Maybe you should ask why you shouldn't?
    I didn't ask this because every single apple fanboy and android fanboy would of written trash about it. Writing bad things are easy, writing good things is not as easy. So I know that 95% of the people writing on this post are legit people giving reasonable info.
    11-03-13 11:34 PM
    I didn't ask this because every single apple fanboy and android fanboy would of written trash about it. Writing bad things are easy, writing good things is not as easy. So I know that 95% of the people writing on this post are legit people giving reasonable info.
    I agree. I think that the responses have been very balanced. We have 2 of these in the house and about 8 left in the business and I'll say that I'm not a fan of these phones. My son's IPhone 5 on ios 7 seems to work flawlessly. About half of our people at work baled on the Z10 for the iPhone as well. I will fortify a previous post that the reboots seem to have vanished since 10.2. Updates.

Best of luck with your z10. It has some very good points especially if you're OK with imap and not having options to leave mail on the server.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-03-13 11:57 PM
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first ever post here on CB forums. To tell you the truth I haven't had a BB device since 2007. I purchased my first BB device back in 05, it was a Pearl. I loved it, but had it replaced 3 times in one year. The trackball kept breaking. Anyways, in 07 when the iPhone came out I got one on day 1. Then in 2010 I switched to a windows phone. I liked the idea of the tiles and quick information, but was a little disappointed when most of the apps that I used on a regular basis weren't being made available for the platform. So that forced me to go back to an iPhone, but I kept my windows phone as well. Today I have a iPhone 5s, and I also have a Lumia 1020. I've had a few android handsets, but I haven't kept them for more than a week, for some reason I can't seem to like the OS. Anyways to the point of the post. Seeing that the Z10 is going for a dollar on a new att contract, my wife's contract just expired and she has my old iPhone 5 so I plan on getting the Z10 just to test the OS out. So my question is, what will the z10 do for me that the iPhone can't do? What does this platform offer that should make me consider using it as my daily driver?
    Welcome !

I would suggest, Try it for a month. You get a month trial period in US if I'm not wrong. You can always change if you don't like it. If you are a serious apps user, Make a survey here on CB about the apps you would like to have on your phone before your decision. I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm not serious into having too many apps on my phone. i.e. I don't crave for native Instagram on my phone. I'm verryy happy that I have a lovely CB app on my phone. But Thats just me and my needs.

Give it a try. I hope you will like it and don't need to return it.
    11-04-13 03:57 AM
    I was referring to the z10. There a lot of posts that are up complaining about the phone rebooting. The iPhone 5s reboots as well. But maybe once every 2 or 3 days. I guess it's ios7 what's causing it because my ipad and iPod both reboot just liked the iPhone does. Before ios7 I never got the reboots on apple devices. Most of the time it'll reboot when I get to the multitasking window and select a app that has been in queue for a long time. It won't do a full reset but a soft reset. It'll go to the apple logo and then back to the lock screen.
    I got confused because I haven't experienced a single reboot in the 5 months that I had my z10. ( knock on wood)
    11-04-13 06:21 PM
    Amazing keyboard, hub, security, removable battery, hdmi are my favourites.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:57 PM
    ...so I plan on getting the Z10 just to test the OS out...
    Just to test? Pardon me for saying this... don't test. Live with it if you're going to recontract.
    If just to test, either get a pre-owned set, or borrow a set from some other geeks around you. These tech geeks may have a Z10 with them which they regard as one of their toys.
    11-04-13 06:57 PM
    Just to test? Pardon me for saying this... don't test. Live with it if you're going to recontract.
    If just to test, either get a pre-owned set, or borrow a set from some other geeks around you. These tech geeks may have a Z10 with them which they regard as one of their toys.
    Well, what I wanted to say is that I will get it for the Duran of the contract, what I meant to say is that I will try out the OS to see if this is the OS of choose for yrs to come.
    11-04-13 09:07 PM
    Just keep your iPhone and have it along side the Z10. This is something I see a lot of BlackBerry users do and it's not a bad idea to be honest. The Z10 is just great to message with and manage emails, or other communication services, with the hub. Have the Z10 to communicate with and the iPhone just for apps. Sideloading is an option but it's not guaranteed that the app will work
    11-04-13 09:08 PM
    Just keep your iPhone and have it along side the Z10. This is something I see a lot of BlackBerry users do and it's not a bad idea to be honest. The Z10 is just great to message with and manage emails, or other communication services, with the hub. Have the Z10 to communicate with and the iPhone just for apps. Sideloading is an option but it's not guaranteed that the app will work
    Yeah, I've heard of different users doing this but the reality is that all my apps are on my ipad. The only real app that I use on my phone is the xbox music app. Hopefully the app situation will start to faint away like it's happening with windows phone. One key feature that the iPhone has and that I use somewhat is the built in dictionary. That is an awesome feature.
    11-04-13 10:20 PM
    Hi,
    I am new to BB. Does Z10 need BIS or BES plan? Or it just can work with normal Wifi ?
    11-05-13 08:29 AM
    Hi,
    I am new to BB. Does Z10 need BIS or BES plan? Or it just can work with normal Wifi ?
    Here in India, Vodafone refused to activate my phone on my earlier BIS unlimited plan. They said BB10 devices can't work on that plan. I insisted but they said it's not possible. So I changed to normal 3G data plan and I'm happy with its speed.

