Only thing I like about the Q10 is the black theme and I can't understand why blackberry refuses to bring this over to the Z10. Could someone have Kevin contact the Z10 developers or CEO and have this dealt with?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    AfroZepher likes this.
    05-01-13 08:52 PM
    The theme is required for the display technology on the Q10 which uses amoled displays. The z10 uses a lcd screen and doesn't need a dark theme.

How is that racism.

Posted via CB10
    husnain1 and RazzBerry like this.
    05-01-13 08:58 PM
    Poor selection of words for the Title!!!
    Mecca EL and shaleem like this.
    05-01-13 09:01 PM
    Can't tell if serious

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:12 PM
    I'm assuming it's supposed to be a joke.

The z10 only has the white theme, not the black theme.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:15 PM
    Lol its a joke
    But I agree i would like a black theme very much.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-01-13 09:18 PM
    Hmm... Black Z10, White Z10, Red Z10...

Thread title fail. LOL. Obviously they put the dark theme on the Q10 because it was needed. If enough Z10 users let BlackBerry know they want it, they will probably make it available at some point.
    05-01-13 09:20 PM
    it was funny to me . . .lol
    05-01-13 09:22 PM
    As I understand thing, a Black theme will be available in the future but it will wear on the battery with the particular display the Z uses! The Q uses a different display and therefore the display uses less power with black.
    05-01-13 09:31 PM
    I laughed.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:47 PM
    As I understand thing, a Black theme will be available in the future but it will wear on the battery with the particular display the Z uses! The Q uses a different display and therefore the display uses less power with black.
    White text on dark background is easier for the human eye to see. The battery life trade off is well worth it in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:48 PM
    I think battery life would be better.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-01-13 09:50 PM
    I think battery life would be better.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Battery life would be worse because if the pixels are off, then you have a white display. In order to create black, you have to completely block out the back light by turning the pixels on. This wastes battery Life since you'd have. The back light on, plus a majority of the pixels on the entire time. Make sense?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:19 PM
    Battery life would be worse because if the pixels are off, then you have a white display. In order to create black, you have to completely block out the back light by turning the pixels on. This wastes battery Life since you'd have. The back light on, plus a majority of the pixels on the entire time. Make sense?

Posted via CB10
    Ahhh I see, good explanation
    Thanks bro.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-01-13 10:27 PM
    It's a wonderful theory, and sounds like a great explanation to people.

It's also wrong.

If you actually measure how long your battery will last with an all-black screen versus how long it lasts when showing an all-white screen, you'll find that on the PlayBook and the Z10, it drains significantly more quickly with the all-white screen.

The above quoted theory is correct for some LCD screens in the world, but not these particular ones. If you are interested in background on this, you can google to find references that describe how some screens use more with white, and others use less, and various reasons for the differences.
    05-05-13 03:29 PM
    White text on dark background is easier for the human eye to see. The battery life trade off is well worth it in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I too will trade batery life for eye sight longevity. lol

And here's to Dark Theme On BB10 for PlayBook...
    05-05-13 03:39 PM
    These are the type of people who will complain that the battery life is rubbish once they use the Dark Theme on the Z10
    05-05-13 04:28 PM
    Common man, no one has higher up BlackBerry connections? Would be nice to get a Thornstein quote on this.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    05-05-13 04:29 PM
    I like dark theme

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 05:09 PM
    It's a wonderful theory, and sounds like a great explanation to people.

It's also wrong.

If you actually measure how long your battery will last with an all-black screen versus how long it lasts when showing an all-white screen, you'll find that on the PlayBook and the Z10, it drains significantly more quickly with the all-white screen.

The above quoted theory is correct for some LCD screens in the world, but not these particular ones. If you are interested in background on this, you can google to find references that describe how some screens use more with white, and others use less, and various reasons for the differences.
    A counter theory :O
    Lol I also read that bro, i have noticed slight changes between backround colors.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-05-13 05:13 PM