I'm not gonna lie... I love my Z10... and I love it more after this little discovery.

I enabled 'Access using Wi-Fi' on the Z10. After the brief setup, my Z10 shows up on my computer network as 2 drives (the built-in storage and the SD card storage). I simply drag and drop photos, music, video, documents into the folders, and BAM... they all get transferred wirelessly to my Z10. No need to connect with USB. How awesome is that?

Same thing with Print to Go... I just print stuff selecting 'Print to Go' as the printer, and they show up on my Z10.

I don't know if other phones have this feature built-in, but this is so darn useful! Love it!
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-07-13 11:25 AM
    I'm not gonna lie... I love my Z10... and I love it more after this little discovery.

I enabled 'Access using Wi-Fi' on the Z10. After the brief setup, my Z10 shows up on my computer network as 2 drives (the built-in storage and the SD card storage). I simply drag and drop photos, music, video, documents into the folders, and BAM... they all get transferred wirelessly to my Z10. No need to connect with USB. How awesome is that?

Same thing with Print to Go... I just print stuff selecting 'Print to Go' as the printer, and they show up on my Z10.

I don't know if other phones have this feature built-in, but this is so darn useful! Love it!
    Yes WiFi file transfer is available on all platforms, and there is iTunes on Apple. Of course you can also use other cloud services. (Dropbox et al). What did you do on your previous phones?
    04-07-13 12:12 PM
    Yes WiFi file transfer is available on all platforms, and there is iTunes on Apple. Of course you can also use other cloud services. (Dropbox et al). What did you do on your previous phones?
    You don't need link to access the Z10. Can you access the internal storage of an iPhone without iTunes?

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    sbx9900 likes this.
    04-07-13 12:33 PM
    You don't need link to access the Z10. Can you access the internal storage of an iPhone without iTunes?

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    Nope not out of the box you can't but if you jailbreak it then possibly.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:25 PM
    I had an Android phone... it's not possible without using a USB cable.

As for iphone, you need to download a wireless transfer app to your phone, open up your browser on the pc and upload files to it which will then transfer the files to your phone, I think.

With the Z10, it's native...and it shows up as a drive on your pc so you can just drag and drop files.

Either method works fine, but having it built-in for the Z10 is a plus.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    04-07-13 01:59 PM
    It's possible on most devices using apps, but the z10 has it built in, no need for bblink.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-07-13 02:01 PM
    All phones have it
    My s3 had it it was enabled in extra options. Anything abdroid has it as long as it is connected to wifi. I'm not sure how apple does it but it's probably not allowed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:01 PM

Do I need to have blackberry link installed?

I use only the z10, don't have a computer, but I'm wondering if I could do this with my girlfriends computer without installed the blackberry software.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:03 PM
    Do I need to have blackberry link installed?

I use only the z10, don't have a computer, but I'm wondering if I could do this with my girlfriends computer without installed the blackberry software.

Posted via CB10
    No need to install blackberry link. Just need to be on the same WiFi than your BlackBerry and a recent version of windows (i think it's windows vista and up)

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:08 PM
    Yeah but it's a pain to transfer files to the iphone/ipad. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I tried transferring a bunch of video files to iTunes so that it can put it on an ipad and itune can't even recognise the files. Took me 12 hours to convert them so that iTunes will accept them...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:11 PM
    You can even use a playbook and use ghost commander to move files from playbook to z10 over wifi. And best part, no need for special software to connect to your z10 or playbook over wifi to send en receive files.
    04-07-13 02:13 PM
    Yeah, I want to know how to disable it too. My storage and access setting shows disabled, yet I can still access it via wifi.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-07-13 02:14 PM
    That is really awesome, I am going to try that tomorrow once I finally get my Z10
    04-07-13 02:25 PM
    awesome feature. thanks for pointing that out!
    04-07-13 02:26 PM
    I'm not dissing this as a feature but the reaction to it shows how user expectations differ.

That's are basic features in 2013 (outside of ios maybe) and whilst it's welcome that BB are catching up it shows how far behind they were before os10.

I think that now they have the basic framework sorted the updates will come thick and fast. Due an upgrade in 9 months and looking forward to os 10.5 or 11.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 02:35 PM
    The z10 shows up on my finder but it can't connect. It's becoming very frustrating can someone try and help me with my problem? I really want to take advantage of this wonderful feature the z10 has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:05 AM
    The z10 shows up on my finder but it can't connect. It's becoming very frustrating can someone try and help me with my problem? I really want to take advantage of this wonderful feature the z10 has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 shows up as a "Shared" device but I can't drag anything into it from my iMac. I need the help too.
    04-08-13 01:37 AM
    04-08-13 01:48 AM
    I had an Android phone... it's not possible without using a USB cable.

As for iphone, you need to download a wireless transfer app to your phone, open up your browser on the pc and upload files to it which will then transfer the files to your phone, I think.

With the Z10, it's native...and it shows up as a drive on your pc so you can just drag and drop files.

Either method works fine, but having it built-in for the Z10 is a plus.

The day some of you realize that there are literally a bajillion Android phones out there, the angels will sing with joy.

Wifi sharing is native in over 80 - 90 million Samsung Galaxy phones sold last year.

You can sync files over Wifi with iOS via iTunes.
    04-08-13 07:26 AM
    Yeah, I want to know how to disable it too. My storage and access setting shows disabled, yet I can still access it via wifi.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    Just have to disable WiFi sharing in the settings

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:34 AM
    The day some of you realize that there are literally a bajillion Android phones out there, the angels will sing with joy.

Wifi sharing is native in over 80 - 90 million Samsung Galaxy phones sold last year.

You can sync files over Wifi with iOS via iTunes.
    Doesn't matter if it's on other phones or not and how they do it. I think the idea is to point out the feature in the Z10 and as you can see a lot of people is not aware of it existence... and will probably try it.

BTW if you have a password protected device, it could be a pain to use WiFi sharing cause you need a bit of knowledge on setting up networks on Windows to make the feature work.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:40 AM
    What's wrong with just putting any files you want to transfer into Dropbox, then open up Dropbox on the other device, tada! there's your file?
    04-08-13 11:52 AM
    Nope not out of the box you can't but if you jailbreak it then possibly.

Posted via CB10
    That's not true. For example : www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    04-08-13 11:55 AM
    This is a cool features I haven't paid much attention too. I definitely will now
    !

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:57 AM
    Oh dear somebody is pleased with a BB-Z10 feature, Attack Attack Attack!, What the F**k is wrong with you people.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-08-13 12:07 PM
28 12