Dear all
    after the third time i tried to find out a solution, I can assure that it's not my fault:
    That's what happens:

performed wipe, reinstalled new OS, restored contacts and just few settings (whatsapp and another app saved settings) and made all the procedure to install Google Account, ID, Play Services, Settings etc as well known Cobalt's instructions. Installed Pached Gmaps and pached FlightRadar24. After reboot, I tried to open Google Maps, it starts to load and after few seconds brutally close. Same thing with FR24, it loads but at the moment it needs to load maps, it crashes brutally. If I quick try to re-open, the "green loading bar" appears in the middle of the screen as if Android "emulation" has to be reloaded completely (permit me some mistakes, i'm not a technician, but I think you can understand what I mean). Other application not using Google Maps dependencies works properly if pached with Google Services Patcher. I'm pretty sure that I do all the procedures correctly, but I think there is something more big than my knowledge about BB.
    12-28-15 03:18 PM
    What OS version? Which Z10 variant?
    12-28-15 03:21 PM
    You try Sideloading an old BAR file, mine still works great, even though I switched to Maps with Me a long time ago.
    12-28-15 03:24 PM
    STL100-2
    OS 10.3.2.2836, but the error exists since previous versions
    12-28-15 04:47 PM
    STL100-2
    OS 10.3.2.2836, but the error exists since previous versions
    I'm not quite sure I can diagnose the problem you are having with the information you have provided.

I will offer hope that you should be able to get GMaps working perfectly, as my Z10s are setup the same way as yours and I have no issue.

Since you are on 10.3.2.2786, I would load the Android Runtime bars from 2813, as using the ones from 2786 is a non-starter as they are riddled with errors.
    12-28-15 08:53 PM
    https://mega.nz/#!9JIhFIyJ!GYnFXMeLD...bjpSCZBeHP1ueQ

Link to bar files mentioned by Conite.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 01:40 AM
    Hi all!
    Thanks for the support. Installed the 2 bar files but nothing changed. I'd like to come back to newer BAR files because all the other apps are working not better as before... how can I do?

Anyway, Google Maps crashes, GPS status crashes, FlightRadar 24 pro crashes. But not BB Maps or Waze, for example.
    I had another problem regarding Magnetometer sensor, not working since a lot, lot of time, and lot of OS upgrade (I have red X on Virtual Expert sensor list). May these 2 problem be related? I really don't think this, but I tell you for completeness.

Thanks again
    Regards
    12-29-15 06:48 AM
    My thoughts are your issue lies with the patched Google services but I will qualify my suggestion...I am not a tech or developer and what I suggest is usually from trial and error.

Unless someone else can suggest a quick fix I would be inclined to start all over with a clean wipe and reload, but not to OS 2876.
    I would stick with OS 2639 and reinstall Cobalt's work around to the letter, repatch Gmap and FR. My thought is given the known problem with the Android runtime it's probably best to eliminate that possibility.

I would also avoid any additional backups /installs until this process is confirmed.

As far as the sensor issues unless your GPS isn't working it shouldn't be a problem.

You may want to consider a post in Cobalt's. Official thread or a PM to Cobalt himself if your problem continues. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 12:43 PM
    Be sure to use Play Services Patcher and not Gmaps Patcher (old) or Lucky Patcher (low success rate)
    12-29-15 12:51 PM
    Thanks for the reply, thanks to Cobalt for detail! I always use Play Services Patcher with success, no problem!
    I'm pretty sure that OS 2639 and another previous updates has this same identical problem. I can't be sure when it's really started, I never had time in the past due to personal issues to study this problem. What I really know is that time ago everything works, and after few updates, trials, dozen of wipes, the problem persists. This installation I did this time was the cleanest I ever did... so I decided to ask in the forum! Any suggestion is appreciated. At the moment I have a phone that has NO magnetometer and NO Google Maps or any google maps related apps. (Quite unuseful for a pilot...).
    Thanks again!
    12-29-15 01:28 PM
    Be reassured that you should be able to get this to work. For experimentation on my PP, I have just installed a patched "free FR24" with success. All appears to be working fine. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 03:31 AM
    Dear all
    after the third time i tried to find out a solution, I can assure that it's not my fault:
    That's what happens:

performed wipe, reinstalled new OS, restored contacts and just few settings (whatsapp and another app saved settings) and made all the procedure to install Google Account, ID, Play Services, Settings etc as well known Cobalt's instructions. Installed Pached Gmaps and pached FlightRadar24. After reboot, I tried to open Google Maps, it starts to load and after few seconds brutally close. Same thing with FR24, it loads but at the moment it needs to load maps, it crashes brutally. If I quick try to re-open, the "green loading bar" appears in the middle of the screen as if Android "emulation" has to be reloaded completely (permit me some mistakes, i'm not a technician, but I think you can understand what I mean). Other application not using Google Maps dependencies works properly if pached with Google Services Patcher. I'm pretty sure that I do all the procedures correctly, but I think there is something more big than my knowledge about BB.
    Why would someone need Google maps when there is the Osmand free GPS on BlackBerry World?
    01-03-16 01:44 PM
    Why would someone need Google maps when there is the Osmand free GPS on BlackBerry World?
    For the most part I believe that the OPs issue was really the need for functional Google play services in order to allow the use of the flight mapping app.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 05:54 PM
    My Google maps works alright, it just takes a bit longer to load tho

Z10-STL100-2 | SR10.3.2.2530 | OS10.3.2.2813
    01-05-16 11:12 AM
    Dear all
    That's what happens:

Diego...I had some free time and money to burn and I CAN CONFIRM THAT BOTH THE FREE AND PAID VERSION OF FR24 can be patched successfully with thanks to Cobalt.

Hope it has worked out for you too.
    Why are my Google Maps and related apps crashing - unuseful Z10?-img_20160105_192934.png

Why are my Google Maps and related apps crashing - unuseful Z10?-img_20160105_192816.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 09:30 PM
    I have the same problem as you, on the same version of OS and Z10 as you, it camed factory unlocked.
    The farest i get once is the "Accept & use" button showed up but thats all.
    Sadly i wanted to use Citymaper, wich is not working without it. After a few attempts i decided to buy a cheap somehow normal android based phone, instead of another Z10 i wanted to. :/
    12-20-16 12:52 PM