Yesterday two friends and I were having a chat about mobile phones. Actually I walked in on them chatting and complaining about certain things on their phones ( both android devices ), and couldn't help but get involved

Both guys are in the IT industry, and neither are brand bashes. They bought their devices as they believed that they were the best for their needs which is why I like chatting to them - they are open about the problems on their devices and also don't feel the need to run BlackBerry down at every opportunity.

Their problems started with their keyboards. I jumped in and showed them how it works on the Z10 and they were noticeably impressed. This wasn't even a close one - the keyboard on the Z10 was way better than anything they had, despite theirs having apps which were there to try and improve the typing experience. There was quite a bit of "ooohh'ing" and "aaaahhhh'ing" as I showed them how great the typing experience is.
    I then carried on the assault buy purposefully exaggerating the hub gesture. Both wanted to know what that was and I explained it. The concept of being able to quickly access any message, no matter what app you are currently in, also impressed ( as it always does ). Also having all communications in a single space was something that they both liked!
    Lastly, and this was a bit of an accident, one of my mates was viewing a webpage which was not optimised for use on mobile devices. He was zooming and scrolling all over the place to view the contents which is when I pointed out the Reader function built into our browser - this was a huge hit!

So there you go, some positive news on this Saturday morning. I'll keep doing my bit to promote the Z10. It is a great device and BlackBerry 10 is a system which is way better than many pundits give it credit.
    I may not have converted anyone, but I did leave two people with a great experience which hopefully they will pass on the next time one of their Android friends is bashing BlackBerry.

P.S. - I think both devices were Galaxy S3 mini's, although one may have been an S4 mini as it was quite new and looked different to the other!

Posted using CB10 on my Z10STL100- running 10.1.0.4633
    09-28-13 12:37 AM
    Great, being able to show the real world benefits, a Z10 has.
    It's easy to impress the open minded giving them a hands-on.

If only those stupid comments about BlackBerry dying in f.ing every thread would stop.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 05:39 AM
    Nice job! Great to hear a positive story. I was just talking to my high schooler who has a Z10. He likes to brag about taking on the other kids in some kind of phone competition. He says nobody's phone can touch the Z10 for speed and the Z10 has the only browser that will allow him to navigate the school homework site and actually complete home work on his phone. He said he usually gets grief from the other kids but when he shows what the Z10 can do, they shut up in a hurry.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    tw1g_007, Baked and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-28-13 08:28 AM
    Yesterday two friends and I were having a chat about mobile phones. Actually I walked in on them chatting and complaining about certain things on their phones ( both android devices ), and couldn't help but get involved

Both guys are in the IT industry, and neither are brand bashes. They bought their devices as they believed that they were the best for their needs which is why I like chatting to them - they are open about the problems on their devices and also don't feel the need to run BlackBerry down at every opportunity.

Their problems started with their keyboards. I jumped in and showed them how it works on the Z10 and they were noticeably impressed. This wasn't even a close one - the keyboard on the Z10 was way better than anything they had, despite theirs having apps which were there to try and improve the typing experience. There was quite a bit of "ooohh'ing" and "aaaahhhh'ing" as I showed them how great the typing experience is.
    I then carried on the assault buy purposefully exaggerating the hub gesture. Both wanted to know what that was and I explained it. The concept of being able to quickly access any message, no matter what app you are currently in, also impressed ( as it always does ). Also having all communications in a single space was something that they both liked!
    Lastly, and this was a bit of an accident, one of my mates was viewing a webpage which was not optimised for use on mobile devices. He was zooming and scrolling all over the place to view the contents which is when I pointed out the Reader function built into our browser - this was a huge hit!

So there you go, some positive news on this Saturday morning. I'll keep doing my bit to promote the Z10. It is a great device and BlackBerry 10 is a system which is way better than many pundits give it credit.
    I may not have converted anyone, but I did leave two people with a great experience which hopefully they will pass on the next time one of their Android friends is bashing BlackBerry.

P.S. - I think both devices were Galaxy S3 mini's, although one may have been an S4 mini as it was quite new and looked different to the other!

That's fine and dandy but is that enough to convince your friends to ditch their DROID devices and go bb? Many people ooh and ahh about BB10 but how many will actually make the commitment and buy one?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-28-13 10:53 AM
    Honestly, I think its a little to late for BlackBerry to make a comeback. Being a Blackberry enthusiast I would love for the company to return to what it once was, but I just don't see that happening, however I will continue to use my BlackBerry Z10 and PlayBook ........UNTIL
    niss63, tw1g_007 and CMcRob like this.
    09-28-13 11:01 AM
    That's fine and dandy but is that enough to convince your friends to ditch their DROID devices and go bb? Many people ooh and ahh about BB10 but how many will actually make the commitment and buy one?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    The more people "ooh"ing and "aahh"ing BB10, the less people speeding the misconception of it being an outdated OS.
    09-28-13 11:50 AM
    I don't think it's too late. I think many of us who are disappointed and sick with Apple (I've had every iPhone since the 3 came out in 2008) are looking for a better phone and experience and don't like android or Windows phone. IOS 7 was one of the last straws.

