Greetings,

I have observed my camera images are in two locations.
    1. Device/camera
    2. Device / misc / android / dcim / camera
    Why is this? Does this eats my space.

By the way i want all my data moved into my new memory card. Anything download ed and dropped through link should get into my card not phone. I only need my apps in phone memory.

Regards,
    Inblueswithu-BB

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:24 AM
    Greetings,

1. Device/camera
    No, your images are not stored twice. The second folder address points to the same physical space in the phone storage as the first one. This second address is used by Android apps. So if you delete anything from "Device / misc / android / dcim / camera" it will be also deleted from "Device/camera" (and the other way around).

By the way i want all my data moved into my new memory card. Anything download ed and dropped through link should get into my card not phone. I only need my apps in phone memory.
    One way is to use File Manager to move your files from phone internal memory to your SD Card.

Be sure that you activate:
    - in Camera > Settings > "Save on Media Card"
    - in BlackBerry World > Settings > General Settings > "Save to Media Card"

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    Any photos on your device memory will eat the memory yes. You DO have space there though and a lot of people use it. I suggest getting a card, plugging into a PC and dragging everything out of device memory over to the card. Make sure the card is formatted in the phone so BlackBerry makes its directory system of folders. Then you can drag the photos into the proper folder.
    04-30-14 07:33 AM
    Are all the camera images you talk of taken with the camera thru the actual camera app., or are some taken using a 3rd party app., such as Instagram?

If you go into the camera, swipe from the top and hit settings, the top option is whether you wish to save to your medai card or not. Make sure this is on and it should only do so from then on.
    04-30-14 07:35 AM
    Greetings,

1. Device/camera
    No, your images are not stored twice. The second folder address points to the same physical space in the phone storage as the first one. This second address is used by Android apps. So if you delete anything from "Device / misc / android / dcim / camera" it will be also deleted from "Device/camera" (and the other way around).

One way is to use File Manager to move your files from phone internal memory to your SD Card.

Be sure that you activate:
    - in Camera > Settings > "Save on Media Card"
    - in BlackBerry World > Settings > General Settings > "Save to Media Card"

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    Ecm, kbz1960 and CMcRob like this.
    04-30-14 07:36 AM
    serbanescu is correct. I found this out the hard way. Think of the entries in the Android folder as links to the actual location in the device/camera folder.
    kbz1960 and CMcRob like this.
    04-30-14 08:08 AM
    Really thanks for your help!! I'm surprised by such a good response Now i understand my images are not getting stored twice. They are just a link for android apps to use them. And I would change my settings to store all my camera pics to my memory card.

By the way why music from link is being stored in misc/LinkDrop. I have no problem except that it will be good if it lands in my memory card.

Is there any way to "select all" in a directory to move/copy?

P.S. I'm not using any third party camera app.
    Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 08:23 AM

Is there any way to "select all" in a directory to move/copy?

Posted via CB10
    Navigate to the files/folder you want to move, press and hold, and then use the tick to select the ones you need, then use move (top icon on the right), navigate back to the folder you want to move them and hit 'Move'.
    04-30-14 09:38 AM
    I understand how to select few items. what is my position if i want to select all the items in a directory, if it has 100items? I have to touch 100 of them!! I guess this should be included in the future updates

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:37 AM
    I understand how to select few items what is my position if i want to select all the items in a directory, if it has 100items? I have to touch 100 of them!! I guess this should be included in the future updates

Posted via CB10
    If you mean 'folder' when you say directory, you can press and hold that, and move it all at once, in the same way you would an individual file.
    05-01-14 10:39 AM
    No i don't want to keep folders in other folders!! Those recursive folders, i hate them. I infact want to move contents of folders as I said before. And I observe that's a missing feature here

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:13 PM