Hello guys,

Beyond our BB Love and the new smartphones, Z10 and Q10, i read these tests and reviews.

I must say that i'm pretty disappointed to read this.

For the BB sake we want the most beautiful and powerful phone. We, and Blackberry, just deserve to get the best phone ever.

I really do not know what to think about all that.

The Verge conclusion :
    "If you love RIM and the BlackBerry brand and really want to keep supporting them, buying a Z10 wouldn't be a mistake. But I think there are better phones on the market, and I don't yet see a compelling reason for most customers to choose this phone over those better ones. So why the Z10? Why now? Until BlackBerry can answer that question, I would be careful about how you spend your money."

Let you see :

Appy Geek

Appy Geek

BlackBerry Z10 review: a new life, or life support? | The Verge
    02-04-13 03:26 AM
    read more, plenty of positive reviews out there
    02-04-13 04:03 AM
    Although i read around and i do respect the "professional" advice i am going to judge for myself. Its a brand new device , of course it will have its flaws.... I would see what actual users have to say. The major point is the User Interface. if you think you will like it then by all means go for it. I personally think that its revolutionary. All the rest will come. apps etc are easy to bring on board....
    02-04-13 04:15 AM
    Hello,

I read a lot of things. I am a BB lover and i'm looking for specific arguments to respond to peoples who read reviews like i posted. I think there is a lot of positive issues based on the OS.
    But what i don't know how to answer deals with the specs. Why the camera on low lightning has nothing good compared to the others smartphones like Lumia, Iphone and Galaxy ? Why the Nexus 4 which is less expensive and older have better hardware specs ?
    02-04-13 04:16 AM
    the best slant i can find is that the phone is a very good phone.
    however if there was a s3 or a z10 on a table, there is very little reason to tell someone to choose a z10 over the s3, with the s3 being the established leader at the moment.
    this is why i hoped blackberry would be more aggressive with their pricing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Yass85 likes this.
    02-04-13 04:17 AM
    I am a convinced user and blackberry lover. I'm waiting for my Q10 to replace my 9900.
    I just want to have arguments for other people to bring them to love and buy BB10 phones.
    You said something pretty useful and so true ! "if you think you will like it then by all means go for it."
    This is The Answer
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    02-04-13 04:21 AM
    I just want to have arguments for other people to bring them to love and buy BB10 phones.:
    I would think that reviews from actual users are a better place to look. I usually ignore the 5/5 and the 1/5 star reviews and focus on the middle. Those reviews contain less emotion and often times more of what I need.
    kbz1960, Spencerdl, Yass85 and 3 others like this.
    02-04-13 04:50 AM
    Most reviewers won't take the risk to recommend people switching to Z10 from iOS and Android. They have so much invested in iPhone and Android phones.. risks on their reputation is at stake. That said, none of the reviewers I read had said Z10 is a bad device, just that it is not a better device than iOS and Android..and I think that's a balanced way to sum it up
    Dafunkhead and Yass85 like this.
    02-04-13 04:52 AM
    I am a S3 owner, have pre ordered my Z10, picking it up on Tuesday. I had bold 9700 a few years ago and since then have swapped between Galaxy S2, Iphone 4S, Galaxy S3. Got bored with the limits of Iphone, and the androids just seem buggy. The more personalisation apps i put on it, the worse it performs. Going back to Blackberry where the OS and hardware were both solid and reliable. I just hope Blackberry haven't changed too much.
    02-04-13 07:35 AM
    I am a S3 owner, have pre ordered my Z10, picking it up on Tuesday. I had bold 9700 a few years ago and since then have swapped between Galaxy S2, Iphone 4S, Galaxy S3. Got bored with the limits of Iphone, and the androids just seem buggy. The more personalisation apps i put on it, the worse it performs. Going back to Blackberry where the OS and hardware were both solid and reliable. I just hope Blackberry haven't changed too much.
    Agreed.

My experience with the Galaxy S2 killed me on non-stock Android. I was just tired of installing firmwares, worrying about which modem file to use for the best reception, wondering if one ROM would be better than the official stock one, waiting for updates based on when the manufacturer (like Samsung) or the carrier decide to get around to doing it... For sure there are a great many things to like about Android but the core OS is really, really buggy. I still call it the Frankenstein OS because nothing seems to go together the right way (though it has gotten better in recent releases). It's why I decided that if I were to continue using Android, I would go stock and I got myself a Nexus 4 (so at least I wouldn't have to wait on manufacturer or carrier delays and hopefully there will be less firmware issues).

