Why So Many-img_00000390.png

Dear CrackBerry Community

I am so lost concerning this problem I got with my phone duplicating and multiplying my my contacts address book.
    I had this problem on my Torch 9800 but now on my Z10 and it seems even worse.

I do not understand what I have done for this to happen and no matter how much I edit and delete, they all just come back and it looks even worse now since my update 10.2.0.424

I have two applications: IntouchApp Contacts, which I have found somewhat easy to use though I have only backed up my contacts and it should have dealt with my duplicates but I don't know if I should now deleted my contacts address book, then download my backed up file.

I also have Contact X, but I can't make head or tail of what their on about and the apps directions, so I have never used it.

Could someone please give me some simple directions on the whole.

Why So Many-img_00001005.png

Jtv
    12-11-13 04:56 PM
    I've found InTouch to duplicate contacts a lot, although it has been getting less and less with every update
    There's a tool in the app to check for duplicates, give it a run. Had contact duplicates, but never so many

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:11 PM
    Are they from different sources (individual email accounts/SIM/local) or the same source?
    12-11-13 05:26 PM
    That happened to me with Skype, I turned off in the Skype to sync contacts and that solved for me, check also for another apps that may be syncing contacts.
    12-11-13 05:33 PM
    This is an issue with Skype (latest version) compounded by the intouch app since the update that made it able to auto-backup.
    This is my hypothesis and I have since I deleted intouch it's been much more manageable...
    It seems every time you open Skype it syncs it's contacts into the device. The older version would stop after in selecting it in skype settings but the latest version still does. My theory it that intouch auto -backs up every time you open skype making a duplicate each time.

My fix was to delete intouch and go into contacts and delete the copies after each time I open skype, which without intouch it's usually only one extra each time. Luckily for me I only have maybe 5 skype contacts and only use it rarely.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:02 PM
    Thanks for your replies Guys, am really confused now, because I haven't downloaded my contacts from IntouchApp and they have included in their application the feature to delete duplicates.

I did have this problem before, on my Torch before I knew about IntouchApp, so it must be somehow else.
    It's the same sim card am using.

So what would I have to do to break the sync

Thanks again chaps

Jtv
    12-11-13 06:42 PM
    Thanks for your replies Guys, am really confused now, because I haven't downloaded my contacts from IntouchApp and they have included in their application the feature to delete duplicates.

I did have this problem before, on my Torch before I knew about IntouchApp, so it must be somehow else.
    It's the same sim card am using.

So what would I have to do to break the sync

Thanks again chaps

Jtv
    Skype is a problem if you select sync all, keep the contact syncing to this option here and you won't have any problems.

Why So Many-img_00002295.png

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:11 PM
    Skype is a problem if you select sync all, keep the contact syncing to this option here and you won't have any problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00002295.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	229149

Posted via CB10
    I agree... skype is the culprit. but even after doing that it still syncs the contacts onto my z10

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:36 PM