I've also experienced these wireless connectivity issues with 2 different Z10 handsets. After I read this post, I tried changing the settings on my wireless router at home. My Z10 has now connected for 2 days without disconnecting and disabling. Cautiously happy!!

I'm not sure whether the adjustment of the channel or the b+g+n setting did the trick since I changed both. Note with my router a b+g setting wasn't available and only a b or g as stand alone was available. I chose b.

I should also note that because I had some wireless security cameras installed at home I had my wireless channels set at 13 which was the only one that didn't interfere with the camera signals and allowed good Internet speeds. Perhaps the z10 didn't like the high channel 13 setting? In the past I've noticed the highest channel available is 11. I now have it set at 11.

It may have already been explained in this thread - but it probably went over my head. But what is the reason why the z10 has issues with the n setting?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:11 PM
    I want to try this fix because my diagnostic info says I am using 802.11g/n. But I don't understand how to change it to the b/g!! When I touch the screen where that setting is showing, it doesn't let me change it. Where do I change it? I went under the setup/wifi and there's nowhere in there (that I can find) to change the Wireless Mode. This is probably a stupid question, but once I find the Wireless Mode, how the heck do I change it?

Router ZTE ZXV10 W300
    On the Setup/Wireless config page change Wireless Mode to 802.11b+g. Not 802.11b+g+n. The 11n Settings should then gray out. If you insist on attempting to use N then change the Channel Bandwidth, Guard Interval, and MCS until you find the optimal setting. I do not think it will help, though.

The reason for this is that ADSL modem uses a wifi chipset licensed from D-link. It uses a Draft N chipset. Most wifi devices having trouble are attempting to connect to outdated Draft N routers.
    Good luck and hope this helps.
    08-21-13 01:29 PM
27 12