I was looking into getting a Mountek NGroove Snap 2 car mount for my BlackBerry Z10 / Z30. It works using a magnet plate I'm just worried it might activate the sleeper magnet built into BlackBerry phones. I emailed the Mountek guys they said it will work. I dont believe it. Does anyone have the Mountek Snap Mounts working with BlackBerry?

Will Mountek nGroove Snap Work With BlackBerry?-snap-edited.png

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:47 AM
    You might be able to test. Get a magnet and hold it where this device has its magnet and see how the z10 reacts.
    04-03-14 11:45 AM
    You are absolutely right. As a matter of fact I logged in just now to post a question on this. I have the Mountek holder and you are on spot: the screen goes to sleep when u clip it on. I find this extremely uncomfortable as you have no visibility to who is calling while you're driving nor can you do see anything on the phone, although it work, but no active screen.

Moving the phone around on the magnet seems to find, after much hassle, a spot where the screen will stay on. I dont know how to work around this. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:41 AM
    thanks for the info. I totally forgot about Blackberry and this cool feature. However it works against us with this awesome mount that I researched for days.

How difficult is it to find the right spot where the magnet won't turn off the screen on the blackberry? Could you take a picture of where you placed it so it doesn't turn off?

Also is the magnet on the mount or is the magnet the accessory badge/plates that it comes with?
    05-02-14 12:55 AM
    The sleep magnet should be where the USB port is. (Z10) if I remember correctly

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:19 AM
    I ordered a mountek snap 2 without looking at this first ... it doesnt work, turns off the screen when mounted on the magnet. great feature for a holster but bad for this magnetic car mount. I thought BB had a way to turn off magnetic option... I can't find anything though...
    07-15-14 04:01 PM
    I ordered a mountek snap 2 without looking at this first ... it doesnt work, turns off the screen when mounted on the magnet. great feature for a holster but bad for this magnetic car mount. I thought BB had a way to turn off magnetic option... I can't find anything though...
    I do not believe you can disable the sensor for the sleep magnet. As noted, the sensor seems to be located in the vicinity of the usb port and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in from that edge. If you can avoid the magnetic properties for that area of the phone, you might get this mount to work. And the sensor can detect a magnet from the front OR BACK.
    07-15-14 05:57 PM
    I do not believe you can disable the sensor for the sleep magnet. As noted, the sensor seems to be located in the vicinity of the usb port and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in from that edge. If you can avoid the magnetic properties for that area of the phone, you might get this mount to work. And the sensor can detect a magnet from the front OR BACK.
    I think legacy devices had this option (to disable) - Where's the suggestion box for future BB10 features?
    07-15-14 06:36 PM