One thing that I really found useful on legacy BB's was the way the notifications worked- Vibrate FIRST, then audible tone. This was VERY handy because I have always had jobs where I deal directly with the public and also hold regular meetings. When the phone vibrates, and I am working with a client or in a meeting, I just tapped the button and no tone interrupting. Now, the vibration comes AFTER the tone- doesn't make sense to me. I know I can always set the phone to silent, yada, yada, but I liked that I didn't have to remember to shut the tones off and then back on. does this bug anyone else?
    06-08-13 08:24 AM
    Absolutely. I did appreciate being able to catch it before my ringer interrupted.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:36 AM
    Absolutely. I did appreciate being able to catch it before my ringer interrupted.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's some of these little things that BB HAD to know were handy (or unique to them) and would seem easy enough to replicate on BB10 (the versitility with notifications, the "headless app" deal, multiple alarms, the colored LED, etc.) Maybe they need better marketing to discover what unique features they had that people still want>>>
    06-08-13 09:30 AM
    This is my first BlackBerry but I have read up on what the older phones did and I agree they have lost some of the great features they had. The vibrate then tone was a good one.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 03:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure it does vibrate then ring with 10.1 OS.

- Epically posted via CB10 on Z10!
    06-09-13 10:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure it does vibrate then ring with 10.1 OS.

- Epically posted via CB10 on Z10!
    I hope you're right. That feature was another reason why I loved my BB.

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    06-09-13 01:36 PM
    Unfortunately I was wrong - they seem to ring and vibrate as good as simultaneously.
    The ringtones and sounds I was using before had a 1-2 second pause before kicking in, so I got fooled by that.
    Stock sounds ring immediately...

It's not a major deal to add the pause on a computer manually thou, unless you change ringtones every day etc.
    06-10-13 02:15 AM
    One thing that I really found useful on legacy BB's was the way the notifications worked- Vibrate FIRST, then audible tone. This was VERY handy because I have always had jobs where I deal directly with the public and also hold regular meetings. When the phone vibrates, and I am working with a client or in a meeting, I just tapped the button and no tone interrupting. Now, the vibration comes AFTER the tone- doesn't make sense to me. I know I can always set the phone to silent, yada, yada, but I liked that I didn't have to remember to shut the tones off and then back on. does this bug anyone else?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    06-10-13 02:40 AM
    I totally agree, this was one of the clever things BB did that made it a decent business tool.

I love my Z10, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with little stuff like this and am almost ready to bail.
    09-10-13 02:50 PM
    If one turns the vol all way down, one has vibrate only

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:58 PM