My blackberry z10 is about a year old, last week it kept restarting and then completely died, i tried to charge it for a whole day but kept showing the red led light. it wont connect to my pc, tried apploader, bblink etc and my phone just doesnt connect to my pc. i dont want to take it into repair, any ideas on how to bring it back to life?? everytime i plug my wall and usb charger into my phone it blinks for abit the stops. ive also tried battery pulls etc? what should i do?
    12-05-14 04:07 PM
    Have you tried plugging it with the battery off and then try to reload with link

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-05-14 04:12 PM
    Have you tried plugging it with the battery off and then try to reload with link

Posted via CB10
    Yes, pull the batter and try to connect

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 04:29 PM
    Sorry to say, but it is a paper weight now. I'v seen several reports of Z10s suddenly bricking themselves for no obvious reason exactly as you've described. The red LED will still work, but nothing else does and the PC won't recognize them. I call the problem the Red LED of Death. It is a problem with the hardware on the main board, not software related. Something either burned up, shorted or became loose, but there isn't anything you can do to fix. Or atleast I've never heard of anyone being able to fix it.

BlackBerry should help out the people who have had this happen to them. Smartphones should last longer than a year with out dying on their own unexpectedly.
    12-06-14 05:51 PM
    I'v seen several reports of Z10s suddenly bricking themselves for no obvious reason...
    Samsung memory chip fail, probably. Early versions of their own Galaxy S3 had many reported "sudden death" issues. No mobile device is fail proof, especially in consumer electronics. Thousands of phones, tablets, gps navigations, media players, etc. fail every day. Military and aerospace electronics are much more reliable, but the price is 10x.
    12-06-14 06:21 PM
    Samsung memory chip fail, probably. Early versions of their own Galaxy S3 had many reported "sudden death" issues. No mobile device is fail proof, especially in consumer electronics. Thousands of phones, tablets, gps navigations, media players, etc. fail every day. Military and aerospace electronics are much more reliable, but the price is 10x.
    Uhmkay, thanks for stating the obvious. You'll notice that no one has claimed that there are fool proof mobile devices out there. I certainly didn't. So why bring up Samsung in this thread?

Since you brought it up, there have been 50 million Glaxy S3s sold. Of course there will be reports of lemons when they make that many of them. How many Z10s have committed suicide within a year compared to how many of them were actually made/sold? I imagine if we had the data and could do the math, we might be shocked to learn the percentage of faulty Z10s there are out there.

Like I said, I'd like to see BlackBerry do something to help out all of the folks who have encountered this problem. A smartphone, no matter who makes it, should last longer than "about a year". If it doesn't, the manufacturer should make it right.
    12-06-14 07:14 PM
    My blackberry z10 is about a year old, last week it kept restarting and then completely died, i tried to charge it for a whole day but kept showing the red led light. it wont connect to my pc, tried apploader, bblink etc and my phone just doesnt connect to my pc. i dont want to take it into repair, any ideas on how to bring it back to life?? everytime i plug my wall and usb charger into my phone it blinks for abit the stops. ive also tried battery pulls etc? what should i do?
    Hey Jerry,

Have you tried another battery?

Have a look at:

BB Z10 (100-2) won't turn on: red led blinks once ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-06-14 07:38 PM
    So why bring up Samsung in this thread?
    Simply because Blackberry Z10 phones use Samsung memory chips from exactly the same period when Samsung chips were failing in SGS3 phones. I've seen some Nynix chips used in Z10, but most are Samsung. I'm not saying this is the exact reason for some Z10 to fail, but it's possible.

I imagine if we had the data and could do the math, we might be shocked to learn the percentage of faulty Z10s there are out there.
    It's very very small %, I know that. Z10 is a very reliable device.
    12-06-14 08:52 PM
    Just curious which model of Z10 do you have?

Powered by Z10
    12-06-14 08:59 PM
    @PACbitesJerry - Please try this: Get LINK up and running with your Z10 not connected and the battery out.
    The next steps have to happen sort of quickly so it might take 2x to get it right:

1 Start LINK - Choose your Z10 from the menu on the left.
    2 Pick Reload Software from the choice at the bottom of the window.- Link may ask you to hold the power button down. don't worry about that.
    3 Connect the battery to your Z10 OR just connect the USB cable (it might take power from that and it might "count")
    4 quickly connect the USB cable while the Z10 is still booting
    5 this should wake up LINK and cause the reload SW to appear.

