Good evening all, I am new to the forum and have not yet made the switch from iPhone to BB. I am trying to learn as much about BB as possible. I noticed that the new Classic is now out. Do you think BB would improve upon the Z10 . I guess what I am trying to ask is this, I really like the size of the Z10 . That is as big a phone as I want. Will they totally discontinue it ? with no choice in between the Z30 or Classic ? Hopefully this kind of makes sense.
    12-21-14 09:29 PM
    There's no signs of an improved version of a Z10, but there is also no evidence that they dropped it. All we can do at the moment is to play the waiting game.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    12-21-14 09:38 PM
    A fair number of people have asked about this, and it was thought and rumored there would be a Z50 with similar form to the 10. But at this stage, nothing official has surfaced as to a new or revised model of the 10.
    12-21-14 09:40 PM
    There's no signs of an improved version of a Z10, but there is also no evidence that they dropped it. All we can do at the moment is to play the waiting game.

I thought z30 was the worthy successor

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:41 PM
    Most places I visited here in Edmonton Canada have discontinued the Z10. So I just assumed BB was discontinuing it as well.
    Thanks.
    12-21-14 09:42 PM
    I thought z30 was the worthy successor

Posted via CB10
    It kind of is, but OP also mentioned the size of the device.

12-21-14 09:48 PM

Hopefully they upgrade it early next year. Can't wait any longer lol!

Oh and off topic but nice new profile pic

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:50 PM
    Hopefully they upgrade it early next year. Can't wait any longer lol!

Oh and off topic but nice new profile pic

Posted via CB10
    I sure hope there will be an upgrade. I still love my Z10, so I'd love an upgraded one even more.

12-21-14 10:39 PM
    I hope so. I love this form factor. I have a feeling BlackBerry won't go smaller than 5 inches though as that seems to be the trend across the board. But let's stay optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:55 PM
    I hope so. I love this form factor. I have a feeling BlackBerry won't go smaller than 5 inches though as that seems to be the trend across the board. But let's stay optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry really wanted to stick with the trends, I think they would have never made the Q10, Q5, Classic, or Passport.

kc0003 likes this.
    12-21-14 11:07 PM
    Good evening all, I am new to the forum and have not yet made the switch from iPhone to BB. I am trying to learn as much about BB as possible. I noticed that the new Classic is now out. Do you think BB would improve upon the Z10 . I guess what I am trying to ask is this, I really like the size of the Z10 . That is as big a phone as I want. Will they totally discontinue it ? with no choice in between the Z30 or Classic ? Hopefully this kind of makes sense.
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 - As most folks should know by now, the first batch of BlackBerry 10 devices such as the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Z30, Z3 and Q5 haven't received any iteration of BlackBerry 10.3/ 10.3.1 as of yet. The plan for those devices was always to move them directly into 10.3.1, and that's still going to happen. As we learned during the BlackBerry Classic launch Q&A session, that will start happening in February. Now, even though that's an official timeframe from Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, it's still subject to all the usual caveats such as carrier approval and roll out. 'February' is a starting point not an exact date and that's important to remember because it likely doesn't mean come February 1st, everyone is going to have 10.3.1..

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:40 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 - As most folks should know by now, the first batch of BlackBerry 10 devices such as the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Z30, Z3 and Q5 haven't received any iteration of BlackBerry 10.3/ 10.3.1 as of yet. The plan for those devices was always to move them directly into 10.3.1, and that's still going to happen. As we learned during the BlackBerry Classic launch Q&A session, that will start happening in February. Now, even though that's an official timeframe from Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, it's still subject to all the usual caveats such as carrier approval and roll out. 'February' is a starting point not an exact date and that's important to remember because it likely doesn't mean come February 1st, everyone is going to have 10.3.1..

Posted via CB10
    Are you just pasting this into any random topics??? What does that have to do with anything that OP had asked???

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    devin266 likes this.
    12-22-14 12:04 PM
    Are you just pasting this into any random topics??? What does that have to do with anything that OP had asked???

