Hey guys,

I bought my BlackBerry Z10 less than a month ago.

The phone worked just fine. I bought it unlocked and have the STL100-1 version. Just 3 days ago I flew from Singapore to India and noticed that my wifi stopped working. I would switch it on and when I press the back button and get back to the settings screen, it shows that the wifi is off.

The blackberry doesn't show me any of the available connections but my other phone does.

And the worst part is that I can't even enter the details of the wifi network manually!!

Please help guys

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:55 AM
    That's a very strange bug. I haven't ever heard of anything like that.

What OS are you on?
    01-04-14 11:37 AM
    Have you restarted the phone. Note, the method varies for your model

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    01-04-14 11:40 AM
    F2 makes an excellent point. A hard reboot or a battery pull fixes many problems.
    01-04-14 11:51 AM
    okay guys,

I have the STL100-1 model and i tried the hard reboot as mentioned by F2 using the power button.

The phone still doesnt seem to connect to the Wifi networks. I cant really understand whats wrong
    I dont want to re install the OS or anything. I just want to get this phone working normal again.

My OS is 10.2.1.1055 if that helps.

Are there other things i can try like a simple bar file re-installation or something?
    01-05-14 12:40 AM
    okay guys,

I have the STL100-1 model and i tried the hard reboot as mentioned by F2 using the power button.

The phone still doesnt seem to connect to the Wifi networks. I cant really understand whats wrong
    I dont want to re install the OS or anything. I just want to get this phone working normal again.

My OS is 10.2.1.1055 if that helps.

Are there other things i can try like a simple bar file re-installation or something?
    Where did you get that OS? Must be a leak?

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-05-14 12:42 AM
    yes it is a leak,

I had a lot of issues when i upgraded my phone OTA with a 10.2.0.something update.
    The camera never worked and media never played so i got the leaked OS and everything worked fine

Even the wifi was working until only 4 days ago when it randomly stopped detecting networks
    01-05-14 12:48 AM
    You can try to delete (its called "forget saved networks" in the settings), then put your phone in flight mode, boot your phone with the Sim removed. Toggle flight mode off and see if any WiFi networks are picked up.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 12:54 AM
    1055 has that bug, had similar problems. A wipe after installing the leak solved it.

Read through 1055 thread same fix has been mentioned there too

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 12:54 AM
    Nothing seems to work.

Ive tried the toggle airplane mode on and off but it didnt resolve the issue
    01-05-14 01:31 AM
    Okay guys I managed to get things working again.

I just backed up my device and ran a security wipe.

And it worked.

Thanks a lot for all the help

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and FF22 like this.
    01-05-14 03:41 AM