I personally like my Z10 very much. It is the most optimal smartphone. I would not mind if Blackberry would upgrade it: make it lighter, enhance parameters, etc. However, Blackberry Limited is constantly continue issuing various models with different designs. Probably they should stick to some "proved with time" models and just refresh it.

I am the only one who think this way?
    gambit09 and harshik like this.
    08-16-15 04:40 AM
    Not in the near future, at least not this year. BlackBerry has lost their direction of where the hardware department should go. And the App side is a mess. All of this software focused direction is slowly turning BlackBerry into nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:45 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. Z10 is a great form factor, easy to text with one hand yet still large enough to appreciate all the screen provided. If Apple keeps hitting home runs with the same phone, iPhone 4,5,6...then why doesn't BB follow suit?

A Z10 with a faster processor, more memory and a stronger battery would be great!

Posted via Z10
    Batibreaker and WanShark69 like this.
    08-16-15 05:57 AM
    Probably they should stick to some "proved with time" models and just refresh it.
    They used to do that... and that got them into trouble, i.e. they weren't prepared for the iPhone...
    08-16-15 06:11 AM
    If Apple keeps hitting home runs with the same phone, iPhone 4,5,6...then why doesn't BB follow suit?
    Because it's too simplistic to think that the form factor alone is responsible for Apple's success...
    Carmels likes this.
    08-16-15 06:12 AM
    BlackBerry is just lost. They need to make a new z10 with the material and colour used on the passport silver. But I actually think that Chen has thrown in the towel and I expect that blackberry will give up on the blackberry 10 OS (still making blackberry phones though). Also BlackBerry 10 was a decision made by Heins not Chen. Maybe it's just time for some changes

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:25 AM
    I do not like iPhone for several reasons, but when you see them improving one model, you feel the progress. In addition to the comfort that I feel with my z10, I also want to experience feeling of progress, changes - sense of my personal development as a BlackBerry z10 user..
    08-16-15 06:46 AM
    I personally like my Z10 very much. It is the most optimal smartphone. I would not mind if Blackberry would upgrade it: make it lighter, enhance parameters, etc. However, Blackberry Limited is constantly continue issuing various models with different designs. Probably they should stick to some "proved with time" models and just refresh it.

I use Z10 too, it is old now, BlackBerry has release BlackBerry Leap as upgrade from Z10. Don't know after the Leap what will be released again. Very limited for full touch screen smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:47 AM
    I would not mind if z10 loose some weight!!! For example.
    08-16-15 06:48 AM
    Are you sure that Leap is an upgrade of Z10? BlackBerry never mentioned it. They just pushing one model after another to the market. Indeed, it is a mess.
    08-16-15 06:51 AM
    Maybe z10 users should write a petition to the management. All in all we are the cause, why they do it.
    08-16-15 06:53 AM
    The Leap is an optimized Z10 but without 5Ghz wifi. The screen is bigger and battery larger. Besides that it's nothing better as the Z10. They should have given that device an upgrade in camera and processor (something like the Snapdragon 410).
    08-16-15 06:56 AM
    Are you sure that Leap is an upgrade of Z10? BlackBerry never mentioned it. They just pushing one model after another to the market. Indeed, it is a mess.
    Maybe not exact upgrade, but it is newer with latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:11 AM
    The Leap is an optimized Z10 but without 5Ghz wifi. The screen is bigger and battery larger. Besides that it's nothing better as the Z10. They should have given that device an upgrade in camera and processor (something like the Snapdragon 410).
    The LEAP is also missing HDMI, NFC and gyroscope technology for phone services like the compass, I think some GPS services are affected as well.

The LEAP is still a good phone to upgrade to from a Z10 but that's only if screen size and battery life are at the top of your priorities list. Otherwise, the Z30 is a much better upgrade in and around that price range.

In terms of getting a Z10 successor, I doubt BlackBerry will make a sub 5" display phone anytime soon. But if they do, screen size should be 4.5 to 4.7 and better battery life have to be at the top of the list.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-16-15 08:30 AM
    Lol its only downgrades hence forth for BBRY!!
    08-16-15 08:50 AM
    Don't mind on the processor it is ok even after more than 2 years but a large battery would be highly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:24 AM
    The LEAP is also missing HDMI, NFC and gyroscope technology for phone services like the compass, I think some GPS services are affected as well.

The LEAP is still a good phone to upgrade to from a Z10 but that's only if screen size and battery life are at the top of your priorities list. Otherwise, the Z30 is a much better upgrade in and around that price range.

In terms of getting a Z10 successor, I doubt BlackBerry will make a sub 5" display phone anytime soon. But if they do, screen size should be 4.5 to 4.7 and better battery life have to be at the top of the list.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Yes, it miss several items, but it is newest right now. For NFC I think that's depend on users and country characteristic, for develop country, NFC almost not use. I myself never use NFC on my BlackBerry Z10.

Yes, higher capacity battery is good.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:26 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. Z10 is a great form factor, easy to text with one hand yet still large enough to appreciate all the screen provided. If Apple keeps hitting home runs with the same phone, iPhone 4,5,6...then why doesn't BB follow suit?

A Z10 with a faster processor, more memory and a stronger battery would be great!

Posted via Z10
    + Stronger battery
    + Strongerer battery
    + Strongererer battery!!
    08-16-15 10:06 AM
    Leap is not an upgrade to anything... Z30 is the upgrade to the Z10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-16-15 11:06 AM
    + Stronger battery
    + Strongerer battery
    + Strongererer battery!!
    One thousand times agree!!!
    08-16-15 11:39 AM
    BB simply cant catch up. At this point it's just too late. Apple and Android have the smart phone market to themselves. When my Z10 died I made the switch to iOS and while its not perfect it is a very good product. If it had the hub and a simple notification light it would be dam near perfect. BB was arrogant back in 07 and they have paid the ultimate price. They have become irrelevant in the smartphone industry
    assk likes this.
    08-16-15 11:57 AM
    Get a z30 you will be very happy!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 12:01 PM
    Get a z30 you will be very happy!

Posted via CB10
    I believe that Z30 is not an update, simply because it is not much younger then z10 and requires its own upgrade as well.
    Although I perfectly understand that its tech specs are still viable, it is nowadays trend to refresh models at least once per two years. I don't mind if BlackBerry were issuing new models, I am just sure that such policy drives them away from the key aspects.
    08-16-15 06:08 PM

Yep..a lot of peeps love the device...I loved mine but it doesn't look like the direction they are going
    08-16-15 06:12 PM
    I believe that Z30 is not an update, simply because it is not much younger then z10 and requires its own upgrade as well.
    It is an update, though probably released too soon after the Z10, only about 6-8 months later, depending on your region. For some, it's what the Z10 should have been, had BlackBerry had more time.

The Leap is a replacement for the Z3, which was intended to be a low-end device. The internals of the Leap are more like the Z10 only because the Z10 is a higher-end device than the Z3.
    08-17-15 01:01 PM
43 12