I'm having the worst time trying to set up my home wifi connection with my Verizon blackberry z10. All I get is authentication timed out. My phone connects to other wifi without passwords fine. Mine is a secure wifi connection and I know I'm using the right password the right way. I've found lots of articles online about changing the frequency of the router and all that. Seems way to difficult to do with this high tech phone. Am I missing something? I'm totally lost and would love some help!
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-05-13 03:23 PM
    Did you try to change the security? (WPA/WEP)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:29 PM
    I feel totally ignorant regarding all this but change the security on the phone or router settings? I literally need play by play...
    04-05-13 03:32 PM
    On the phone, when you add a network. There you need to fill the network's name and the security, also the password.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:57 AM
    What model of router do u have?

This would be great for us to know so we could help u better.

As for wpa security is the least u want to go on router. Setup in the router to wpa not wpa2 well depends on router. Setup to Aes encryption not Tkip, but if that's all u have us Tkip then use it. If u have both like aes/tkip setting use it.

Now I have a new linksys router e2700 and I run wpa/wpa2 setting without any issues, I just bought it this week as my old d - link wbr2310 router would freeze up, plus browsing would stall and router loses wifi connection, new router us dual band.

This us not a Z10 or playbook issue, but many routers older ones a even some new d-links suck.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-06-13 07:06 AM
    Yeah at first I can't connect to my old router, so I have to find it by myself via add button.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:06 PM