Don't know how it is in other countries but it was said that unlimited BIS plan should work on BB10 devices.

On wifi it works perfectly. Only you need to set up BB id.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:37 AM
    Screen resolution? The much touted iPhone 5S resolution is 1136x640 @ 336PPI. What the heck kind of resolution is that@. That's far lower than the much maligned Z10. The Z10 sports 1280x768 @356PPI which is among the best.

Also put any phone's browser to the test using sites like hmtl5test.com and see who comes out ahead. My Z10 scores 485 with 11 bonus points.

Via my Z10 beta 10.4.1.1338
    11-05-13 12:02 PM
    1. Hub
    2. File Manager
    3. Phone/speaker quality
    4. Keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:21 PM
    You can play Candy Crush Saga in the web browser via FaceBook.

The BlackBerry Z10 is a good smartphone for watching videos, reading e-books, and playing games. I like mine but will be buying a BlackBerry Q5, when the off-contract price drops to no more than CAD250.00, because I miss the physical keyboard.
    11-05-13 12:24 PM
    I can describe the Z10 using a car analogy:

The iphone is like a common small 2 seater sports car (eg. MX5).
    For: Great fun, lots of aftermarket mods, performs quite well, fashionable, reliable
    Against: Only seats 2 people, no luggage space, really not that fast when you push it.
    Bought by: Single young people

An Andoid is like an italian sports car (eg. Ferrari):
    For: Some have insanely good looks, very large powerfull engines, fastest around the track
    Against: Still only 2, or at most 2+2 seats, many aftermarket mods - but most *decrease* the quality, needs really large engine to go fast, unreliable - tendency to break down or need a lot of servicing
    Bought by: people who want the best, the fastest or the most modern

A Blackberry is like a Porsche Cayenne:
    For: Comfort for 5 people, can handle off-road, goes anywhere, performance can surprise most people, rare
    Against: Few mods (who would mod a Cayenne), you either love or hate the styling, rare (yes I know it is in both)
    Bought by: people who just want to be able to go everywhere and do anything in comfort without sacrificing performance

So with a bit of luck, you worked out that:
    engine = CPU
    seats = multitasking
    Mods = apps
    Comfort = ease of use

Hmmm, enough of the deep and meaningful - off to work in the Cayenne (joking).
    11-05-13 03:59 PM
    I can describe the Z10 using a car analogy:

The iphone is like a common small 2 seater sports car (eg. MX5).
    For: Great fun, lots of aftermarket mods, performs quite well, fashionable, reliable
    Against: Only seats 2 people, no luggage space, really not that fast when you push it.
    Bought by: Single young people

An Andoid is like an italian sports car (eg. Ferrari):
    For: Some have insanely good looks, very large powerfull engines, fastest around the track
    Against: Still only 2, or at most 2+2 seats, many aftermarket mods - but most *decrease* the quality, needs really large engine to go fast, unreliable - tendency to break down or need a lot of servicing
    Bought by: people who want the best, the fastest or the most modern

A Blackberry is like a Porsche Cayenne:
    For: Comfort for 5 people, can handle off-road, goes anywhere, performance can surprise most people, rare
    Against: Few mods (who would mod a Cayenne), you either love or hate the styling, rare (yes I know it is in both)
    Bought by: people who just want to be able to go everywhere and do anything in comfort without sacrificing performance

So with a bit of luck, you worked out that:
    engine = CPU
    seats = multitasking
    Mods = apps
    Comfort = ease of use

Hmmm, enough of the deep and meaningful - off to work in the Cayenne (joking).
    This is possibly the worst thing I have ever read on Crackberry. Thank you for bringing us to an all time low for FanBoy responses. Kudos
    11-05-13 09:50 PM
    Instead of all the comparisons to cars, why not just say it in plain English?

The Z10 is an extremely useful,reliable,productive, innovative phone.

No car comparison can tell anyone this.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 02:40 AM
42 12