OPTION 2:

Use one of the autoloaders to force feed your Z10 an update - might as well use 10.3.1.1154
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-06-14 09:05 PM
    Mine just died like yours too after...loading 10.3.1.1949.....still dont know whaat to do at this stage.
    01-03-15 07:29 PM
    Hello all mine just died too. Can some one help. as reported by op and others it won't connect to BBLINK either. just the RED LED glows for few minutes and then that too dis appears. I need my phone to up ASAP to work.

mine is still on 10.2 .x and never tried any leaked versions of 10.3 etc. not sure why z10 dies in the first place. it was working well until about 3 pm and it was plugged into the outlet for charging,

however, I am open to loading 10.3 leaked version if that is the only way out,
    Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    01-03-15 08:46 PM
    Hello all mine just died too. Can some one help. as reported by op and others it won't connect to BBLINK either. just the RED LED glows for few minutes and then that too dis appears. I need my phone to up ASAP to work.

mine is still on 10.2 .x and never tried any leaked versions of 10.3 etc. not sure why z10 dies in the first place. it was working well until about 3 pm and it was plugged into the outlet for charging,

however, I am open to loading 10.3 leaked version if that is the only way out,
    Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    You and others can try using an Autoloader to either load the official OS for your carrier and phone model or you can load a leak. Usually, there are files available for older OS's. Either in the Leak Subforum or you can check out the Sachesi thread where it can search out and download a copy of older OS's. Or use an Autoloader - it can sometimes load even if bblink fails.

But give BBlink another try. REMOVE the battery, plug in the usb cable and run bblink. Yes, without the battery.

Good luck.
    01-03-15 09:44 PM
    Thank you, will the autoloader work without BBINK ? Can the carrier help in this case AT&T?
    01-03-15 11:32 PM
    You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-dead-986062/

Depending on your symptoms when the phone died pay particular attention to the posts by "tickerguy".
    lulwut likes this.
    01-04-15 12:57 AM
    BlackBerry should give a proper explanation about why too many BlackBerry Z10 devices around the world are suffering sudden death. It happened to me with a couple of Z10 devices and I know my actual Z10 will die sooner than later, in the meantime I keep enjoying this fantastic device but BlackBerry should give an explanation about it because the forums are full of people complaining about BlackBerry Z10 dying.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:07 AM
    I really think it's odds of kicking are no more or less than of other phones. Again, SIDS was re-coined by Apple users to mean "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". If you search around you'll find other phones suffer the same fate. Galaxy Phones also have a "Sudden Death Syndrome" tag. Etc.
    01-04-15 08:40 AM
    Read the thread to which @ar1950 linked. @tickerguy has the knowledge, tools and talent to blow this wide open.

TL;DR: There's a second battery. It can't be recharged... or removed and replaced without some SERIOUS skill and lotsa luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:42 AM
    Thank you, will the autoloader work without BBINK ? Can the carrier help in this case AT&T?
    I believe it can work (do you mean UNinstall bblink or just not run it?). But there are no promises. I found that the Autoloader did work when bblink would not work but if the phone has some real hardware problem, obviously, software attempts will not fix it.

And I don't know if a carrier would help. How old is the phone - warranty or insurance?
    01-04-15 09:15 AM
    Read the thread to which @ar1950 linked. @tickerguy has the knowledge, tools and talent to blow this wide open.

TL;DR: There's a second battery. It can't be recharged... or removed and replaced without some SERIOUS skill and lotsa luck.

Posted via CB10
    Read it, pretty conclusive it is NOT the CMOS battery failing causing the problems. Even Ticker agrees. If you look at the threads I posted on the same link to earlier BBerry models being brought back to life by removing the CMOS battery altogether, then it's even more questionable. Check out the BBerry Support Forum, you'll find failures, but it doesn't seem to me we're talking a huge number. Or, more than chance would predict.
    01-04-15 09:37 AM
    No, I was not sure on how the Autoloader works ( meaning connecting to Z10 without any interface (like BBLINK).
    I will refer to other suggestions and threads pointed to and see if I can make this work.
    I have all day today to figure this out or I have to go back to my Bold 9700 for the time being until Passport is available from AT&T.
    Age wide I will be completing 2 years with this phone in March'2015, but that does not mean a smartphone should die after 2 years, I think we all need ( at a minimum ) answer from Blackberry as to why this happens ?

And I do not have any insurance on it.
    01-04-15 10:22 AM
    MY passport just died like yours too Why isn my nuked/bricked Blackberry Z10 totally dead and won't connect to pc?-20151202_174659.jpgstill dont know whaat to do at this stage
    12-03-15 06:26 AM