02-01-14 08:00 AM
36 12
tools
    I know this is an old thread, but have any of the leaks fixed this issue yet? I would be a lot happier with browsing on my Q10 if there was some kind of txt reflow enabled finally.
    Nope. Just. Plain. Stupid.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-13 11:11 AM
    Well damn. That's a load.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-08-13 01:59 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry sees it as a problem that needs to be fixed (although it was a definite issue for me). I don't think the iPhone or WP have it either; only android and BBOS 7.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    12-10-13 04:44 PM
    It was the reason I used opera on the old bbos phones....even when the browser got better...it was opera's reflow that got me...
    12-10-13 06:25 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry sees it as a problem that needs to be fixed (although it was a definite issue for me). I don't think the iPhone or WP have it either; only android and BBOS 7.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Know what I just realized though, although the PlayBook doesn't have it in the native browser just like BB10, the PlayBook email client does and the BB10 email client doesn't. And on the smaller screen of my Q10, that makes little to no sense, yet again.

12-30-13 12:23 PM
    This bugs the hell out of me as well. The stock android browser is lousy, but it can do it. And Reader mode is terribly clunky on most blogs/message boards, which is where I spend most of my time on teh Interwebs.

Haven't had to mess with any newer versions of Android since I replaced my GS1 with the Zed, do any of the major mobile browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Safari) have text flow? Maybe sideloading with 10.2.1.x would work...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:07 PM
    Firefox doesn't to my knowledge however it does resize the txt to a preset size that the user can choose. It used to be really poor but has got to the point of being usable. Plus there is flash, something that Chrome lacks. However I still find that the BlackBerry 10 broswer is more stable and faster.

12-30-13 01:31 PM
    This is probably one of the worst things about BB10 makes the browser feel useless being as good as it is.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    12-30-13 01:32 PM

Haven't had to mess with any newer versions of Android since I replaced my GS1 with the Zed, do any of the major mobile browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Safari) have text flow? Maybe sideloading with 10.2.1.x would work...

Posted via CB10
    I think pretty much all the Android browsers do it. I've been using Maxthon for a while, and text reflow works just fine. Dolphin has it, and of course the opera browsers have it.

This became a dealbreaker for me, with BB10.

Sent via Tapatalk
    12-30-13 05:25 PM
    Safari has it too (someone above suggested only Android browsers had it).

This really lame of blackberry. The thing we all do most on our phones is browse the Web and yet on Blackberry, you pull up a full Web page with size 0 font and have to start tapping, pinching and resizing to get the text right on the screen.

This is high priority issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:01 PM
    Redundant? What if you actually want to read it later?

BTW is there a read it later/Pocket or Instapaper like solution for BB10?
    OS 10.2.1 has a new "Save Page" feature built right into the browser.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    02-01-14 08:00 AM
36 12