To give answers like that one, it is better for you to keep quiet.

I only stated was is notorious, and if your are a extremmly devoted eyes blinded BB fan, keep posting like that, but accepting the truth is complicated isn't it?
    Can you name at least 1 innovation, beside the lack of home button that is incorporated in BB 10?

Grow up before you accuse people of what you don't know.
    The problem here is that reviews are becoming too black n white and too inconsistent. Either u are a reviewer that is excited or you're a reviewer that condemns it right out the gate. And ppl who want to be excited about what BlackBerry can do get frustrated with this. Its not misguided or about drinking the juice. Its about being optimistic. This is new. It needs time! And this "too little too late" sentiment does indeed get frustrating as it sounds like people want BlackBerry to fail. Also,this notion that BlackBerry has to do something so revolutionary is ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Bgr is already on that bandwagon and it stinks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    02-06-13 05:59 AM
    Rican, i totally agree with you, and as i started by saying that BB 10 was for me, a long waited release which i have been following quite close.

Beside the lack of inspiration that CEO gives on stage, and all the innovations that come along QNX, this is still to little, to buggy, and history will tell if too late. I'm not condemning anyone, as I was as excited as many of the core BB fans! but after 1 morning with it in my hands, the lack of proper sync with Gmail (bug issues and i think will be corrected in the next couple of days, 30 days message push only), application flop, no real multi-tasking solution like, per instance, Samsung with multi-window ( a good first approach but, once more, to few).

I would really like to love this phone, and if BB is quick enough to correct the major issues that are going on and updates the platform, probably i will in a short time, but presently, there is no major valid point for some one to change from a android/windows/apple ecosystem to BB, just the opposite.
    02-06-13 06:11 AM
    How can you judge a new technology in only 2 days? I don't expect to be comfortable with it that soon.
    02-06-13 06:49 AM
    BlackBerry needs to focus now on fast OS updates, a fix for gmail and proper sync, try to strike a deal for google maps, netflix, hulu, whatsapp and other messengers, YouTube, skype, and all the big big name apps that are available on both Android and ios

I don't care so much about the good old school apps that were blackberry exclusives, like bebuzz,beweather,etc. Right now, the big name company apps is what they need so that users can still feel safe switching over and not losing functionality.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:26 AM
    To give answers like that one, it is better for you to keep quiet.

I only stated was is notorious, and if your are a extremmly devoted eyes blinded BB fan, keep posting like that, but accepting the truth is complicated isn't it?
    Can you name at least 1 innovation, beside the lack of home button that is incorporated in BB 10?

Grow up before you accuse people of what you don't know.
    Can you name 1 from Apple after the iphone 3gs???/

Don't worry, I'll wait....
    02-06-13 07:36 AM
    Can you name 1 from Apple after the iphone 3gs???/

Don't worry, I'll wait....
    That's exactly why this revolutionary leap forward that everyone keeps expecting Blackberry to take is completely unrealistic. As of right now, I see them on the right path and will give them their time. And this is coming from me, a guy who vented passionately about the camera resets, freezing, the continuous hour glass, the white screen, constant reboot loops, appworld purchase bugs, etc.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    MizMiMi02 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:46 AM
    however if there was a s3 or a z10 on a table, there is very little reason to tell someone to choose a z10 over the s3, with the s3 being the established leader at the moment.
    Not really.

Based on having used an S3 and reading specs, reviews, comments from actual users on Z10:

1. Look and feel - S3 is all plastic. Doesn't even match up to Z10 here.
    2. S3 has "half" the RAM. A quad-core yes but given that's related to performance, and seeing how quick the browser is on Z10 plus how fluid the "flow" on Z10 is, and given that Z10 is meant for multi-tasking, dual-core or quad-core isn't a issue here.
    3. The navigation on Z10 is super easy (per the videos and demos, and reviews). Simple swipe gets you everywhere. Just a peek to check anything on your cell. On S3 the good old central home button mutliple-presses for everything. Doesn't match up to Z10 in the ease of use as well.
    4. Do you get free video and audio calls on S3(BBM10)? Direct access to all notifications without ever going out of whatever you're on?
    5. Apps? All the basic, actually used apps (Banking apps, Whatsapp, Social n/w apps) are available across all the 4 platforms - BB,iOS, Android, Windows. With BB 10 open for devs now, fancy apps shouldn't really be deal-breaker.
    6. Can you skip tracks without unlocking your phone or without taking your phone out of holster with S3?
    7. The keyboard? It's a BB. No questions asked.
    8. Not that it makes a huge difference, but going by how stupidly Phandroids or FanBois compare, even the resolution on S3 (1280x720) is lower than that of Z10 (1280x780) (Yes this one's a special tribute to all those awesome comparisons from Phandroids or Fanbois)

