Was listening to CBC the other morning and Jesse Hirsh a Tech Columnist for CBC gave an interesting perspective on Huffington Posts attemps to "Clean-up" their comments and his view on "Trolls" was quite interesting from the perpective that they serve a valuable purpose to generate debate and discusion. Like them or not it is a neat point of view, listen to the whole thing. What do you think?

Jesse Hirsh: Huffpost comments - Calgary Eyeopener - CBC Player

Saint613
    08-27-13 10:54 AM
    There's no questions you can't "clean up" the forums or delete posts you don't agree with.. that's just bad PR and shows you're trying to steer the conversation towards a particular bias..

BUT.. I don't think I'd go so far as saying the troll posts are good..
    howarmat likes this.
    08-27-13 10:59 AM
    Moderation can be tricky and I think they do a pretty good job here. It is interesting to see the difference in sites like Slashdot, Reddit, and the guitar making forums I hang out on which seem to be incredibly intolerant. It probably has something to do with age, and the ability listen to others' views without being threatened. Of course outright trolling is a different case and does not add to the discussion. But sometimes it is very funny.
    08-27-13 11:05 AM
    Moderation can be tricky and I think they do a pretty good job here. It is interesting to see the difference in sites like Slashdot, Reddit, and the guitar making forums I hang out on which seem to be incredibly intolerant. It probably has something to do with age, and the ability listen to others' views without being threatened. Of course outright trolling is a different case and does not add to the discussion. But sometimes it is very funny.
    I totally agree with you on this. Age and intelligence plays a big part. I read a lot of tech related websites and don't understand why some people would defend a brand by insulting others. In reality those companies as we seen so many times won't listen to your voice and won't think twice about taking your money.
    08-27-13 11:21 AM
    What is the definition of a troll? Some will say I am when really, I'm just an angry person.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    saint613 likes this.
    08-27-13 11:31 AM
    What is the definition of a troll? Some will say I am when really, I'm just an angry person.

And bitter!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:16 PM

And I love Chris Jericho. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:17 PM