
    Very wise, Next question please.
    02-02-13 09:33 AM
    I've always like BlackBerry. I have had an S3 since launch and love it. I did pre order a Z10 on Rogers yesterday. I am very interested in it. I'll give it a whirl next week. Got my $286 upgrade fee waived and can get the Z10 for $139. Worth It is guess to give it a shot.
    02-02-13 09:37 AM
    BB10, WP8
    IOS
    Android

There ya go. A list of Os's, From best to worst.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:00 AM
    I used to be BB user (9780)…now I've iPhone5 and i know its not perfect….. but i'd say "Almost Perfect" phone. So most anticipated BBZ10 is here. I see no solid reason to ditch my current iPhone5 over BB Z10.
    Whatever Z10 has now….iphone & android have it for long time. Z10 multitasking sounds good but in fact it needs 2 swipes to get there while I just need double press my "home button" on my iPhone or long press of "menu" on android.
    All those 70000 apps BB boast about….. is BS. I think 95% is just crap or android port. I always thought iPhone has the worst battery but I was totally wrong until i used android & wp8. Any iPhone version will get you through a day easily….I'm saying this from my experience. I'm already hearing -ve about Z10 battery life....
    If you like it more then your iphone then yes you should. I'm not going to twist your arm and tell you to buy it. Try it out, if you like it then make the switch.

As far as battery goes, the Z10 lasted longer then the iphone 5 in PC mags tests.

If there is some key apps on the iphone that you can not live without then I would wait till they come to BB10.

James
    02-02-13 10:06 AM
    As someone sitting on the fence right now and my phone contract up in 2 months, I have pretty much the same question. Currently I have a s3, which I geniunely like, but overtime its just not for me.

So given that is the best current Android out of the running, I will choose between the z10 and iP5, right now I feel like Im going to end up choosing the Iphone, mainly because I know what Im going to get, beautiful device, top class performance and the build in eco system.

In many ways its a shame, because I was hoping to like the z10 more than I do, its the perfect size for me and I like the idea of moving between screens with swipes etc. But with key apps and depth to the os, it feels unfinished.
    02-02-13 10:10 AM
    I would suggest you try the z10 first. Based on your post it seems that you are quite content with the iphone and its functions. And you do have valid points regarding the home button, bb10 is just a different way of getting there. Despite what most are saying now, we cannot tell you if one OS is better than the other. YOU will have to decide that.
    02-02-13 10:11 AM
    Thank you all for your comments. I didn't ask this question to bash BB. I love BB just like everyone else here. QNX based BB10 is the beginning of a new era for BB. As a BB fan, I'm glad to see the return of BB. Z10 is really nice & tempting device. But don't take me wrong, I really don't see "Typical Blackberry Feel" with this new os. Trackpad, convenience key etc are all gone.

Moreover, my iphone5 is just 1 month old and got $500 worth of apps on it. To be honest, I am "almost" happy with iphone5. And I really don't see compelling reason to sell my iPhone & buy Z10.
    02-02-13 11:39 AM
    You're on crackberry asking this question? Of course we're going to tell you to ditch the iphone for the z10.

Here's proof, ditch the iphone for the Z10.
    Exactly. lol. Asking this kind of question on CB.Com is like going into a T-mobile store and asking them if I should buy a Z10 there or from At&t. lol
    meganVee and jesse_h like this.
    02-02-13 12:06 PM
    iPhone 5 is a great phone - I have no interest in getting locked into the Apple eco-system so I avoid all Apple products other than my iPad.

I don't know that I would ditch it but if you are a productive person, I would argue the Z10 looks far more able to handle tasks more quickly.
    02-02-13 12:24 PM
    hi guys first post here
    been waiting for the z10 here in the uk and just had delivery from orange and must say well worth the wait
    Lehomer, Abrante and jesse_h like this.
    02-02-13 12:24 PM
    do a pros and cons list and also watch every video review the crackberry team has made to make your decision.
    02-02-13 02:27 PM
36 12