Hey

So I got a laptop running windows 8 and whenever I try to connect my z10 I get a BSOD within 2-3 minutes.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    And is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:16 AM
    I guess I'll ask the obvious question. Have you installed the current version of BlackBerry Link on the laptop? I would suggest you try that if you haven't.
    BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    07-22-13 06:32 AM
    I had a few minutes to think about this further.

Have you plugged any other USB devices in? Just to be sure there is not some problem with USB on the laptop.

Turn on USB Mass Storage on the Z10: System Settings, Storage and Access, scroll to the bottom. Then plug the phone in. The computer will see the media card in the Z10 as a USB drive. It will not try to install the BlackBerry drivers in this case. It will just install generic USB drive access drivers.
    07-22-13 06:39 AM
    I see the OP is not replying at the moment...

I have very similar problem. Actually I even tried to google, if anyone else had this problem.
    In my case the Windows 8 crash can happen after 5, or 15 minutes. Sometimes BB Link would finish backup, and sometimes I don't even get to the option of starting Link, Windows just goes 'bye-bye'.
    Latest version of Link, all available updates on Windows. Different USB ports tried. Other then this: PC is working fine.

I am afraid of running the OS update in order not to get a reset during the process.
    I will try today to upgrade the BBM from beta zone, hopefully it holds that long
    07-22-13 07:32 AM
    I thought of something else. The Z10 could draw high current from the USB port. If the computer hardware is having trouble supplying the current it could cause a hardware fault. If you have a powered USB hub, try plugging the Z10 into that and the hub into the laptop. That will stop the high current draw from the computer.
    07-22-13 07:45 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    The problem occured on both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 usage. I looked some more in the lenovo site, and will try to reinstall the USB drivers first.
    I don't have the USB hub, so will see if the drivers change the behavior of windows
    07-22-13 08:25 AM
    I had exactly same issue yesterday. And I found that it's, as jrohland suggested, due to USB port I plugged in (seems that USB port is not able to supply Z10 with power it requested)
    07-22-13 09:00 AM
    So I literally tried everything I could find on all the forums I came across and still nothing.

I can't even get the wireless sync to work.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling blackberry link, uninstalled and reinstalled all the blackberry drivers I could find and the laptop still keeps getting BSODs

Also link tells me I need to update the phones OS when it's already updated and it keeps giving me this "connection error" every time It tries to mount the drives.

Help pleaaaaaase!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:22 PM
    I also have these issues with BB Link on W8. I do remember reading somewhere that it is a common issue with W8. Just one of the several reasons why W8 annoys me.

I am able to perform a backup and restore however. I just can't touch my phone during the whole process or do anything on my laptop. As soon as I do either of these things it watchdog errors.
    07-22-13 07:37 PM
    I'm not sure why this hasn't been looked into by either blackberry or Microsoft. I'm sure a lot of people here have this same problem.

Anyone know how I can bypass the usb connection and do it over wifi instead?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:51 PM