I started getting problems connecting to my 5GHZ Wifi at home. The 5GHZ simply does not show up in the list after I disconnected and leave the house and when I come back home. Only a reboot solves the problem. My two PlayBooks don't have that problem. I even reset the router to factory settings.
    My router is a WNDR3400. I have the 2.4GHZ and the 5GHZ Profile saved on the phone. It always just connects to the 2.4GHZ profile on reconnect and the the 5GHZ isn't even in the list.
    I have noticed that if I delete all the profiles and reboot the phone, that both profiles show up again. Then I connect to the 5GHZ and it stays on until I log on to the 2.4GHZ and save it and that makes the 5GHZ not show up anymore until the next reboot.
    I have 10.2.0.1803 loaded with the. 1804 radio file. I even tried side loading the. 1810 radio file and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:08 AM
    I wish I had one solution to your problem, but WiFi issues are documented throughout the OS 10 forums. Like the early versions of ios there are deficiencies in OS 10 WiFi and BBRY seems to be in denial about it. In your situation I think range is an issue as 2.4 has greater range than 5. There are a variety of potential fixes including a dual band range extender or deactivating 2.4 if you prefer the speed of 5. Also, make sure your router has the latest firmware. There have been almost as many solutions as issues documented in CB posts making it difficult to search these threads for a fix to your problem and BBRY tech support isn't a whole lot of help. Good luck.

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.0.429
    01-09-14 08:35 AM
    I wish I had one solution to your problem, but WiFi issues are documented throughout the OS 10 forums. Like the early versions of ios there are deficiencies in OS 10 WiFi and BBRY seems to be in denial about it. In your situation I think range is an issue as 2.4 has greater range than 5. There are a variety of potential fixes including a dual band range extender or deactivating 2.4 if you prefer the speed of 5. Also, make sure your router has the latest firmware. There have been almost as many solutions as issues documented in CB posts making it difficult to search these threads for a fix to your problem and BBRY tech support isn't a whole lot of help. Good luck.

Is BB10 using the same wlan as the pb? I think 1.1
    01-09-14 08:38 AM
    Just to be sure, your two wifi profiles don't have either the same name or password right?
    01-09-14 08:38 AM
    I have (or had) the same exact issue. I ended up only using the 2.4Ghz network.

Funny thing though... I have 2 of the Z10's (both STL100-4) from Verizon. One of the phones has ALWAYS had this issue no matter what OS I run on it -including the official carrier provided version from VZW and several different leaks.
    But the other Z10 has never had any Wi-Fi issues.
    01-09-14 08:49 AM
    No, not the same names and not the same passwords. And I am about five feet away from the router and next to the two PlayBooks.
    I reboot the phone with both networks saved but Wifi off on the phone.
    Phone comes back on and I turn on Wifi.
    Phone connects to the 5GHZ.
    Then I go in the network list and connect it to the 2.4GHZ.
    It connects immediately.
    Then after a minute or so I try to connect to the 5GHZ and it times out, because after the error message the 5GHZ is gone from the list!
    It then connects back to the 2.4GHZ and the 5GHZ never shows up again unless I reboot the phone.
    Doing the same procedure to the PlayBooks has no issues.
    The reason I tried that is the fact whenever I leave the house and come back, no more 5GHZ available. Reboot is required.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:53 AM
    No, not the same names and not the same passwords. And I am about five feet away from the router and next to the two PlayBooks.
    It connects immediately.
    Then after a minute or so I try to connect to the 5GHZ and it times out, because after the error message the 5GHZ is gone from the list!
    It then connects back to the 2.4GHZ and the 5GHZ never shows up again unless I reboot the phone.
    The reason I tried that is the fact whenever I leave the house and come back, no more 5GHZ available. Reboot is required.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a 5GHZ wireless phone in the vacinity?

01-09-14 09:16 AM
    No, I do not have a cordless phone at home.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:22 AM
    After the 5Ghz one disappears, is it still in your saved profiles list? Possibly listed as "disabled"? I've had wifi profiles randomly disable themselves since 10.1 days.
    01-09-14 09:25 AM
    Yes it is still there and it shows enabled as well. But it just vanishes from the available networks list. I even enabled the 5GHZ guest network and same thing with it.
    I rebooted the phone one last time last night and connected it to the 5GHZ with the 2.4GHZ still enabled as well, and this morning it was still in the 5GHZ. It stayed connected all night.
    So it cannot be interference. Something is wrong with the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:45 AM
    Yes it is still there and it shows enabled as well. But it just vanishes from the available networks list. I even enabled the 5GHZ guest network and same thing with it.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say upgrade your os, but i'm on the latest and I still have problems with wifi. Although my wifi woes are different than yours so maybe it would fix yours?

