Change Encryption type to AES

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-13 01:09 PM
    I had wifi problems with my z10. No problems with other devices lik laptop or playbook or tv.
    Still it was a router problem. After updating the firmware of the router the connection problem was gone.
    04-24-13 01:17 PM
    While searching around for a fix for my home wireless Z10 problem, I ran across this idea...
    On Real Help For Your Small Network - SmallNetBuilder I found an article about dual band routers and how running n and any other a,b or g on a single router can cause slowdowns. I tried shutting off the n associated band and setup the other band as g only. This gave me triple the speed I had before. The article was written in 07 and come to find out, my Linksys 600n was produced in 07. Bottom line here is I'm not completely sure that it's the whole problem, but I am in the market for a new router.
    And, on my 9900, I did have to go to AES instead of using TKIP for encryption. It boosted the speed a lot.
    So use what you can, here and we'll get this resolved. Me? I'm buying a new router.
    PS... Here's the article: 5 Ways To Fix Slow 802.11n Speed - SmallNetBuilder
    04-24-13 01:31 PM
    My signal is always strong, both at home or at work.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:38 PM
    People, people!!!
    I had the same issue and i found the solution.
    Solution:
    Play with the router's security settings and find the right kind of security. I messed around with it and all is good now. Actually, it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:44 PM
    People, people!!!
    I had the same issue and i found the solution.
    Solution:
    Play with the router's security settings and find the right kind of security. I messed around with it and all is good now. Actually, it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't really a solution... there are many times when I go to someone's house or just some public wifi, in those cases WiFi should be reliable.. Blackberry should look into this.
    04-24-13 01:58 PM
    Can you give more detail? IE Router make and model... Do you have any other WiFi devices on your network? What desktop OS and version are you using? And who is your cell provider?

Doesn't seem to be an issue that affects a large number of users so hard to pinpoint what is causing the issue.

Posted via CB10
    With me, it's two different setups, work and home. Together, about a dozen different pieces of hardware from phones to printers, laptops, game units, internet radio, etc. all work perfectly, all the time, at both locations. My last two Blackberries worked flawlessly as well throughout both locations.
    04-24-13 02:06 PM
    I've got three wifi networks in my area, the z10 will refuse to see any networks, it's a phone issue.

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely a phone issue. On the times it doesn't connect, like the other folks here, just tap Wi-Fi off and then on again and it will work perfectly (and STAY connected) for as long as you are at home (or in my case, also work.)
    Dozens of electronic items over a few years at two locations with three different routers- and ONLY the Z10 has issues.... Router problem?? Doubt it.
    04-24-13 02:32 PM
    It's definitely a phone issue. On the times it doesn't connect, like the other folks here, just tap Wi-Fi off and then on again and it will work perfectly (and STAY connected) for as long as you are at home (or in my case, also work.)
    Dozens of electronic items over a few years at two locations with three different routers- and ONLY the Z10 has issues.... Router problem?? Doubt it.
    Ok, sounds like the phone, but honestly, you'd be amazed. I'm not talking about just the Z10, I've seen crazier things when it comes to networking glitches... Two things I can think of, one of them is a big pain in the arse, but...

1. Have you gone into System Settings>Network Connections>Wi-Fi and click on Saved Networks. In there, click on your home network profile (when at home) and delete it. Reboot the phone and then try to reconnect to your home network and see if it remembers it.
    2. Backup your phone then reload the OS through Blackberry Link? Takes a bit longer, but if you haven't tried this, I'd give it a try.

Anyway, hopefully you can get it sorted out. B-dot offered help as a network admin as well if this doesn't pan out, not sure what else you could try if you're sure it's not router related. Cheers.
    04-24-13 04:38 PM
    TP link has good low cost routers for anyone in the market, I will recommend...

But first try updating your router software. Routers are funny things and I've seen the weirdest things happen and it's always to do with the ip address binding through the encryption. Believe it or not but many routers have trouble when connecting mac and pc at the same time if a security encryption is on like WEP. Turn the security off and everything is perfect. I do a lot of public/private hot spots and there's no wifi device that's immune from not connecting at times, especially the newer devices.

It very well could be the phone but my bets are in the security settings of the router. It is 99 out of 100 times.
    04-24-13 09:01 PM
    Yep! Put a new Netgear WNDR3700v4 in place tonight......quadrupled my speed!
    04-24-13 10:17 PM
    TP link has good low cost routers for anyone in the market, I will recommend...

But first try updating your router software. Routers are funny things and I've seen the weirdest things happen and it's always to do with the ip address binding through the encryption. Believe it or not but many routers have trouble when connecting mac and pc at the same time if a security encryption is on like WEP. Turn the security off and everything is perfect. I do a lot of public/private hot spots and there's no wifi device that's immune from not connecting at times, especially the newer devices.

It very well could be the phone but my bets are in the security settings of the router. It is 99 out of 100 times.
    I appreciate everyone's attempts to help; but several still insist it is a ROUTER problem when we are talking several routers, (3- I replaced one recently), over a few years, with over a dozen devices working fine (including two legacy BB's), at two different locations, and ONLY the Z-10 has issues under several different places/ scenarios/ routers. Plus, add to this the manual "on/off" routine on the Z10's Wi-Fi setting, that makes it connect perfectly 100% every time. Logical troubleshooting MUST point to a phone issue, guys!
    04-25-13 07:30 AM
    You should maybe seek having the phone replaced. I don't doubt that it could be the phone, but I would gear towards hardware issue over software issue. There's over a million z10's in use right now I haven't really heard much about this problem. If it were software more people would be speaking up?

I do remember a small bug I saw on one other thread. It shows you are connected to wifi but still uses carrier data. Could this be attributed to your problem of not connecting at all if maybe you have carrier data turned off?
    04-25-13 11:41 AM
    You should maybe seek having the phone replaced. I don't doubt that it could be the phone, but I would gear towards hardware issue over software issue. There's over a million z10's in use right now I haven't really heard much about this problem. If it were software more people would be speaking up?

I do remember a small bug I saw on one other thread. It shows you are connected to wifi but still uses carrier data. Could this be attributed to your problem of not connecting at all if maybe you have carrier data turned off?
    There are 4 people in this thread alone w/ the exact same problem (no connect until Wi-Fi off/ on tap) and another thread with the same issue I recently located. I'm not sure if it has been noted officially as a bug on the BB website, but I'm going to go over and check that now. Thing is, I bet there are many more people who may not even recognize the problem and not realize the little Wi-Fi icon is not showing.
    04-25-13 11:55 AM
    I'm with you. After the latest AT&T update my Z10 is not connecting automatically. Today it asked for my password - again! I put in the password and three times it failed. I pulled the battery and when it came on, it worked fine. It's the phone!!
    04-25-13 07:47 PM
    I'm having problems connecting to my router as well. It keeps dropping the connection. It seems to alleviate the problem when I switch it to 2.4GHz rather than dual band. Even then it keeps dropping connection, just takes a longer time between disconnections.

I'm on data most times, but it'd be great to have everything working as it should. Gonna head to the service center during my vacation and find out for sure if it's my phone that's acting up. Cos I have issues with GPS as well. Could be an antenna issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:13 PM
41 12