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    He asked about the query mentioned about the upgrade later on he asked for the sizes n other things...cnt u just see the title of this topic...I just tried to explain him the software upgrade which is not available now irrespective of the hardware n shape size upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rockinjax09; 12-22-14 at 12:44 PM.
    12-22-14 12:32 PM
    Currently z10 is not going to get any better shape or size but BlackBerry is going to launch an separate device which is combination of both Z3 and Z30 with features mentioned in the below link...have a look
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-rio...-it-evolved-z3

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:42 PM
    I just hate the fact that I will at some point have no choice but to use a big phone. I personally like the smaller size, no bigger than the Z10 with the current OS, and a great camera. The first phones were huge then gradually got smaller and thinner and now we are back to go big or go home.
    I still can't find a store that sells new Z10's. Would you buy used?
    Thanks,
    12-22-14 04:41 PM
    I see some refurbs on eBay, not sure if I trust them.

I would love to see a Z10 w/Passport specs. I too love the size of Z10 as well but it does seem 5" is the standard now. Guess we'll see...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:42 PM
    I personally don't expect to see a new Z10-like device next year. It took BlackBerry 2 years to make 1 new device (Passport) and redesign existing one (Q10 -> Classic). I'm not interested in Z3 variations, it's a cheap under $200 real value phone. If their next phone is not competitive as price/specs, I'm going back to Android with a Nexus device.
    12-22-14 07:00 PM
    I personally don't expect to see a new Z10-like device next year. It took BlackBerry 2 years to make 1 new device (Passport) and redesign existing one (Q10 -> Classic). I'm not interested in Z3 variations, it's a cheap under $200 real value phone. If their next phone is not competitive as price/specs, I'm going back to Android with a Nexus device.
    I just picked up a Galaxy S5 for the above reasons. BlackBerry is reluctant to support their warranties on their devices nor are they willing to get an app store that gives apps that actually work well. Amazon app store is crap. I had a Passport for one day, and that did it for me. It has less apps than the Z10 !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-14 09:03 PM
    I would like to see an upgrade of the Z10 too. I have a Z30 and love the improvements but still like the form factor of the Z10. I still use my Z10 with the extended battery and it just keeps going. For what I use my phones for, mainly messaging and calls, the Z10 and Z30 do very well.

Getting a passport next for work but would rather get an improved Z10.

via Z10-ER
    FF22 likes this.
    12-23-14 03:11 AM
    If 10.3.1 bugs aren't squished than I maybe going to iPhone 5s or possibly 6 although the 6 is getting pretty large too.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:14 PM
    I just hate the fact that I will at some point have no choice but to use a big phone. I personally like the smaller size, no bigger than the Z10 with the current OS, and a great camera. The first phones were huge then gradually got smaller and thinner and now we are back to go big or go home.
    Thanks,
    Prior to moving to my Z30 I was using a Z10, I swore left right and center I'd never move to a 5" or more display phone as the Z10 had the perfect form factor. But when I got a great offer on a brand new unlocked white Z30 for $250 (prior to Black Friday deals) I jumped all over it. I figured even if I didn't like the Z30, I could stick with my Z10 and sell the 30 for a profit.

Two and half months later and the Z30 is on 10.3.1.1154 and it's rocking! I don't know what it is but the size is no longer a factor as I barely notice it anymore. But the upside of owning the Z30 far outweighs any reservations I previously had. OP, my recommendation is that if you want to come over to BB10, starting with a Z30 would be the best option IMO. The Z10 wasn't a bad phone and you can probably get one used now for cheap.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-23-14 06:22 PM
    Thanks,
    Staples in Canada sells the Z10 (Black and White, unlocked) for $229.89. Bell is also getting rid of their Z10 for $249.95 in the clearance section.
    12-23-14 06:33 PM
    Just bought my z10 at staples, unlocked...$230, exactly what I got back from insurance on my old z10

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:26 PM