And now I wonder if I will ever use the Nexus if the Z10 or Q10 gives me no regrets. I'm okay with things maybe changing in BB10 but I just hope they haven't taken away some key feature that I relied on as that would be... disappointing.
    mount.zed likes this.
    02-04-13 08:50 AM
    why the z10? why now? Those are 2 very loaded questions! The benefits of the z10 have been confirmed, better pix den than iphone 5, fastest browser, better messaging/keyboard, fluid os, bbm, great design and build quality, multitasking galore, top notch security, new approach to navigating it all, etc etc... Why now???? Ummmm! How the heck does anyone answer that question????? Ask Apple or Google when they started.... why now??? I honestly don't get a lot of these reviews that simply want to be negative just for the sake of being negative! BGR is notorious for that! And this is me, the most negative BB user on the planet 2 years ago!
    ibpluto and Yass85 like this.
    02-04-13 08:58 AM
    The final straw for Android (Galaxy Nexus) for me was when the primary launcher got updated, and then it would crash on start and go into a crash loop, essentially bricking the phone. Had to factory reset the phone to get it operational again. Never again, Thanks.

Agreed.

My experience with the Galaxy S2 killed me on non-stock Android. I was just tired of installing firmwares, worrying about which modem file to use for the best reception, wondering if one ROM would be better than the official stock one, waiting for updates based on when the manufacturer (like Samsung) or the carrier decide to get around to doing it... For sure there are a great many things to like about Android but the core OS is really, really buggy. I still call it the Frankenstein OS because nothing seems to go together the right way (though it has gotten better in recent releases). It's why I decided that if I were to continue using Android, I would go stock and I got myself a Nexus 4 (so at least I wouldn't have to wait on manufacturer or carrier delays and hopefully there will be less firmware issues).

And now I wonder if I will ever use the Nexus if the Z10 or Q10 gives me no regrets. I'm okay with things maybe changing in BB10 but I just hope they haven't taken away some key feature that I relied on as that would be... disappointing.
    02-04-13 09:04 AM
    Then you are in for a shock. Blackberry has completely changed from the ground up. I think for the better but people saying "I miss my old blackberry so I'm coming back" are in for a culture shock. This isn't the Blackberry of old, and I for one am thankful for that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-13 09:12 AM
    Well,I was almost read to send my iPhone off to recycle � after a weekend using the Z10 it went back to the store for a refund.
    Why, well, many reasons for that desicion. Firstly, the battery life was even worse than the iPhones. Secondly, the Z10 took forever to start up, I thought the iPhone was slow but this was bad. Third, I found the Hub, as good as an idea as it is, confusing to say the least. Having all the messages etc in one area was a fine idea but I found it to be badly thought out. It was difficult to sort out the messages, new and old, as it wasn't colour coded to instantly show what was what. Finally, the apps installed were bad and made Apples Maps app look good. The Maps app was crap � no, that's not an exaggeration � the web browser couldn't lay out web pages without overlapping text over text, try looking at the Evernote web site to see what I mean.
    On its own, it's not a bad mobile phone. I felt just right size wise and the soft rubberised back was lovely. The screen was an odd mix, nice but just to dark. �I kept having to brighten it up. But it was the OS that was the big fail: it just wasn't read for the launch even if it was a year late coming out. Too many bugs, yes I know it's a new OS, but it really wasn't ready as there were a few times when it wouldn't let me back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Dlanod likes this.
    02-04-13 09:53 AM
    I know I'll get flamed for expressing a negative view but having owned a Z10 for a couple of days and tested it against iPhone 5, S3 and HTC 8X I have to say I couldn't recommend it over these.

The hardware is beautiful, perfectly balanced in the hand, keyboard the best I've used but there are too many odd OS choices like hitting text messages and getting the last email you opened, 30 days emails sync for Gmail, no notifications with content, fixed profiles,

If you're happy to trust BlackBerry to quickly fix these and manage to get the core Apps up there fine. But after the Playbook fiasco and the fact they've had a long time to get this right I'm afraid that I don't trust them.

And the 70K apps - like iOS and Android most of them are junk but the key difference is that the decent Apps are AWOL too.

My Z10 is now back with the retailer.
    02-04-13 09:53 AM
    The Verge = Apple lickers
    02-04-13 09:56 AM
    I didn't think the Z10 was lagging that far behind in any category. It's running a dual core which is more than enough for any OS currently. It's sporting a better screen than apple at a higher resolution and higher pixel density. It's camera could probably have been a better lens, but its not terrible, it's not a deal breaker at least in my case. It's got as much RAM as any other device.

