so everything was perfectly fine untill yesterday, i had my law paper, wrote it and got out since then my Z10 was smashed. it refused to unlock itself, the picture password screen wouldnt come. waited for the battery to die, did a full charge reboot but no use. so then i reloaded 10.2.1.1055 again. running the same OS previously , from then my phone isnt reading my media card. downgraded to the official 10.2.0.424 still my memory card wont read. tried using different cards, tried putting my existing one in my 9780(worked fine) but it isnt working on my Z. now im starting to wonder if this is an hardware issue.

STL-100-1 just incase you'll are wondering

any help shall be appreciated, thanks
    12-13-13 04:17 AM
    What was the last android apk you downloaded?
    Mark815 likes this.
    12-13-13 04:22 AM
    What was the last android apk you downloaded?
    Candy crush was the apk
    but i also installed the latest whatsapp update from app world and downloaded doodle jump as the free day giveaway
    12-13-13 04:30 AM
    OK, when you reloaded the leak after the memory card failed, did you do a restore from backup afterwards? I'm thinking that one of the downloaded apk files may have corrupted your system and by restoring, you restore the same issue. if you do a fresh install with your data card removed and don't restore anything, insert your card afterwards and see if it is being recognized. I'm not saying a hardware failure is ruled out but let's work on the most likely scenarios first.

Edit: just a crazy afterthought: Loads of complaints from several forum posters after whatsapp upgrade. Unlikely but that can be one of the bugs that we don't know about yet.
    Last edited by mikr009876; 12-13-13 at 04:59 AM. Reason: added comment
    12-13-13 04:35 AM
    OK, when you reloaded the leak after the memory card failed, did you do a restore from backup afterwards? I'm thinking that one of the downloaded apk files may have corrupted your system and by restoring, you restore the same issue. if you do a fresh install with your data card removed and don't restore anything, insert your card afterwards and see if it is being recognized. I'm not saying a hardware failure is ruled out but let's work on the most likely scenarios first.
    did not restore from backup, but will try reloading the OS without my data card in the device, what im also going to try is format my data card from my pc and then try it out
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-13-13 05:00 AM
    so everything was perfectly fine untill yesterday, i had my law paper, wrote it and got out since then my Z10 was smashed. it refused to unlock itself, the picture password screen wouldnt come. waited for the battery to die, did a full charge reboot but no use. so then i reloaded 10.2.1.1055 again. running the same OS previously , from then my phone isnt reading my media card. downgraded to the official 10.2.0.424 still my memory card wont read. tried using different cards, tried putting my existing one in my 9780(worked fine) but it isnt working on my Z. now im starting to wonder if this is an hardware issue.

STL-100-1 just incase you'll are wondering

any help shall be appreciated, thanks

Smashed? Like run over by a bulldozer or drunk like a teen that stole daddies booze?
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-13-13 05:10 AM
    Smashed? Like run over by a bulldozer or drunk like a teen that stole daddies booze?
    haha. humour appreciated.
    12-13-13 05:13 AM
    Was not meant to be funny. What do you mean by smashed? Do you mean Frozen?
    12-13-13 06:06 AM
    Was not meant to be funny. What do you mean by smashed? Do you mean Frozen?
    well then you are extremely funny. my post specifically explains my entire problem. so yeah
    12-13-13 06:09 AM
    I hope you used complete sentences and some capital letters when you "had your law"... When you say smashed in regards to a phone, it is generally thought to be broken physically. I think that's where some are confused. Good luck.
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-13-13 06:49 AM
    Do a security wipe before reloading the OS. Some data tends to stick and migrate it's way on a new OS install.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:20 AM