I bought a spare mpj 5000mah battery for my Z10, but I forgot to use and tossed into the corner until several days ago. The battery was not been used for almost 3 months, will this shortens the battery's life?
    08-12-15 01:08 AM
    It should be as good as you have bought it. Have not heard of such high capacity battery before...

Posted on my white Z10 via CB10
    08-12-15 01:10 AM
    Lithium batteries will stop holding charge if you let them drain below a certain level (which is below the 0 charge reported by the device). They will naturally drain just sitting around, but should be good for up to a year from manufacture.

Storage protocol is to charge them to about 50% charge and remove from the device if possible. Check about every six months and repeat.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    muellerto likes this.
    08-12-15 04:41 AM
    Put the battery into your phone and see if the phone starts. If it starts, then it means the voltage hasn't dropped below the low threshold, and your battery should be just fine. If the phone doesn't start, then the battery has gone below the threshold, and you can be sure it has sustained certain amount of damage; it will hold less charge now, or none at all.

As far as batteries lasting for a year from manufacture is concerned, that isn't always the case with all the batteries. There are several lithium-ion technologies being used. I have two portable battery chargers for my z30. Both will self-drain, if not used for 4 months, to about 20% juice left. They would discharge to below zero way before the 12 month mark. My Kindle is the same. If I turn it off and not use it for a couple of months, it will self-drain from full to 70%. On the other hand, the previous Kindle model self-discharged itself so slowly that it would easily last for over a year if not used before hitting zero percent.
    08-12-15 08:16 AM