For their of me I can't figure out text selection on the Z10 even after owning it for months. It's frustrating the hell out of me and just seems awful. Sometime the circle appears, sometimes it doesn't. What in gods name am I doing wrong, because whatever it is it has got to be fixes because I can't go on like this. It's one of the major flaws in my opinion and needs to be easier like iOS which is better than any other platform in this regard. Help?
    08-08-13 09:52 PM
    I hear your frustration, especially after having the track pad on the 9900.

Some others might have some more useful tips, but I will say that it gets easier on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:58 PM
    What version os are you on? I've installed a few leaks and the little circle gets better with each higher number build...
    For their of me I can't figure out text selection on the Z10 even after owning it for months. It's frustrating the hell out of me and just seems awful. Sometime the circle appears, sometimes it doesn't. What in gods name am I doing wrong, because whatever it is it has got to be fixes because I can't go on like this. It's one of the major flaws in my opinion and needs to be easier like iOS which is better than any other platform in this regard. Help?
    08-08-13 09:59 PM
    In a text input box:
    - one tap brings ups the cursor
    - second tap brings up the circle
    - if the cursor's already there, one tap brings up the circle
    - Tap anywhere outside the text input area to get rid of the circle

Using the circle:
    - Tap once on either side of the circle to move it one character to the left or right
    - Tap once on either top or bottom to move it one line up or down
    - Tap and hold on either side of the circle to drag. If you are on the edge of the screen, use the opposite of the circle so your finger doesn't get in the way, or you run out of screen space.

Selection without the circle:
    - double tap to select the word
    - Tap and hold to select the word, keep holding to select the sentence, keep holding to select the paragraph, keep holding to select everything
    - double tap to bring up the cursor selection (not the circle but the two blue things) Tap and drag each side to select what you want.

I think that's it. I'll edit if I remember anything else.

Edit: the circle only comes up inside of a text entry box (ie composing an email, url bar, text message). Inside the browser on a Web page, or while reading an email, text selection is only possible (the blue things).

Also tapping the highlighted text brings up the overflow menu (cut, copy, paste).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by twstd.reality; 08-08-13 at 10:43 PM.
    08-08-13 10:16 PM
    What version os are you on? I've installed a few leaks and the little circle gets better with each higher number build...
    I'm still on 10.1. It's a pain to install leaks because it screws things up with our corporate email and its a nightmare getting IT to get it working again.
    08-08-13 10:18 PM
    You need to test out the leaked OS 10.2

it only gets better and text selection, copy, cut and paste are just a breeze away.

Attachment 190971

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:24 PM
    In a text input box:
    - one tap brings ups the cursor
    - second tap brings up the circle
    - if the cursor's already there, one tap brings up the circle
    - Tap anywhere outside the text input area to get rid of the circle

Using the circle:
    - Tap once on either side of the circle to move it one character to the left or right
    - Tap once on either top or bottom to move it one line up or down
    - Tap and hold on either side of the circle to drag. If you are on the edge of the screen, use the opposite of the circle so your finger doesn't get in the way, or you run out of screen space.

Selection without the circle:
    - double tap to select the word
    - Tap and hold to select the word, keep holding to select the sentence, keep holding to select the paragraph, keep holding to select everything
    - double tap to bring up the cursor selection (not the circle but the two blue things) Tap and drag each side to select what you want.

I think that's it. I'll edit if I remember anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for that. One of the problems is that the circle seems to randomly disappear when I'm trying to use it.
    08-08-13 10:28 PM
    Thank you for that. One of the problems is that the circle seems to randomly disappear when I'm trying to use it.
    Lots of practice will make it easier and more enjoyable =)

To select some words or a paragraph, I just use the Select All option and narrow it down to the only part I need; I find it so much faster that way instead of select a word, drag to select more and drag again to select more.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:38 PM