So, looks, usability, smoothness, and speed - I don't see S3 scoring on these when against Z10. Apps? Yes, though I am never gonna have more than 20-30 really "usable" apps on my phone anyway ( but that's totally subjective).
    omega supreme likes this.
    02-06-13 08:17 AM
    I actually found the review from the verge pretty good. I pretty much agree with the conclusion too. What I understood from the conclusion was that BB10 has more or less caught up with other platforms with a modern OS, but there's nothing significant that it can do that other devices can't. It does some things better than others (like gestures, unified inbox), but others does some things better than it too. So if you're an existing iOS and Android user, there's really not much reason to switch now if you're happy with what you have. Which i think is true. I'm a BB fan, and will be getting a Z10 without a doubt, but even I can't disagree with this conclusion. Both iOS and Android has come a long way, both are feature rich, and ecosystem rich.

The reviewer also went through some minor quirks in the OS that a few reviewers have mentioned. Like the lack of consistency in the way you navigate in apps (swiping back or sometimes a back button, which the playbook has as well, with the back button sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right), like how the hub stays at your last read message instead of going to the newest, so when you use peek the list is where you last left it instead of showing the newest. Kevin also has a post here regarding some of these quirks as well, so its not just the nitpicking of one guy. Of course these are things that could be fixed with software updates etc. The question is how soon.

Also from many reviews, it seems that the hardware is a little lackluster too, with the most obvious being the camera. Its not bad, but its not great. Which obviously will get picked apart by critics. But all in all, i think that generally the review has been pretty decent, with many citing potential for the platform. But BlackBerry has to really be on their toes at putting out software updates to fix the issues that users, reviewers are reporting. Of course they need to continue building their ecosystem, and try and convince developer to go native instead of porting Android apps over. It diminishes the BB10 experience when you tap and hold something in an app, and the pop-up is from android. Its good in a way that we can get a lot of much needed apps from Android over to the platform in the shortest time possible, but its really not ideal in the long run imo. I doubt 4.1 will help much too.

At this point i think iOS, Android, WP8, and BB10 all has their strengths and weaknesses. Its again up to consumers to determined themselves their hierarchy of needs. Its not whether that device is better than another, its more of whether that device suit your needs and wants better than another.
    infamyx likes this.
    02-06-13 08:26 AM
    I am a convinced user and blackberry lover. I'm waiting for my Q10 to replace my 9900.
    I just want to have arguments for other people to bring them to love and buy BB10 phones.
    You said something pretty useful and so true ! "if you think you will like it then by all means go for it."
    This is The Answer
    If you are waiting just to get the keyboard then I would suggest you at least try the Z10 out. I never thought I would like the full touch screen but was VERY impressed with it. I typed as fast as I could with no errors(I dont have small thumbs either). The swipe up makes it even faster but only works if you can see well up close because the words are very small. Not sure if there is a way to make them bigger or not. I would at least try the phone out. Having the full screen when not typing is great.
    On another note I'm taking mine back today for other reason. Great phone though but not for me. I'm going back to my 9900 for now.
    02-06-13 10:29 AM
    If you are waiting just to get the keyboard then I would suggest you at least try the Z10 out. I never thought I would like the full touch screen but was VERY impressed with it. I typed as fast as I could with no errors(I dont have small thumbs either). The swipe up makes it even faster but only works if you can see well up close because the words are very small. Not sure if there is a way to make them bigger or not. I would at least try the phone out. Having the full screen when not typing is great.
    On another note I'm taking mine back today for other reason. Great phone though but not for me. I'm going back to my 9900 for now.
    I'm curious though... If you say it has such a great keyboard and you obviously enjoy the full screen and are impressed, then what makes the phone not for you. I just want to get your perspective since you spoke so highly of it.

02-06-13 11:42 AM
    I'm curious though... If you say it has such a great keyboard and you obviously enjoy the full screen and are impressed, then what makes the phone not for you. I just want to get your perspective since you spoke so highly of it.

