Hey man, you know not me or my intentions. So don't presume to tell me of my intent.

I happen to own a 16 mp Olympus for serious pics. I was making a point about the mp myth,

which (keep up with your kool-aid) is true. When I want a fast pic of something to share with my friends

or someone hits my car or etc....nice to have the ability to document it.

don't tell me what I'm trying to justify chump!! You don't know me at all.
    Lol. You say that people who want bigger megapixel pics are suckers that are falling for a myth.
    I counter by saying actually, even though it's not infallible, it's a decent way to make rough approximations about what you're getting, camera wise, from a device.
    You decide that your 3.2 megapixel shooter is 'good enough' for everyone, and anyone who wants more is a sucker.
    I say the 5 Megapixel 9900 shooter wasn't good enough for me and explain why.
    You call me a chump and get aggressive. Sounds about right.

Everyone trying to justify using a poor shooter on their phone seems to have a DSLR hidden away in his trousers. I don't. My smartphone shooter is all I carry, and that's why it has to be good enough. Don't tell me a smartphone shooter is good enough when it's not, because you carry a DSLR in your trousers. That's just stupid.
    It's like saying the email experience is good enough on the Z10 because I have a laptop in my back pocket.

Being a BlackBerry Elite member in the UK, from what I recall and remember, is that having bigger this and that, is to much and unsettle the smooth running of the device.

Posted via CB10
    As an Elite member, you're telling us that more specs would destabilise the device? Seriously?
    Somehow I find that hard to believe, in fact that would be a nightmare for the platform!

Are you an app dev? Are there actually any devs on the Elite team for the UK? Just curious.
    03-24-13 01:30 PM
    @bobauckland.... Don't tell people you don't know...what their intentions are.....chump. You sound shallow and just festering to

push buttons. So ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ you don't matter. To me. Conversation over for me.
    03-24-13 01:38 PM
    @bobauckland.... Don't tell people you don't know...what their intentions are.....chump. You sound shallow and just festering to

push buttons. So ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ you don't matter. To me. Conversation over for me.
    And that post tells us all we need to know about you young one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:35 PM
    Thanks. That is important to me. I never want to "have" to connect to a computer
    Honestly me either and I didn't with my old BlackBerry other than for the same reasons, but I understand others with different circumstances didn't have a choice. Like Hotmail calendars and bis' lack of calendar support for them. Or software updates.. thankfully on Bb10 and playbook these are ota.

Even file sharing is wireless now through wifi. I really never have to connect unless to sync music, personally. Still have to physically connect it to a tv through hdmi though, lol but I prefer that than spending extra on airplay for the other platform, but again that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:40 PM
    I think that BlackBerry went with the specs that they did because most people who wanted the new BlackBerry 10 devices will purchase this device weather it has 2 or 4 processors. We've been waiting for this device so long that whatever they put in it, we will still purchase it. But I still feel they should have came out swinging for a knock out with the specs. I don't understand why they didn't include the front facing speakers just like the PlayBook, now the HTC ONE came out with it 1st and they look like the champs, smh. Don't really care for 8 vs13 mega pixels, I just wanted a great camera on my phone. The Z10 takes decent pictures but if I'm in a low light situation, I have to use my iPhone 4s to take a picture, and I hate that because I'm a BlackBerry die hard fanatic. I hate being the last one to get up to par specs on my cell phone because I like BlackBerry. I wish BlackBerry can come out with another phone before the holidays that would put us on top of the food chain (as far as specs and/or gadgets). I wouldn't care if it needs all the power or not. If you don't care for it, don't purchase it. But I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people like me that would get the phone because it's the best, even if they are not BlackBerry users. I believe we have the best software in the market, now give me the best hardware with it, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:46 AM
    My Note 2 had quad-core.

My Z10 has dual-core.

