Hello guys, I'm pretty new to BB and would need one for work. Here's the story:

I was looking for a dirt cheap BB device to use for my work when I found an ad that offered a BBZ10. It mentioned on the ad that the BB ID was forgotten and that they had a technician "Hide the BB ID". All is well on the phone, I can access email, use BBM, use the internet but the gallery is missing and I cannot browse files as well.

I know that this is a result of me being cheap but I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to have a full working suit of BB apps (gallery included)

The Z10 is a STL100-1 running on 10.3.2.2639 build 793740

Any help is appreciated.
    05-05-16 04:48 PM

I was looking for a dirt cheap BB device to use for my work when I found an ad that offered a BBZ10. It mentioned on the ad that the BB ID was forgotten and that they had a technician "Hide the BB ID". All is well on the phone, I can access email, use BBM, use the internet but the gallery is missing and I cannot browse files as well.

I know that this is a result of me being cheap but I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to have a full working suit of BB apps (gallery included)

Any help is appreciated.
    They've left anti-theft enabled. Not much you can do other than hammer at them to update and remove the device from BlackBerry Protect.

Any help is appreciated.
    They've left anti-theft enabled. Not much you can do other than hammer at them to update and remove the device from BlackBerry Protect.
    05-05-16 05:19 PM
    Thanks Fret! I asked them but they said they totally forgot the BB ID creds which is the reason why the had a technician "Hide" the ID. It seems like it's running a developers edition os since I can sometimes see a floating cpu monitor window.

So I was just eondering if there is an autoloader I can use to flash a BB10 version that would still let me put my own BB ID instead of an incomplete dev edition os that works but has some missing key apps.
    05-05-16 06:04 PM
    Hi. I backed up my Z10 by tethering it to my computer, and using the icon for that purpose. When I was done, many of my pics had been removed from my device (not all - about half). Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Please use intermediate computer speak or lingo.
    05-05-16 06:25 PM
    Anyone have an idea on an autoloader I can use?
    05-06-16 02:53 PM
    Anyone have an idea on an autoloader I can use?
    The anti-theft isn't able to be bypassed by an autoloader. That's the point.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    05-06-16 03:31 PM
    Anti-theft cannot be bypassed by wiping the OS and reinstalling a fresh image. It is tied to the device's hardware IDs and as soon as it is on a network it activates. As mentioned above, the previous owner needs to remove the device from BlackBerry Protect. The seller "forgetting" the BlackBerry ID seems silly to me. Demand a refund.
    05-06-16 04:13 PM
    A technician cannot hide the Blackberry ID. Flat out like - the device is stolen.
    05-07-16 12:35 AM
    Ok, so does that mean the BBID was not forgotten then? I mean that is what they told me.

As of the moment I have my BBID logged in, can I then just flash the latest autoloader?
    05-07-16 02:12 AM
    Ok, so does that mean the BBID was not forgotten then? I mean that is what they told me.

As of the moment I have my BBID logged in, can I then just flash the latest autoloader?
    See Thurask's post above. You have to remove the device from Blackberry Protect first. It cannot be bypassed by an autoloader. Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 09:04 AM
    Without knowing the original BBID, you will not be able to change it, remove BlackBerry Protect, be able to wipe, or run an autoloader.

You either use it the way you do now, or you will have a brick.
    05-07-16 09:06 AM
    Alright.. thanks guys! Appreciate it
    05-08-16 02:51 PM
    Alright.. thanks guys! Appreciate it
    There is a custom autoloader that bypasses the anti theft. I've used it before to Unlock a Z30, it works on all models of bb10. U run it and use it to bypass the anti theft log in with preferred Creds. then reinstall a fresh OS with Ur new creds.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:05 AM
    There is a custom autoloader that bypasses the anti theft. I've used it before to Unlock a Z30, it works on all models of bb10. U run it and use it to bypass the anti theft log in with preferred Creds. then reinstall a fresh OS with Ur new creds.

Posted via CB10
    [citation needed]
    05-10-16 09:06 AM
    [citation needed]
    Okay... am only providing this information assuming that the "said phone" isn't actually stolen cos in my case it wasn't a stolen phone. So what ever is done with the info am providing is the users full responsibility.

U need to have two autoloader files.. 1St Ur original bb10 phone model autoloader and the one I'll provide. So u can source the 1st one out on Ur own.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9TOG...xport=download

It's a Q10 autoloader but will work on any bb10 device.

1st run your original bb10 OS
    Then run this custom os then change the ID to what you want
    DON'T proceed to setup the phone after you have logged in with Ur new creds.
    Then reinstall the original os for your model, login with Ur new creds and Ur up and running.

As I said before... all consequences to using this info is entirely your responsibility.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by SeedMella; 05-10-16 at 09:52 AM.
    Thecab611 likes this.
    05-10-16 09:24 AM
    05-10-16 09:59 AM
    Nope... not at all. Never came across that thread before...

Posted via CB10 Z10 10.3.2.2876 [SeedMella]
    05-10-16 10:05 AM
    Nope... not at all. Never came across that thread before...

It's the same magic 2267 idea. Debunked.
    05-10-16 10:10 AM
    It's the same magic 2267 idea. Debunked.
    Hmnnn. I don't know about that... but I used it to bypass anti theft on a Z30 some time in February... not sure ur "Debunked" idea is same as this though.

05-10-16 10:15 AM
    Hmnnn. I don't know about that... but I used it to bypass anti theft on a Z30 some time in February... not sure ur "Debunked" idea is same as this though.

Thanks SeedMella! I think that is what the technician did with this phone. I can assure you guys though that this is not a stolen phone. I legitimately purchased this at a low price, sold that way because the owner forgot the BB creds and decided to sell it as defective.
    05-16-16 03:29 AM