It contends with top phones now, but of course their new series will start rolling out this year, so hopefully RIM had prepared for that (they said 10 devices being pumped out this year I think).

The only thing that bothers me is that it's not Gorilla Glass. What exactly are they using then? How strong is it?

I'm sure the BBW is weak right now. But if BB takes off so will it, they still have a larger name than WP and in my opinion a better app selection.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-04-13 09:59 AM

The only thing that bothers me is that it's not Gorilla Glass. What exactly are they using then? How strong is it?
    It's supposed to have similar features, just no GG as far as branding tho...

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 10:09 AM
    Hmmmm.... seems to be a lot of users getting a device only released for 2 days and returning it.. some have limited post..... just paranoid I guess.... as for the professional tech reviewers...waste of time... all sites have their favourates... many being Apple... some Android... many generate most of their revenue from said companies.... finally to post a review after using it for a day is rediculous to me at least.... just like those who write off their phone.... seems to me you need at least a month to adeqately judge a device....
    02-04-13 10:12 AM
    Then you are in for a shock. Blackberry has completely changed from the ground up. I think for the better but people saying "I miss my old blackberry so I'm coming back" are in for a culture shock. This isn't the Blackberry of old, and I for one am thankful for that.
    What i meant was, i hope that the Z10 is as reliable as my old 9700.
    02-04-13 10:23 AM
    What i meant was, i hope that the Z10 is as reliable as my old 9700.
    I'm sure it is. I don't get the feeling that Blackberry forgot where they came from. Even the hub looks a bit oldschool... Which is a nice feeling for us old BB users

02-04-13 10:38 AM
    Well,I was almost read to send my iPhone off to recycle � after a weekend using the Z10 it went back to the store for a refund.
    Why, well, many reasons for that desicion. Firstly, the battery life was even worse than the iPhones. Secondly, the Z10 took forever to start up, I thought the iPhone was slow but this was bad. Third, I found the Hub, as good as an idea as it is, confusing to say the least. Having all the messages etc in one area was a fine idea but I found it to be badly thought out. It was difficult to sort out the messages, new and old, as it wasn't colour coded to instantly show what was what. Finally, the apps installed were bad and made Apples Maps app look good. The Maps app was crap � no, that's not an exaggeration � the web browser couldn't lay out web pages without overlapping text over text, try looking at the Evernote web site to see what I mean.
    On its own, it's not a bad mobile phone. I felt just right size wise and the soft rubberised back was lovely. The screen was an odd mix, nice but just to dark. �I kept having to brighten it up. But it was the OS that was the big fail: it just wasn't read for the launch even if it was a year late coming out. Too many bugs, yes I know it's a new OS, but it really wasn't ready as there were a few times when it wouldn't let me back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    i thought you were trolling and you confirmed it when you tried to claim the maps is worse than apples maps.
    every review i have read puts the maps as functional and more accurate then apple maps.
    battery life is average also in all tests.
    yeah nice try, but try not making outlandish statements that are hopelessly false next time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    galleon likes this.
    02-04-13 10:42 AM
    This sounds like me as well. Currently on S3. Previously on Iphone, Iphone 3, Galaxy Nexus, Iphone 4. I have a short attention span. The truth is, Iphone works well but is limited. S3 is a great all around phone but battery life is lacking and email (My most important function) is inadequate. I was hoping that in time BB new device would be the email solution I need and provide enough fun factor and utlility as the others. Not certain that is the case just yet. Hopefully soon though.
    02-04-13 10:44 AM
    You get the impression that some people might have purchased the phone knowing that they would return it - just so they could slag the phone. I suppose this happened to Nokia, Apple and Samsung as well. Legitimate buyers would work through soft ware issues because they know there will be updates.

Even so there are some irritants that BB needs to be concerned with . It would be impossible to create a phone which suits everyone. I get the impression though that BB put a lot of effort into the Jam sessions to get their 70,000 apps. The fact is though that most people are only concerned with the most popular apps like Instagram. I am wondering if BB might have put too much emphasis on the App number and not enough on the O/S testing . Just a thought ... do not know this to be true.
    02-04-13 11:18 AM
    I think a bigger emphasis needs to be on major name app releases... Like google maps, whatsapp, netflix, etc. We can all wait for the small time developers to make kewl and creative things. But when the major name apps and services that ppl have become acustom to using are not there, i can see the frustration. So basically, the moral of the story is.... Quality, not quantity.

02-04-13 11:41 AM
65 123