Hello fellow BBz10 users I waited as much as you all did for a new and upgraded blackberry phone, but right after Z10 launched was announced my provider also announced that they were getting the iphones, so now i was confused whether to get the bb10 or iphone. since I've been a bb user i decided to get the bb10. When setting up my new phone I was completely surprised that it didn't come with wifi-calling which is very important for me, I then called customer support and i was told that wifi calling wasn't available on the phone as of now but expecting a software update and hopping that will fix that issue. do any one in this forum knows anything about wifi calling software-update?
    04-24-13 11:55 AM
    You can face time or something right now, face flow maybe. Skype is coming shortly! If you have a PlayBook you'll know that when blackberry says shortly, they mean it!...

Anyways I'd say by summer you'll get Skype and by the end of the year you will get a few more.

Don't loose faith, platform is here and the developers are developing
    04-24-13 12:00 PM
    Op, there is rumor of getting an OS update that will allow for wifi calling, in the meantime, there is no real fix. Talk to your carrier to get more minutes on your line if you need to.
    04-24-13 12:02 PM
    can I face-time to other device? or does it has to be from BB10 to bb10 only, i had a playbook but due to lack of applications i gave it away, they promised that they were getting netflix app etc. and it never happened during the 13 months I had the play-book. I hope this wifi update isn't gonna take that long. thanks for the reply.
    04-24-13 12:29 PM
    it not about calling time, it is about getting and receiving calls where there is not network connections.
    04-24-13 12:31 PM
    Skype is quite soon on the bb10.1 update
    04-24-13 01:10 PM
    can I face-time to other device? or does it has to be from BB10 to bb10 only, i had a playbook but due to lack of applications i gave it away, they promised that they were getting netflix app etc. and it never happened during the 13 months I had the play-book. I hope this wifi update isn't gonna take that long. thanks for the reply.
    Blackberry to blacberry BBM calls is through the wifi network, and #2, at NO TIME, was netflix ever promised for the Playbook, neither was Skype... So before that goes any farther into discussion, I'm putting that out there.

Skype will be here after the 10.1 update in the coming weeks (permitting your carrier releases it)
    04-24-13 01:17 PM
    Op, there is rumor of getting an OS update that will allow for wifi calling, in the meantime, there is no real fix. Talk to your carrier to get more minutes on your line if you need to.
    I'm running the 10.1 leak..... no wifi calling love there yet.....
    04-24-13 01:58 PM
    I'm running the 10.1 leak..... no wifi calling love there yet.....
    ya that's why I said it was a rumor, because even my friend (who works for BB) doesn't know if and when it might be added.
    04-24-13 02:10 PM
    Any idea of an update on the software that will include wifi calling?

thank you,
    06-18-13 12:40 PM
    But good luck getting it to work.... slew of errors
    11-30-13 10:34 PM