My Z10 is faster than the Note 2.
    05-21-13 06:16 AM
    too long a thread... i only went through the first three pages and then this page 13...
    i believe and this is my own opnion, this is what i think... when they develop a phone they test every aspect of it... with different combinations and things... and i believe they chose the options and combinations which worked the best... and they went for optimization and practicality...
    now if it was only for specs... a new company would launch a mega phone... i say mega coz of the size of it... having 2160P+ screen, 20+ cores, 100+ MP camera with SLR and/or DSLR and 100%+ night vision, 100%+ IR and UV capabilities... 100+ GB Ram and 1+ TB storage... Bluetooth, redtooth, blacktooth, Wifi, NFC, 4G, 5G, 6G+, high end dolby 10.2+ surround speakers, scanner, lazer color printer, and all the other techy junk you can think of and pack that in too... it will be high tech... very high tech... and very large... thus a Mega Phone... carry it in your back pack... by the way there would be extra charges for the back pack... it could be purchased in the cycle option too where you could open the back pack and convert it into a bi-cycle... the device will be charged as you ride the bike (but again that would be extra $$$)... it will replace the desktop, laptop, palmtop, scanner, printer and everything else... do you think people would line up crazy to buy the mega phone???
    but would that be logical... would you evey use it... the phone you may but what about the specs... i believe you may never get to use the 20 cores all of it at 100% and why do you need a very high end camera in a smart phone... that is why you have specialized professional cameras for...
    i know it's a bit too over exagerated but i hope people get the point... we don't need 4 cores in a phone when the desktops aren't using their 4+ cores 100% why do you think the phone may need them... the only reason... i can think of is either the OS is inefficient or they are just trying to sell you on the specs... as they don't have any other factor to give them the edge over others...
    by the way if someone steals my idea of the mega phone... i get the first one free... ;-)
    and please don't take this seriously... :-)
    05-21-13 06:45 AM
    IMHO if we can add additional processing power with more cores then it should be added.

In the US most carrier's have 2 year contracts. So I believe that the phone should have decent specs to carry you through the next 2 years.

Jeff

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:46 AM
    I think.the kernel system it is designed on doesn't need that much power

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:33 AM
    Quad-Core technology was something people in computers will tell you that only 5%-10% of the the 3 other cores are being used and this is true, so how much is being used on the 3 other cores on a phone........... 1%-3% yep that's all.

They will never truly utilize ever 100% of all 4 cores, all the cores are doing is spreading the information across the scores, but not all information is spread, so that means 1 Core the main core is the one doing most of the work.

Think of it like a Raid System where info is spread across hard-drives and is mirrored across the drives and info is pulled from each drive, doe sit make it faster..... NOPE, only time in a raid configuration is it faster is when in RAID 0 for faster bootup and gaming performance and loading applications, but in Raid 0 if one drive fails you lose all info on other drive.

Now back to quad-core processing its like PC's not yet today and will never utilize all 4 cores, same goes for phones only a percentage a small percentage at that will be used, is it faster NOPE its only doing the same amount of processes as on a single core will do.
    05-21-13 07:50 AM
    I think.the kernel system it is designed on doesn't need that much power

Posted via CB10
    You don't need it, until you need it. That said, my Z10 runs smooth with a dual core.

But first you have to get people to buy your devices. Apple is Apple, spec don't really matter that much... doubt many people know what an iP5 has in it. But most ever other phone it's about the specs, and that goes for the Z10 and the Q10. It just doesn't LOOK good when BB premium devices that is selling at the same price point has fewer cores, fewer camera pixels... and so on. Perception is the name of the game and BlackBerry had a LOT to overcome.

They didn't come out with the big BANG that everyone (including Kevin) said they needed with their first new BB10 device. Not saying the Z10 isn't a great mid range device that true fans of BB won't love. Just that it isn't anything special when compared to more powerful devices that have full ecosystems and mature OS.
    05-21-13 07:58 AM
    A fluid user experience is the result of the marriage of software and hardware. As it is, the Z10 behaves very smoothly with the speed of light on only 2 cores but which other platforms need 4 cores to accomplish. Adding a quad core will make the Z10 zip at twice the speed of light which is not needed and which will only drain the battery.

Also, the megapixel war is being waged through myth propagation that a better picture is obtained only through higher resolution. If I'm not mistaken, a 3mp resolution is enough to print a 4x6 picture and a 6mp resolution is enough to print 8x10. How big do you print pictures from the phone camera if they are being printed at all? My original canon rebel dslr is only 6.3 Mega pixel, and my canon 40D is only 10 mega pixel. But I assure you, they take better pictures than any camera phones in the market at whatever megapixel point.
    05-21-13 08:02 AM
    My original canon rebel dslr is only 6.3 Mega pixel, and my canon 40D is only 10 mega pixel. But I assure you, they take better pictures than any camera phones in the market at whatever megapixel point.
    I agree as my cannon 10.1 mega pixel camera is way better then any phone I own and previously owned.

So is my older camera that uses telescopic lenses...... FTW
    05-21-13 08:16 AM
    Do you really need it

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:52 AM
314 ... 111213