You can unlock z10s on n4bb.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    02-01-13 03:06 PM
    what makes people think that, raving and ranting will speedup the company process ?
    02-01-13 03:08 PM
    Two years on and there's not one scratch on the screen of my 9800.
    But if there was, you'd care. I've never had a smartphone screen get scratched, and I never use screen protectors; they make the screen feel terrible and going from hot to cold areas (in and out of ice rinks) during the summer time causes issues with them. Too much condensation forms at times and it causes the screen protector to become rather "sticky." On a 9800 it may not be much of an issue, since you probably use the QWERTY quite a bit, but on a full touchscreen phone it's definitely an issue for me. Samsung's screens don't have that issue (my iTouch had similar issues, though, even without a protector but the screen on that iT4g wasn't the same quality of an iPhone 4+).

Anyways, having a stronger glass on the screen can stop the screen from cracking even when it wouldn't be scratched, like if it fell a certain way. Gorilla glass is stronger, that's just the way it is. Also, since the 9800 has such a small screen the integrity of the glass is higher than screens that are factorably larger and made out of the same materials.

Doesn't change what I said. Most people don't know what Gorilla Glass is, but if their screen gets scratched they will definitely care about it.
    02-01-13 03:10 PM
    4. Are you sure? Gorilla Glass
    Apparently it isn't Gorilla Glass. It uses Touch On Lens which sounds like a pretty cool technology.
    pels_17 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:50 PM
    You're judging them already? It's a brand new OS, and the phones haven't even been released in most markets yet (except UK).

They built BlackBerry 10 (VERSION 1.0 btw) on QNX which has been around since 1980 and is embedded on many systems, including OnStar, software for Nuclear Power Plant Reactors, medical imaging, military applications, etc... QNX is an incredible OS, and this is just the beginning of its potential in the mass market. Previously, it was a highly specialized OS, completely under the radar. The best thing Blackberry has done was to acquire QNX, the potential of this OS is limitless (for the foreseeable future).

BlackBerry has been under the microscope for 18 months. There was no way they were ever going to satisfy everyone. If you don't appreciate the value of a multi-threaded kernel OS, and the military grade security built into it, then just SWITCH already. GO! Go order your Android phone, or iPhone, or Windows 8 phone... Whatever. Your loss.

Considering the size and resources available to BlackBerry, I'm impressed. They're clearly the underdog, in a David vs Goliath (Samsung, Apple) battle. I'm proudly picking up my Z10 next Tuesday in Canada, and I'm sticking with them.

If BlackBerry is at fault for anything, it's about being too modest about what they've just accomplished. The OS is solid, the apps will follow slowly, and steadily. Particularly in the security conscious business world.

Cheers
    Peej
    ctuffy and robkd like this.
    02-01-13 03:56 PM
    The lack of notification customization and the disappearance of a useable bedside mode is a serious, serious disappointment for me. Yeah, it is not a deal breaker for me, but it is close. While this may sound melodramatic and like hyperbole, hear me out.

I love my 9900, and my reasoning is what BB executives have repeatedly said time and time again - it is the best communication device out there. I own my own business and, thus, the most valuable attributes I look for in a phone relate to email and call quality. Over time, I have turned into quite the loyal BB user. To use a sports analogy, they are my team and I want to see them succeed.

Thus, like most over-the-top sports fans, I have had a hard time watching BB's management stumble their way to the BB10 start line. I honestly lost a lot of faith in the people steering BB for a while. In short, there were times where it seemed like I was hoping-against-hope that BB10 would arrive in a timely, refined manner. My opinion had changed over the past 6 months or so, especially with how Kevin would talk about how the mood and vibe at BB had changed and how this was a new and focused company.

So, earlier today when I read Kevin's review, I had to read the section about the notifications/bed side a couple of times. I had another one of those "WTF BB??" moments that I thought and hoped were a long gone feeling. I just assumed that those features that are consistently talked about by hardcore BB devotees would be in the new operating system from the get-go. I never considered the possibility that they would not be there.

So, yeah, while I can be accused of being melodramatic about something like this, these features' lacking caused me to have another moment where I was shaking my head at BB's management and wondering just what they were thinking when they decided to remove something that I really and truly love about my current BB.
    I'm disappointed that those features weren't added also but they can be added with a Software Update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 04:55 PM
    I'm disappointed that the Z10 ain't coming out till March (I blame it on the carriers). So as a BlackBerry faithful, i'm going just going to wait patiently till I get it. Don't really care about no IPhones or Galaxy's or what ever future phone they got coming out with, i'm a BlackBerry10 user and i'm going to stick with them till the end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    study_lady likes this.
    02-01-13 05:05 PM
    You would hate the large screen once you found out you couldn't bend your legs when it was in your pocket.
    How tight are your pants? I've had a Note II in my pockets and had no problems bending my legs.
    02-01-13 05:32 PM
    Two months from now in the flagship market of the known universe is too goddamned late!!!!
    Times are changing, I agree its an important market, and it sucks that BB10 is delayed, but its time Americans realize that they don't have the monopoly on everything anymore, and its only going to get more so if the world continues in its present course.
    steveo1259, tte404 and Ansovald like this.
    02-01-13 05:41 PM
    I'm not disappointed..and for those that ***** at the smallest thing wrong with a phone thats not even a week old GO F*#K YOURSELF's, and for those in the states that say its blackberry's fault for the release in the USA it NOT it the carrier I live in Canada and my carrier wont get it till march only because there network isn't ready for the new BB's and such just like yours could be, so you can also GO F*#K YOURSELF's, and the OS is not even a week old every phone from iphone to the new SG all had these issues from the start they got updates and got thing they didnt have at launch, and for those that can't wait just get one off line and stop your ********..and one more thing people in the USA think they should get things first because your all high and mighty now we can for those that can get the phone before you can rub it in your face and make you feel how we feel..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Jimmies status:

