I played CSR chat roulette three times this weekend and basically got a uniform answer that they don't have give out unlock codes for the Z10 before 90 days are over after purchase. Now I was really polite to them and did not gripe at them, but mentioned that this phone is MY property and that the only ties to AT&T currently is, that the phone rund on their network. I insisted that J should be able to use the phone as I please, and they agreed. However it seems like they really don't have the unlock codes, because all three answers I got were basically identical. Except one of them said that the phone is a AT&T exclusive, which I replied that this is not true. They all said that I should try again in June.
    You know by all means, that is pretty fraudulent and they're just doing it because they know that nobody outs a gun to their head. Perhaps somebody will get mad enough one of these days and gets a lawyer involved. I don't think that there is any policy valid they have that gives them the right to do what they do.
    Fact is that they have NO right whatsoever on the that phone when purchased full retail. Somebody prove me wrong if they can...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:25 AM
    how did you unlock the z10?
    04-27-13 01:18 PM
    how did you do it?
    04-27-13 01:21 PM
    Reporting back -
    TMO USA sent me my unlock code last Thursday via Email and my Z10 is now unlocked.
    04-28-13 09:42 AM
    ATT is last place in customer service for a reason- poor training. If there is inconsistency in their unlock policy and codes, it means that their personnel are not equipped with the knowledge. They answer the lowest common denominator scripted questions off a Mei tree. Management is not much better. With TMo, management is fully trained even if first tier is not. They have coverage of their knowledge base with the building. With AT&T, they have much lower standards for management.
    06-05-13 08:51 AM
    Code coming out means when the device is eligible to be unlocked. I used to work for a carrier. Certain things have the met before they will unlock.

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    I was told the same thing. Will wait another month and call back for an unlock code. If not eBay has AT&T unlock codes for as little as $10.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:35 PM
    I just got mine unlocked this evening. No wait time in the call queue, all they needed was the imei and purpose of the unlock. Usually saying that you're going abroad on business is enough, and that's what I said. No problems. Typed in code with agent on the phone to confirm it worked and it did. Longer than a typical code (16 digits).

Pritesh

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:09 PM
132 ... 456