Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I am a proud BlackBerry customer. I own many BlackBerry devices, across all four of their OS platforms, and have used BlackBerry since 2005. I believe they all serve a purpose even today. As a champion for the Z10, it's my job to help those who own one, and to find ways to get the most out of this device.

The Z10 will always be a seminal device for me, because it was the first device I ever bought at launch, and is the only device I still own from new - I am the first and only owner of my Z10.

This forum has been a little quiet. Let's wake up and hear from other Z10 owners. Good, bad, or ugly, tell us your Z10 story.
    nichigo13 and vincentkong like this.
    04-03-18 07:35 AM
    Still using mine everyday. In my opinion it is the best size.

Posted via CB10
    Just TM likes this.
    04-03-18 07:54 AM
    Still my daily driver. I have a KEYone for Android apps and for browsing Web sites that don't render properly on the Z10, but I use my Z10 90+% of the time.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-03-18 08:41 AM
    It was ok but the battery life was terrible. The z30 was what the z10 should have been to start with.
    04-03-18 09:44 AM
    It was ok but the battery life was terrible. The z30 was what the z10 should have been to start with.
    For me, everything about the Z30 is better than the Z10 except for the size and the screen brightness. I found the Z30 too big and too dim, but otherwise agree.

04-03-18 10:52 AM
    The Z10 was the main reason why I never used a BB10 device again. HORRIBLE experience!
    04-03-18 11:04 AM
    Still using mine everyday. In my opinion it is the best size.

Posted via CB10
    It is the perfect size, in my opinion, for a touchscreen device. It's compact, light, and comfortable.
    Just TM likes this.
    04-03-18 11:44 AM
    The Z10 was the main reason why I never used a BB10 device again. HORRIBLE experience!
    Explain.
    04-03-18 11:45 AM
    Did buoy have specific problems with the Z10, or was it a Bb10 issue, such as the lack of apps?

04-03-18 11:58 AM
    Explain.
    Really don't need to, though. Numerous threads/articles/reviews about it, particularly the initial batches.
    My personal experience... crappy battery life, unpredictable restarts, lags, hangs... Sweet memories.

The only good thing that came out of it... I'll never be an early adopter anymore. 😎
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 04-03-18 at 12:12 PM.
    04-03-18 11:58 AM
    Really don't need to, though. Numerous threads/articles/reviews about it, particularly the initial batches.
    My personal experience... crappy battery life, unpredictable restarts, lags, hangs... Sweet memories.

The only good thing that came out of it... I'll never be an early adopter anymore. 😎
    I bought from AT&T on launch day, and, other than the battery issue (which I found to be a fair trade for the convenient size and bright screen, and which was no worse than the smaller Apple iPhones of the time), I never experienced any of those issues. Most reviews at the time were generally positive about everything but the lack of apps.

I'm not arguing with you about your experience, but you seem to claim that your experience was more common than I believe it was.

i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-03-18 12:33 PM
    I bought from Verizon, and did experience a few restarts on 10.1, but nothing like what was reported.

I used my Z10 exclusively for nearly three years, and learned how to get the most out of its battery, and kept several battery packs handy at all times.

I always liked the early BlackBerry 10 devices with their micro-HDMI output. I used to give presentations at work using BlackBerry Express and a micro-HDMI cable. Back then, it was impressive.
    04-03-18 01:39 PM
    The Z10 was too little too late. It was a great device and ahead of its time in some aspects but poor corporate decisions sealed it's fate.
    BrianDeeb and Just TM like this.
    04-03-18 09:51 PM
    The size and the contrast are very much better than z30, battery life you can say is not more than a day..in some cases it get drain in half a day! there are lags though I experience but never bothered me to get rid of it since I love BlackBerry os 10 phones , it s kinda unique device you own, I have z30 right now and it's pretty much better than z10. The size is big although which is the only thing I dislike about it overall its wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-18 04:54 AM
    Late adopter....z10 was awesome compared to the then apple and android offerings....tiny lightweight package, even a removeable/replaceable battery, microsd. My only beef was that I didn't have it long enough - screen got broke, cause someone removed it's protector and stuffed it into an already overcramped purse -screen still projected perfectly with the crack, but the interactive i/o system got damaged during the fall, making it unusable.
    But still I prefer the physical keyboard Blackberry. Yet this was the perfect little device for leisure time, not work, because it was so unobtrusive to carry around.
    04-04-18 02:49 PM
    There were a lot of things to like about the Z10.

I think it had the best quality screen of any BB10 device.

The size was just about right for an all-touch device - I like them on the smaller side rather than phablet-sized.

The battery-life was not good, but it helped that the battery was user-replaceable. And the dedicated Micro-HDMI port came in quite handy on more than one occasion.
    04-04-18 05:09 PM
    I actually got a z10 before launch from a Bell employee but wasn’t allowed to activate it on a network . Loved the phone had lots of potential and was the perfect size for me to use one handed and that virtual keyboard was awesome . I always liked carrying a little extra battery /charger bundle in my pocket to get me through long days. I ended up breaking the screen on my first two devices and learned how easy it was to make one look brand new again . Bought a bunch of brand new screens for future falls lol
    04-04-18 05:23 PM
    The Z10 was actually my first entry into BB10. I was sort of late into the game. I originally had a black unlocked version from AT&T. That phone was pathetic. I remember having to charge it TWICE in one day. That's how bad the battery life was. Suffice to say, that went back to AT&T before the 14 day deadline was up. I gave up on BB10 at that point. Fast forward a few months and i'm checking some things out on Ebay, when i see a gorgeous white Z10.. I figured at this point that there were a few updates in the system. I bought it and i was hooked on BB10 ever since. I still hated the phone after a while because no matter what i did, i could never get it to last the way that i wanted to. I always had to carry spare batteries. I still fire it up every now and again.

The size is perfect. Battery life is just horrendous.
    04-04-18 05:49 PM
    Didn't know you were a Z10 user.
    04-04-18 05:50 PM
    There were a lot of things to like about the Z10.

I think it had the best quality screen of any BB10 device.

The size was just about right for an all-touch device - I like them on the smaller side rather than phablet-sized.

The battery-life was not good, but it helped that the battery was user-replaceable. And the dedicated Micro-HDMI port came in quite handy on more than one occasion.
    04-04-18 05:51 PM
    I owned a few over the years. My favorite was a white one and I got a black leather battery cover for it. I called it the Z10 Oreo Edition.
    Flatman likes this.
    04-04-18 05:54 PM
    I owned a few over the years. My favorite was a white one and I got a black leather battery cover for it. I called it the Z10 Oreo Edition.
    I stand corrected. I do remember that. Been around here for so long, that stories just blend together lol
    04-04-18 05:57 PM
    I never cared for the small battery in it, but once the used market began opening up, I was able to find oem batteries and accessories pretty cheap, and those charging bundles were/are really handy.

If I had to use a touchscreen BlackBerry 10 device full-time, it would be the Z10. I like all BlackBerry 10 devices, but the Z10 just feels right.
    04-04-18 08:31 PM
    Z10 was my first BB and I loved it ever since I got it. Even now, while I hold a Z30 and a Passport the Z10 is the one I love the most.

Passport is just too big and since the screen format is not what most modern websites and apps are made for, it wastes just too much screen size. Although I really like the keyboard, the speed and the battery.

Z30 also has a nice battery, but the screen is not as crisp as the one the Z10 has.

However BBM Videochats lag quite often lately. Don't know, whether this is related to the Z10, or bad wifi / internet connection (or even slow BBM service)...
    04-05-18 11:45 AM