According to a new research from Kantar, Windows Phone is growing at a slightly faster rate than Android, which is saying something considering the viral-like nature of Android’s growth. But that isn’t all. BlackBerry’s market share dropped from 2.6% to 0.9%, and Windows Phone grew from 3.7% to 5.6% in the first quarter of 2013. All these are U.S. figures only, of course.

A marketshare of 5.6% isn’t much, but a growth of 3.7% to 5.6% is about 66% increase and not inconsequential. I wonder what the global take on this is though. No doubt, we shall get those soon enough. It was also recently reported that Windows has captured 7.5% of the tablet market. While these figures are not earth shaking, they must be good news for Microsoft. And for Nokia too.

Source ; Windows Phone grows faster than Android, gains ground at BlackBerry’s expense? | MOBILITY
    Attached Thumbnails -windows-phone.jpg  
    04-30-13 12:35 AM
    What's a windows phone?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-30-13 12:40 AM

Best windows review ever.

Posted via CB10
    slparry and TenceRiker like this.
    04-30-13 12:42 AM
    Let's wait for a global scale report first before worrying

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 12:43 AM

Best windows review ever.

Posted via CB10
    Windows Phone 8 isn't Windows 8. Windows 8 is pretty bleh but Windows Phone 8 is actually really nice.
    04-30-13 12:45 AM
    Windows Phone 8 isn't Windows 8. Windows 8 is pretty bleh but Windows Phone 8 is actually really nice.
    Even if Microsoft succeeds in the mobile industry, they have destroyed them selves with what they used to do somewhat well which is making decent operating systems for computers and laptops. I had to get downgrading rights to get rid of that disaster which is windows 8. And I'm not the only one.

Posted via CB10
    The Selected Fruit likes this.
    04-30-13 12:52 AM
    Even if Microsoft succeeds in the mobile industry, they have destroyed them selves with what they used to do somewhat well which is making decent operating systems for computers and laptops. I had to get downgrading rights to get rid of that disaster which is windows 8. And I'm not the only one.

Posted via CB10
    I bought a laptop with windows 8. What a disaster.

From Zed to U via CB10
    04-30-13 01:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Meh I don't think it's all that bad I'm currently using 7 but I did partake in the 8 alpha and beta testing. It's a bit of a learning curve because it's something completely new but there's nothing I couldn't accomplish on 8 that I was currently doing 7.
    04-30-13 01:27 AM
    I'll ignore the fact that the OP has 1 post and that's this post... but I can overlook that.

The reason why I didn't even bother to evaluate and look at Windows phone was because of the disaster that is Windows 8. I think MS could have sold even more Windows phone if it didn't have the metro style panels to remind people that this might be a Windows 8 experience.

I'm sure some people must like Windows 8, MS can't be that arrogant not to do some user feedback, right? But they must have asked some segment of the population that myself and none of my friends and co-workers belong to.

I'm a Windows user, prefer it more then a Mac, used every single MS OS and this is the first time I was really disappointed. My Company is going to stick with Windows 7, skipping Windows 8 and being hopeful for Windows 9.

As for the phone , I've yet to see someone with a Windows 8 phone, I've been waiting to see one in person from a friend to test it out, so far, no luck.
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-30-13 at 01:56 AM.
    04-30-13 01:34 AM
    I'm a Windows user, prefer it more then a Mac, used every single MS OS and this is the first time I was really disappointed.
    c`mon, its the second disappointment, vista wasn't exactly a good thing lol.

anyways, to the OP`s point, the fact that WP sold more in 3 months than a single Z10 (plus a little BB7 maybe) which was out for half a month or so is hardly the worlds biggest supprise.
    as for WP increasing at a faster rate than android? I guess part of it (which applies to BB too) is when you have a small starting base from the last quarter figures, getting a increase isn't as hard, although when people are waiting for the SGS4 and HTC One that could also explain some of it too.
    but, to the point that its at BB`s expense, maybe not so much, as the forbes article (the original one) says over 50% of WP buyers in Q1 were feature phone users.

either way, it wont really be until the Q2 or even Q3 figures come out that BB10 will get true representative figures. Q2 should be good, but wont include much Q10 figures,so that always one to bear in mind, although worldwide figures are more important that US only figures.
    04-30-13 01:55 AM
    c`mon, its the second disappointment, vista wasn't exactly a good thing lol.
    What is this vista you are talking about? I have no knowledge of such a thing.

*psst* I'm still blocking that OS out of my mind.
    04-30-13 01:59 AM
    People often say to skip every other Windows OS. When Vista came it was terrible. Windows 7 fixed that and became what it should had been. Now people hate Windows 8 and will wait for Windows 9. The history of Windows has pretty much been like this. Remember Windows ME anyone?

As for Windows Phone 8. It's actully pretty good. I owned one for a wile but handed it over to my girlfriend after a while. It wasn't for me in the long run. Got some issues. But it's nice for those who just wants a phone that works. And it's smooth too.

-hiroshima-chernobyl-windows.jpg
    04-30-13 02:14 AM
    Windows xp was the best. Been terrible since xp lol

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:37 AM
    windows 8 on a mobile OK and in some ways similair as blackberry. The OS10 is beter in some ways like handeling the hub and the OS is more like android/apple and i think thats is better (windows 3.1) . The gesture and and easy use of the keyboard and OS is the best experience i had on a mobile phone. Also blackberry has a positiver name then windows os and that's also not good voor windows. Samsung allrady stops with windows.
    04-30-13 02:57 AM
    I have always had an open mind about stuff and Windows 8 mobile with the live tiles is not bad. I do like the Hub, Swipe and Gesture concept on the BB z10 better and the OS is much smoother then the Windows phone.

I used my sisters HTC 8x for a week while down in Florida and the live tile interface does grow on you and although the interface is basic, it's does work quite well, just not my cup of tea.

I am only back on my iPhone 5 and Apple IOS after going through four z10's because of the device restart issue and the GMail interface. I am hoping these issues get resolved on the official 10.1 release. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by bakron1; 04-30-13 at 05:06 AM.
    04-30-13 04:10 AM