Ok I have other devices, tablets, and phones ect. My other devices pick up wifi with full bars and the z10 only has 2 bars can someone help or is that just the way it is lol can someone help

Posted via cb10 spookyentertainment - YouTube
    06-11-14 11:40 PM
    Test the phone with an app called BBVE in Blackberry World, free download. It tests numerous things.
    Also I use "Speedtest.net" to check download speeds simultaneously on my desktop and Z10. (2 wifi bars on a Z10 is showing a pretty strong signal...)
    Ok I have other devices, tablets, and phones ect. My other devices pick up wifi with full bars and the z10 only has 2 bars can someone help or is that just the way it is lol can someone help

06-12-14 02:38 AM
    I hear you op. I have a z10 and an iphone and ipad. When all in the same room at the same place (basement) the z10 usually barely gets 2 bars of wifi if lucky. The apple products usually sit at full bars and seem to operate better over wifi. Wish I had an answer. Just passing along that you're not alone and it appears to be normal, I guess.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    06-12-14 08:35 AM

What OS are you running? Does this only happen with your home router or everywhere.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    06-12-14 09:04 AM
    I have similar problem. On my home router (Huawei HG520s), from time to time (at least once a day) I get "internet connection limited", something like that. For some reason phone just loses internet conectivity and after few minutes it reconnects. This doesn't happen on iPhone 4s, nor or any my other devices (Dell laptop and HP laptop). It could be that my router has some issues with Z10, because I didn't notice this happening on some other WiFi networks. But on the other hand I don't spend as much time on other wifi networks like at home. One morning I coudn't get it to properly connect, I tried everything, regular reset, hard reset, shutdown/power up, router restart, deleting connection and in all that time iPhone and HP laptop were normaly connected and using internet.
    06-14-14 06:21 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1.2179

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    06-15-14 07:04 PM
    If I stay connected and go into room at other end of house (away from modem) my signal significantly weakens... if I disconnect and reconnect in same room, wifi connection is strong !?

Go figure...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-15-14 10:14 PM
    I have similar problem. On my home router (Huawei HG520s), from time to time (at least once a day) I get "internet connection limited", something like that. For some reason phone just loses internet conectivity and after few minutes it reconnects. This doesn't happen on iPhone 4s, nor or any my other devices (Dell laptop and HP laptop). It could be that my router has some issues with Z10, because I didn't notice this happening on some other WiFi networks. But on the other hand I don't spend as much time on other wifi networks like at home. One morning I coudn't get it to properly connect, I tried everything, regular reset, hard reset, shutdown/power up, router restart, deleting connection and in all that time iPhone and HP laptop were normaly connected and using internet.
    Ya I totally agree with you, even I face the ditto issue with my z10 device. I don't know what would be the possible reason. I hope BlackBerry is hearing.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 05:52 AM
    I have been having these issues since upgrading to 10.2.1.2941....anyone else notice same after update?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    06-17-14 07:57 PM
    Turn off DATA SERVICES in your mobile network options. I've been having this issue as well and there's multiple threads on the topic. Seems like bb10 wifi data doesn't play well with cellular data also on.

When I turned it off, my wifi was instantly at full bars with no further issues.

Only problem is that you have to remember to turn data services back on when you leave the house/wifi area and are only on cellular otherwise you won't get data of course.

See screenshot below for reference - BlackBerry for sure knows about this issue so hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

Wifi signals weak on my z10-img_20140618_173257.png

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 05:36 PM
    The funny thing is, that prior to my last update, I never had this issue.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    06-18-14 11:26 PM
    Same here noticed after updating

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    06-19-14 10:18 PM