I did write a post before, about receiving 10.3.1 update OTA without depending on my carrier... I asked if the 10.3.1 update will be worldwide as same as 10.2.1, without depending on a specific carrier,
    I felt lucky because I received the OTA update for the BlackBerry world which gave me a hint that no matter what carrier you are with, eventually you will get 10.3.1 update OTA.

Am I right in concluding this?? What do you think??

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    08-05-14 02:54 PM
    We don't really know.... but 10.2.1 wasn't really worldwide because they bypassed carrier's. Plenty of US users didn't get 10.2.1 until much later. Think there are just a number of carriers that figure if it's good enough for BlackBerry then it's good enough for us.

What do you mean "OTA update for the BlackBerry World".... ?

I do think that eventually everyone will have the option to do the 10.3.1 OTA.
    08-05-14 03:20 PM
    We don't really know.... but 10.2.1 wasn't really worldwide because they bypassed carrier's. Plenty of US users didn't get 10.2.1 until much later. Think there are just a number of carriers that figure if it's good enough for BlackBerry then it's good enough for us.

What do you mean "OTA update for the BlackBerry World".... ?

I do think that eventually everyone will have the option to do the 10.3.1 OTA.
    I posted this because I'm in the middle east and they don't care about such OTA update, specially for BlackBerry. So, I hope they will bypass my carrier for 10.3.1

I just went to BlackBerry world and check for updates and Walla, I have my BlackBerry world updated...

08-05-14 03:26 PM
    I'm hoping this because I don't want to use sachesi or autoloaders...

08-05-14 03:41 PM
    I don't think anyone really knows right now.

But, if your carrier allowed 10.2.1 to be sent to your phone when it was originally released by BlackBerry, chances are that it will again for you.

As mentioned though, the 10.2.1 rollout was not really "worldwide". Some carriers did hold it back, especially the US carriers - some of whom held it back 4 months. .

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 04:30 PM
    I don't think anyone really knows right now.

But, if your carrier allowed 10.2.1 to be sent to your phone when it was originally released by BlackBerry, chances are that it will again for you.

As mentioned though, the 10.2.1 rollout was not really "worldwide". Some carriers did hold it back, especially the US carriers - some of whom held it back 4 months. .

Posted via CB10
    I got my z10 STL100-3 with 10.2.1 out of box, it's a new release. Then I got the 10.2.1.2228 update through t-mobile when my phone was still in the US with my friend, then it arrived to me with the update and now I'm in the middle east..
    Long story lol....

That's why I care about this issue...
    Thanks for your reply...

08-05-14 04:48 PM
    I'm hoping this because I don't want to use sachesi or autoloaders...

I am in the USA and I have used both the autoloaders and Sachesi so that I can have the newest OS version. Both work really well and I have not had any problems with my phone by using both. In fact, the last update I used Sachesi to download another carrier's official update and put it on my phone. It is really quite easy. Not sure why you do not want to use these options that are available to you. The benefit besides a phone rocking the newest and best OS, you are also not forced to wait on your carrier. Would you mind sharing what the objection(s) might be?
    08-05-14 05:14 PM
    I am in the USA and I have used both the autoloaders and Sachesi so that I can have the newest OS version. Both work really well and I have not had any problems with my phone by using both. In fact, the last update I used Sachesi to download another carrier's official update and put it on my phone. It is really quite easy. Not sure why you do not want to use these options that are available to you. The benefit besides a phone rocking the newest and best OS, you are also not forced to wait on your carrier. Would you mind sharing what the objection(s) might be?
    Sure, as a new BlackBerry z10 user, I just adore this device because it is gesture based os. I had iPhone and Android and I did jailbreak the iPhone and root the android and they were both perfect... I'm still a friend from sachesi because, I faced a problem which is that, I downloaded 10.2.1.3247 from Rogers but the download was interrupted so many times and when I clicked "grab links " button, I got like 159 files or something and when I checked the downloaded file, it was a round 166 files, so I was afraid as the numbers didn't match... and when I asked if something might go wrong if the upgrade process fails, someone answered, it might be. I did a full backup to my phone and I'm reading and reading till I become aware of everything

Autoloader, is a whole new process which really scares me, forgive me Cuz I'm still new, because it wipes the whole phone, although, I backed the phone up, but still, it's a whole new process to me and there are some things which guides didn't cover like the problem in sachesi that I mentioned above...

Hope this answers your question

08-05-14 05:59 PM