[ ] Unrustled
    [ X ] Rustled
    02-01-13 06:11 PM
    A couple of things to start...

5-Nothing new that would make the average iPhone/android users go wow
    They're releasing white versions right off the bat. Isn't that usually all it takes to get iPhone people to go gaga? Add in a whole new phone and OS and they should be over the moon for the Z10!
    02-01-13 07:25 PM
    Which ones of these are 'critical functionality' ?
    Something tells me it's the bedside mode. ROFL
    02-01-13 07:40 PM
    no playbook bb10 os upgrade! that sucks
    might as well stick with apple, at least when they update their IOS software all mobile products can upgrade upon release
    That is not true. I have iPod Touch 2ng Gen that I can't update anymore.
    robkd likes this.
    02-01-13 08:05 PM
    Bedside mode and led notification customisation...I have loads of friends/associates who have gone from bb or 2 devices to iPhone only and have become annoyingly less efficient in their response to emails/iMessages etc...I put this down to a lack of led on the iPhone.

bb in bedside mode with led's customised reassure me that nothing needs my attention, lose that functionality and your either ignoring incoming email/bbm messages or physically checking your phone when you don't need to...or like many who have shifted, just become less efficient than you once were.
    02-01-13 08:28 PM
    Here is my reply to that EGerhardt: Whether you want to admit it or not, The United States IS the center of the phone universe!! We have ten times the population of Canada or the UK and we live in a technology driven country. If Blackberry wanted to do well and survive, it would have benefited them greatly to have these phones out to the major four carriers in the U.S for their testing and FCC approval.....wait, here it comes; BEFORE THE LAUNCH DATE!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to start a "us against them" debate here, I'm just saying that the largest market for cell phones is here in the U.S. Blackberry missed the boat big time by not having them ready to ship to Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint on the release date! Just my two cents worth.
    02-01-13 08:30 PM
    its the carriers delaying not blackberry the carriers started testing at the same time as the rest of the world
    02-01-13 08:31 PM
    I'm not trying to start a "us against them" debate here,
    Could have fooled me.
    02-01-13 08:47 PM
    No one cares how long QNX has been around. Said the same thing when a the Playbook was released.
    02-01-13 10:01 PM
    I am, the camera and lack of apps. I know I know, the apps would take time but the camera sucks compared to the other competitors. There is no excuse, NONE.
    02-01-13 11:41 PM
    Having the largest population doesn't make you the centre of the phone universe, India & China would be ahead of you if that were true.

Aside from Japan where they just have their own stuff going on, London & the UK in general has always been at the forefront of having the latest mobile phone models and technology, anyone who says otherwise simply hasn't travelled here enough in the past 20 years.
    galleon likes this.
    02-02-13 02:13 PM
    Well how are blackberry launching elsewhere in the world and not in the US if they had the choice to get devices sold in the US tomorrow? Like you say, the devices are made, and they are going on sale in just under an hour here. They are good to go. So what possible non-carrier reason could they have for holding back in the US? Just to screw with you? Come on man.
    So all the carriers in Malaysia, Indonesia, India, South Africa, Trinidad, etc all are to blame as well? These are all strong bb markets. "global launch"=UK, Canada, an UAE???
    02-02-13 03:03 PM
    US had the highest adoption rate of iOS. And US has banned foreign (including Canada) companies from selling on US soil in many ways.

Truth of the matter is --- us in Canada got together and decided to delay you... Just cuz we don't really like you.

<I kid, I kid!>. But seriously, its the US backward way of testing cell phones for endless months before releasing. While letting anyone drink tainted milk, eat corn fed animals (hello, do you wonder why bacteria is getting in your crops? Corn doesn't digest which means those enzymes in a cow that do the breaking down end up in your food supply). Or the fact firearms are never tested prior to purchasing. Or that health care - neccessary for everyones survival at some point - is so difficult to obtain. Or food is released with less and less testing. But rest assured!! Your cell phones will be properly tested.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    galleon likes this.
    02-04-13 12:31 AM
147 ... 456