Well the phone great but I just can't seem to get used to having the non BB features Im used to. No way to instantly password lock the phone, crappy ring tone selection, hub seems cluttered and confusing, checking emails/deleting emails/etc... seem to take longer, no distinctive LED light colors for different profiles, no BIS, no physical key to hang up phone or tone to confirm hang up, I can't get used to not having a track pad to select/scroll etc, App selection just isn't there, I wanted to use that balance feature to have two different profiles but I guess you need BES...
    I just don't feel that Blackberry feeling I'm used to and am not willing to move on from that. Still a great phone though...
    02-06-13 12:52 PM
    Well the phone great but I just can't seem to get used to having the non BB features Im used to. No way to instantly password lock the phone, crappy ring tone selection, hub seems cluttered and confusing, checking emails/deleting emails/etc... seem to take longer, no distinctive LED light colors for different profiles, no BIS, no physical key to hang up phone or tone to confirm hang up, I can't get used to not having a track pad to select/scroll etc, App selection just isn't there, I wanted to use that balance feature to have two different profiles but I guess you need BES...
    I just don't feel that Blackberry feeling I'm used to and am not willing to move on from that. Still a great phone though...
    Password lock: third party app?

Ring tones: can't use outside ringtones?

Hub: isn't it just like the classic "messages" icon?

LED: Again, third party app?

BIS: Why do u require that middle man?

App store: will grow with popularity.

Everything else.... I hear ya. I'm just pointing out that a lot of stuff u mentioned sounds like it either has a remedy or will soon have one.

I'm only asking for true honest perspective.... Not to bust ballz... If u know what i mean.

02-06-13 01:11 PM
    Password lock: third party app?

Ring tones: can't use outside ringtones?

Hub: isn't it just like the classic "messages" icon?

LED: Again, third party app?

BIS: Why do u require that middle man?

App store: will grow with popularity.

Everything else.... I hear ya. I'm just pointing out that a lot of stuff u mentioned sounds like it either has a remedy or will soon have one.

I'm only asking for true honest perspective.... Not to bust ballz... If u know what i mean.

I would need a more expensive data plan because of no BIS.
    I don't like granting a bunch of third party apps full access to my phone. The fewer apps on my phone the better.
    I could download ring tones if I knew where to get them from and if I knew how to put them on my phone.
    The HUB is just well a bit annoying for me to use... just my opinion...
    02-06-13 01:30 PM
    >The Verge = Apple lickers
    Well Engadget are. I never used to believe all that "site gets pair for" "shills are .." stuff.
    But in 2012, after Tim Stevens published his "glowing" iPad Mini review the comments section was full of hate (which isn't untypical granted). But what was amazing, is that they had a mob of moderators removing every post that criticised the article. I'm talking within seconds, posts were removed, loads of them. I've never seen anything like this in my years on the Internet. It was censorship. I now read Engadget with a very cynical head on. They truly do shape public opinion and they are very pro Apple. The other observation, is that the vocal few always shout down the balanced reasonable many. I have a list of circa 20 active posters who whenever seeing a Microsoft post jump in with trolling hate. You would think Windows 8 is the worst piece of software ever if you listened to those guys. You might not like Metro aesthetically, but Windows 8 is still a better Windows than 7. I actually like it. Buy hey **.
    02-06-13 03:38 PM
    Thanks for this thread! My phone company is making an offer for an upgrade. I'm currently using a Galaxy S2. Can't decide if I want the S3 or the Z10.
    I guess I'm worried most about the apps. I remember when things came out with iphone apps first, then you had to wait 5 months for it to have an android version. Now they fairly reliably come out simultaneously. I'd hate to be stuck with that again (or even worse based on the Playbook's record).
    I don't use that many apps, but I really would like the ~10 that I use daily to be over there and I'm not sure they are.
    I have yet to hold either the Z10 or the S3 in my hand to see how they feel (or see the new Jellybean OS looks like), so I'll do that. But right now I'm with the OP and having trouble deciding in Z10 is worth it. I actually really really want the Z10 to be worth it.... I'm just worried/conflicted I suppose :S

The S3 seems comfortable, as its what I know (android) and I can probably keep everything I already have the same. The Z10 seems very exciting, and mostly comparable hardware (I'm not much of a hardware junkie anyways), but riskier.
    02-07-13 04:37 PM
65 123