I've recently reverted back to 10.0 and updated via t mobile's carrier update to 10.1.0.2006 and my phone is just lagging and chopping up more than ever! I've security wiped after the setup, I security wiped again after I backed up all my data, media, etc. And yet, more lag!
    What could be the cause of this..
    Is it my fault for loading up leaked OSs?!

Posted via my z10!
    07-03-13 08:41 PM
    Have you installed any apps since the security wipe? If yes, maybe one of those apps are causing an issue. Failing that, try resetting to factory, and see how it acts...
    07-03-13 08:48 PM
    I haven't installed a leak or got an update yet. But I've heard people say the first hours or maybe day after upgrading it seems to lag. Almost like a settling in period. Then it corrects itself. I haven't seen it myself, and don't understand why it would do it, but I've seen people say that a lot.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:48 PM
    Yes I have installed apps that I've previously had nothing new, maybe I should do a factory reset. And yea I've heard that aswell, but this has been the case for EVERY single leak I've had, I am now leak free and this still continues. I will keep you posted to see how it progresses.

Posted via my z10!
    07-03-13 09:03 PM
    Lag? No. She run beautiful z10

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:09 PM
    I've recently reverted back to 10.0 and updated via t mobile's carrier update to 10.1.0.2006 and my phone is just lagging and chopping up more than ever! I've security wiped after the setup, I security wiped again after I backed up all my data, media, etc. And yet, more lag!

Posted via my z10!
    Try reinstalling software again but do not restore your data and see how the phone responds. Use it for a bit just to test out.
    If no lag restore your data
    If the lag returns then you may have something that was courped and is being put back when you restore your data

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-03-13 09:15 PM

Posted via my z10!
    I have T-MOBILE update my phone is working fine so far. Where is it lagging?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:16 PM
    Try reinstalling software again but do not restore your data and see how the phone responds. Use it for a bit just to test out.
    If no lag restore your data
    If the lag returns then you may have something that was courped and is being put back when you restore your data

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking! Unfortunately I am currently at work. So I will try this as soon as I get home. Now when you say reinstall software, meaning? Factory reset my phone? Just to clarify it.

Posted via my z10!
    Last edited by hazarder; 07-03-13 at 10:15 PM.
    07-03-13 09:54 PM
    I have T-MOBILE update my phone is working fine so far. Where is it lagging?

Posted via CB10
    Mainly when I'm sliding through my active frames. Either from my hub over to the frames or from my apps over to the active frames.

Posted via my z10!
    07-03-13 09:56 PM
    Reinstall software means that you security wipe ur Z 10 and then update it if necessary and not restoring from the back up.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    07-03-13 10:20 PM
    Yes, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking! Unfortunately I am currently at work. So I will try this as soon as I get home. Now when you say reinstall software, meaning? Factory reset my phone? Just to clarify it.

Posted via my z10!
    Using BlackBerry Link. Reinstall software

07-03-13 10:28 PM
    Okay, I have done so. Reinstalled software. Nothing else. The phone seems fine, but the lag still exist mainly when I have apps like CB10 and BlackBerry World open because once they are active frames they have like motion frames if you understand me correctly. Every other app that is a still active frame does not make my phone choppy.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:13 AM
    Okay, I have done so. Reinstalled software. Nothing else. The phone seems fine, but the lag still exist mainly when I have apps like CB10 and BlackBerry World open because once they are active frames they have like motion frames if you understand me correctly. Every other app that is a still active frame does not make my phone choppy.

Posted via CB10
    Try having just one app open at a time ...only have Blackberry World open with nothing else....try to find out if it's more than one app open that does it.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:22 AM
    Try having just one app open at a time ...only have Blackberry World open with nothing else....try to find out if it's more than one app open that does it.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, just one app. Right now as I'm writing this I back out and scroll around with only CB10 running and it chops up on the active frame screen. Same goes for BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:34 AM
    And it starts to get laggy as soon as the motion pictures start to change and what not.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:35 AM
    The way to troubleshoot is always the same--simplify, simplify, simplify!

I suspect what's happening is the initial universal search indexing is using the processor. To prove that, remove most stuff it needs to index. Remove all the accounts under Settings, Accounts. I mean ALL of them. Let the phone set for about 2 hours with no accounts and test the performance. Is it smooth? Put back accounts one at time with time between each new addition. Check performance along the way.

This is standard troubleshooting methodology.
    Wise words lol. I will do! Thank you.

Posted via that z10!
    07-04-13 02:00 PM
    If u have a lot of email that is syncing when u first set it up I find its lags until the sync I complete.

Cleared up on the few z10s that ran slow later in the day

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:03 PM

Posted via my z10!
    Are u currently using work wifi by any chance? My acts up at work with work's wifi. Because their are very bad,beside that at home or any where work just fine.

Golf=passion
    07-04-13 02:08 PM
    Mine lagged for the first day but then it settled.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:10 PM
    Are u currently using work wifi by any chance? My acts up at work with work's wifi. Because their are very bad,beside that at home or any where work just fine.

Golf=passion
    No sir. I rarely ever am on wifi in general.

Posted via that z10!
    07-04-13 02:14 PM
    Okay I've deleted all my accounts, now to wait two hours.

Posted via that z10!
    07-04-13 02:24 PM
    The way to troubleshoot is always the same--simplify, simplify, simplify!

I suspect what's happening is the initial universal search indexing is using the processor. To prove that, remove most stuff it needs to index. Remove all the accounts under Settings, Accounts. I mean ALL of them. Let the phone set for about 2 hours with no accounts and test the performance. Is it smooth? Put back accounts one at time with time between each new addition. Check performance along the way.

This is standard troubleshooting methodology.
    Okay so I've done this, it's been about three hours and the lag still persists with CB10, as well BlackBerry World. I wonder what else I can do. Could this possibly have to do with my sd card? Or like the things I have in its storage??

Posted via that z10!
    07-04-13 05:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-laggy-811394/
    I had this problem. To solve it all you need to do is hold down your power button and restart you device until you see that blue screen where it boots up from. This should prevent lag for a while. 10.1 started it.

Posted via CB10
    hazarder likes this.
    07-04-13 06:04 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-laggy-811394/
    I had this problem. To solve it all you need to do is hold down your power button and restart you device until you see that blue screen where it boots up from. This should prevent lag for a while. 10.1 started it.

Posted via CB10
    Ah I've read this post before, but my problem is not nearly as bad as the screen freezing up. I will do this though just to see. I've done it before, but hey who knows.
    Side note: my battery life has all of a sudden become amazing! Lol

Posted via that z10!
    ATMJOE likes this.
    07-04-13 06:07 PM
    After that 30 second restart trick? Mine always goes down cos all the apps and the Hub set themselves up. That's pretty odd. Wanna swap?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 07:03 PM
46 12