BlackBerry fits our needs with BB10. In the last week 3 of our family members have given up our iPhone and are quite happy with our new Blackberries.

One last iPhone user in our family and he keeps playing with our phones trying to decide if he likes BB better, I give him a week before he switches, lol.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-28-13 08:38 PM
    I had no idea about the reader function!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:52 PM
    I agree with you when you say you will continue with Blackberry.........UNTIL. For me, I will definitely carry on with BB as well. Despite what is going on with the company as a whole, I have never been this excited for a phone being shipped to me as I was when.......well, wait, this IS the only phone I have been truly excited about. People knock the phone but the specs are quite nice. Quad-core and Octa-core phones are not really needed if the OS it runs on cannot support them or is not written for them etc. Plus, I kinda enjoy having battery life as well and want more than 4 hrs of time with the device. Currently, I have the S3 from MetroPCS with Android 4.1 and its quite laggy. One of the games I got for it, Ducktales - dont hate you know you want it, took around 3 minutes or more to load. Also, going in and out of the menus and homescreen bring a ton of lag as well and even with the apps being closed etc, could just be the phone or the OS - I would say the OS. In the past, my Android devices have had lag and rooting it took care of the problem but that shouldnt have to be the way. From what I have heard with the Z10 and the OS is that its very fluid going in and out of programs, the hub, etc and from what I have seen in reviews, that is true and that is what was the deciding factor for me. F
    Spencerdl and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-29-13 11:36 PM
    I agree with you when you say you will continue with Blackberry.........UNTIL. For me, I will definitely carry on with BB as well. Despite what is going on with the company as a whole, I have never been this excited for a phone being shipped to me as I was when.......well, wait, this IS the only phone I have been truly excited about. People knock the phone but the specs are quite nice. Quad-core and Octa-core phones are not really needed if the OS it runs on cannot support them or is not written for them etc. Plus, I kinda enjoy having battery life as well and want more than 4 hrs of time with the device. Currently, I have the S3 from MetroPCS with Android 4.1 and its quite laggy. One of the games I got for it, Ducktales - dont hate you know you want it, took around 3 minutes or more to load. Also, going in and out of the menus and homescreen bring a ton of lag as well and even with the apps being closed etc, could just be the phone or the OS - I would say the OS. In the past, my Android devices have had lag and rooting it took care of the problem but that shouldnt have to be the way. From what I have heard with the Z10 and the OS is that its very fluid going in and out of programs, the hub, etc and from what I have seen in reviews, that is true and that is what was the deciding factor for me. F
    Welcome to Crackberry, I hope you ENJOY your experience here and your new device
    09-30-13 09:21 AM
    I had no idea about the reader function!

Posted via CB10
    Same here It doesn't work for all webpages but or the majority it works like a charm
    09-30-13 09:34 AM
    I don't think it's too late. I think many of us who are disappointed and sick with Apple (I've had every iPhone since the 3 came out in 2008) are looking for a better phone and experience and don't like android or Windows phone. IOS 7 was one of the last straws.

BlackBerry fits our needs with BB10. In the last week 3 of our family members have given up our iPhone and are quite happy with our new Blackberries.

One last iPhone user in our family and he keeps playing with our phones trying to decide if he likes BB better, I give him a week before he switches, lol.

Posted via CB10
    I like to hear stories of people switching, unfortunately it's just not enough of these stories. Numbers don't lie, while true in your family that BlackBerry devices are the majority, that's not the reality or majority in the USA
    09-30-13 09:58 AM
    Probably not in South Africa as most people are tied into 2 year contracts, but hopefully they won't just ignore it next time around.

Every little bit helps!

10-09-13 05:57 AM
    I'm surprised people are surprised that others would find BB10 features good. (Wow isn't that a tongue twister).

BB10 obviously has some awesome features. BB10 in itself is not why BB is dying. Everyone I know thinks BB sucks purely because of the lack of support. If I show people the neat features they will always "ooh and ahhh" and say how neat those features are.

People here like to say "apps don't matter". Other people like to say "those neat features don't matter". It really comes down to what you need. Most people don't need better notifications (hub) and better multitasking as much as they need access to certain apps. Some people don't need access to a lot of apps and they need the better multitasking and better notifications.

In the end I can always impress people (as long as they're not fan boys/girls) with BB10 features. But in the end it'll never be enough to make people consider switching. And the reason for that is something like 90% app support and 10% hardware.

As for the keyboard situation, as someone who was previously on Android, I don't really find the BB10 keyboard all that much better than Swiftkey. It is a pretty good keyboard though (the BB10 one).
    GCPHOTO likes this.
    10-09-13 12:18 PM