Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:22 PM
    Likely not. Word prediction is the thing where BB guesses which word you want to type and suggests it. Text reflow is a technology which enables you to do the popular pinch-and-zoom to enlarge text on your screen and the software re-arranges the text so it always fills the space on your screen without cutting off. See here for more details: What Is Text Reflow? | eHow.com
    03-16-13 06:05 PM
    probably because they have reader mode instead.
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-16-13 07:30 PM
    Yeah reader mode is good but for many websites it displays an error that this website cannot be viewed in reader mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:45 PM
    probably because they have reader mode instead.
    Why did they opt for reader mode instead of reflow? They had reflow in BBOS. It worked well. It's it for some reason harder to implement on QNX?
    03-16-13 10:40 PM
    Reader mode is very good. And you don't need to pinch zoom..just go to reader mode. Makes read it later sort of redundant.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:45 PM
    Why did they opt for reader mode instead of reflow? They had reflow in BBOS. It worked well. It's it for some reason harder to implement on QNX?
    No idea. Only someone at blackberry can answer that. It might have been just something they carried over from the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:14 AM
    Reader mode is very good. And you don't need to pinch zoom..just go to reader mode. Makes read it later sort of redundant.

Posted via CB10
    But the problem I am facing is that all the websites are not working in the reader mode and it gives an error that this website cannot be viewed in reader mode. Is there any setting to that.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:20 AM
    But the problem I am facing is that all the websites are not working in the reader mode and it gives an error that this website cannot be viewed in reader mode. Is there any setting to that.

Posted via CB10
    What sites? I have yet to find a site that it doesn't work on.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:28 AM
    What sites? I have yet to find a site that it doesn't work on.

Posted via CB10
    Try these

Ebay.in

It says cannot be viewed in reader mode

Www.oberoithermit.com

It shows a very small part of the home page on reader.

Any ideas...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:47 AM
    Try these

Ebay.in

It says cannot be viewed in reader mode

Www.oberoithermit.com

It shows a very small part of the home page on reader.

Any ideas...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there's no text in ebay it's all links and images. Reader mode strips the page of all images and displays the text. It works best on text laden pages. Same with the other site. It only grabbed the text.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:39 AM
    it's still there, double tap.
    03-17-13 02:48 AM
    Double tap to zoom in to any "Window" on any website

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:48 AM
    Yes, there's no text in ebay it's all links and images. Reader mode strips the page of all images and displays the text. It works best on text laden pages. Same with the other site. It only grabbed the text.

Posted via CB10
    Strange its working in ur browser as I am getting an error screen shot attached
    Why theres no auto text reflow on z10 browser?-img_00000105.png

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:58 AM
    Strange its working in ur browser as I am getting an error screen shot attached
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000105.png 
Views:	719 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	141850

Posted via CB10
    to clarify, it doesn't work in reader mode for me either. I was saying yes to their "any ideas" part.
    03-17-13 03:04 AM
    to clarify, it doesn't work in reader mode for me either. I was saying yes to their "any ideas" part.
    Again, double tap, text reflow is still there.
    03-17-13 03:08 AM
    You got to wait until the page loads 80% or so before going to reader mode. Otherwise it will say no.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:10 AM
    double tap only zooms in to the width of the paragraph I am tapping on. it does not reflow the text.
    03-17-13 03:18 AM
    Again, double tap, text reflow is still there.
    Others are saying double tap zooms text to screen width but doesn't reflow text. In BBOS, double tap zooms text to screen width and reflow text, displaying it at a user-specified size, making reader mode unnecessary.
    03-17-13 09:11 PM
    Others are saying double tap zooms text to screen width but doesn't reflow text. In BBOS, double tap zooms text to screen width and reflow text, displaying it at a user-specified size, making reader mode unnecessary.
    You're right, I never noticed before, I've been mostly using mobile sites and reader mode.
    03-18-13 03:01 AM
    Doesn't work for me. Even if I set the default font size to 56 double-tapping just zooms to page width and can end up with small text. If I zoom in more then double-tap it zooms out to page width instead of reflowing the text.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:16 AM
    It never works for me, and reader mode is a pain to use if you are reading more than one thing.

I'd prefer the option to always reflow automatically, that is the main reason I kept using Opera mini on bbos..everything just fit and was readable as soon as it loaded..

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:58 AM
    I've been waiting for the Q10 for some time now- not having text reflow is going to be painful on that small square screen... At least on the Z10 you can go to landscape mode (as annoying as that is.)
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    04-26-13 09:14 PM
    Redundant? What if you actually want to read it later?

BTW is there a read it later/Pocket or Instapaper like solution for BB10?
    04-26-13 09:17 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but have any of the leaks fixed this issue yet? I would be a lot happier with browsing on my Q10 if there was some kind of txt reflow enabled finally.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-13 11:09 AM
36 12