You don't have another dual band router to compare to by chance? Also another thought, if you're determined and have the time, you could try to do a security wipe and reconnect the profiles to see if the problem reproduces. That would eliminate either the OS or your settings as the culprit.
    01-09-14 09:51 AM
    Also, you could temporarily disable security on your router for the two networks (just as a test ) to see if it's a saved security credentials issue. This is similar to my own wifi problems.
    01-09-14 09:54 AM
    I am going to go to a friends house tonight and try on his networks to see if it does the same thing. I have thought about doing a wipe, but didn't really have the time to set everything back up.
    I did disable the security on the 5GHZ network briefly, but no change. The guest network was open as well.
    I also found a newer radio file, it is 1810 vs. 1804, and made an autoloader from it and loaded it successfully. But the issue remains.
    That newer radio file works fine other than that, as I am still on it right now.
    I simply don't get why after connecting to 2.4GHZ the other just never shows up as available anymore until rebooting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:14 AM
    It is peculiar behavior for sure. I'd be curious if anyone with the same os as you could confirm it?
    01-09-14 10:23 AM
    That I would like to know as well. Obviously it cannot be a hardware issue, because then it would never show up at all, would not connect to it after a reboot and even stay on it all night.
    Something is buggy in this OS that makes the 5GHZ network unavailable after switching networks or turning Wifi off and on again.
    To be honest, I don't even know when this started, because when I get home I just see that it is connected to Wifi, but never bothered to see to which one until last night.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:33 AM
    Well good luck with your friends router, maybe that'll work.
    01-09-14 10:46 AM
    I can't wait to find out tonight.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:50 AM
    You should upgrade to the latest 10.2.1 leak. I've had some issues like this before and don't have any of them right now. I've experienced the same phenomenon with the LTE radio where only a reboot brings it back. The root cause of that issue was the radio file. 10.2.1.1055 was okay, the second leak (don't remember the number) gave me that kind of problem on my mom's Z10, and the problem is gone again in 10.2.1.1925. I had the LTE issue and the WiFi issue with missing SSID's on several of the 10.2.0.x leaks that I ran but I can't tell you which ones. Hope that helps
    Mozdony likes this.
    01-09-14 11:29 AM
    FWIW, I also thought the problem was my router. I bought a new one from a different brand and gave the old one to my brother. It didn't help
    01-09-14 11:30 AM
    Also just remembered that one time when I restored from backup, I had a lot of issues with my saved WiFi profiles. Ended up deleting them and manually re-adding them to get them to work correctly. I think that issue was back in 10.1.0.x though....
    01-09-14 11:34 AM
    I can confirm having the same problem as the OP. The Z10 /and/ PlayBooks will randomly have the 5 GHz SSID's disappear. A reboot of the Z10/PlayBook would resolve the problem. Once a 5 GHz connection is established, the signal strength is poor, especially if there is a wall in the way (somewhat expected due to a 5 GHz signal). Running a speed test showed that 2.4 GHz was more consistent than at 5 GHz, delivering a sustained throughput instead of quick bursts of speed as with 5 GHz.

In the end, I set up both profiles and let the device connect to whichever one it finds. It's not been a huge issue since both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz deliver about the same speed, 15-20 Mb/s down, 5-10 Mb/s up.

Router: Western Digital My Net N750
    Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.1.0.4200
    PlayBooks: 16 GB, 64 GB, OS 2.1.0.1753
    01-09-14 11:39 AM
    Try changing the channel of the 5ghz, my mac doesn't see my 5ghz when it's using a specific channel. May that will help

Z30, a bit in the heavy side but the Carbonate beta case rocks!
    01-09-14 11:40 AM
    I'm gonna try the channel change as well. Thanks for the tip. The default is 153 it says.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:51 AM
    Same here, I had a problem with 5GHz network, I did reboot and then it started working.
    01-09-14 12:21 PM
    It connects immediately.

Posted via CB10
    I have a dual band router from Netgear and my Z10, an STL100-3, running 10.2.1.1925 (with the .1926 radio) exhibits none of the problems outlined in your post. Mine lists my 5gb and 2.4gb bands in the wifi sub menu and switches between them at will and without problem. So, you might try installing the leak to upgrade you O.S.

P.S. Don't forget to find and install the .1926 radio which is not included in the .1925 leak.
    01-09-14 12:29 PM
85 123 ...