Im absolutely staggered by some of the responses on here... its clear that most of you are blinded by one word... "apps".

I hate apps, detest the idea and advertisement machine that follows that damned word. The z10 is missing functionality as it is an inferior phone to a 9900. I can do things on my 9900 that I cant do on my Z10 and in this day and age that is unnaceptable. Im not just toalking about apps but basic functionality that we BB users have been accustomed to for many years. Simple touches like seeing your mobile number on the call screen, delete from mailbox and device options, facebook reminders for anniversary's and links to leave messages... this is simple stuff that should not have gone missing.

It is a great phone but its not for hardcore Blackberry users in my opinion, and certainly not for corporate use.
    Sometimes you just cant win around here. Some members fail to grasp that 1 size does not fit all and the z10, as good as it is, just wont work for everyone. Maybe by the time the q10 comes around you can give that a shot!
    cman5 likes this.
    02-11-13 05:33 AM
    Hope to see you back soon with another Z10.

It's just a new platform, it will take time to get those apps ("Applications", I agree) onto BB10. The bigger it becomes the more likely people are to create/port an app for it. Personally I don't like the ported apps, often I find I can't return from menu's when the back button won't work as it should.

As for the negativity of some people, here are two examples of forums:

1) I used to have an LG Optimus 2X, and frequented XDA forums. The developer community was friendly and it was an enjoyable experience, and people genuinely tried to help each other out.

2) I used to have an HTC EVO 3D, and again frequented XDA forums. Half the community were obnoxious pricks and willing to spit on each other at a moments notice. Whilst I was never under fire from any of this, it was a horrible community to be in, and I am glad I don't go there any more. New guys there were like bait.

I know which community I prefer to be in. Well done to the guys that offered alternative apps and advice :-) All that will happen is that CB won't be able to grow if you take option number 2, you are harming yourselves.
    cman5 likes this.
    02-11-13 05:45 AM
    Personally don't care if there's 70000 apps wouldn't we all prefer a fully working Facebook like7.1 had and an improvement on twitter 7.1 was great also as for the rest it will happen eventually
    02-11-13 06:21 AM
    I'm sorry but after only 4 hrs -I'm returning mine aswell

Blackberry Z10

1. cannot share photos on Facebook (also Facebook completely crashed after 1 hour and it's still NOT working at ALL!!!!)
    2. no shisam, instagram, or watsup, also had trouble logging into wordpress - which is critical!
    3. auto correct - correct words like dinner to dinners and other things that are not correct english.
    4. Auto correct does not allow words like "ur" or "wat" and you have to go back and retype it several times (sometimes with spaces in-between the letters) in order for it to work.
    5. as always all contacts are saved as (work contacts) which voids the purpose of separating (work/personal) contacts in the hub unless you have time to go through thousands of contacts (like I have) and copy and paste each number to personal (which I do not have time to do)
    6. Worst battery life in the history of any device ever made and it takes a long long time to charge! I charged it for 15 minutes and it was dead in a half hour. If you need a charge in a hurry (like everyone who owns a business does), forget about it. - And yes I hooked it to a wall outlet (not a computer) and several different ones at several different times. I've been charging it constantly (wherever I stop) since I got it 4 hrs ago. piece of Sh**t

I predict that this company will be out of business in 2 years or less. - I'm sorry guys, but it's looking that way.
    02-14-13 09:32 PM
    I hope I don't have to go thou this when it comes out here next month
    02-14-13 09:48 PM

Blackberry Z10

1. cannot share photos on Facebook (also Facebook completely crashed after 1 hour and it's still NOT working at ALL!!!!)
    2. no shisam, instagram, or watsup, also had trouble logging into wordpress - which is critical!
    3. auto correct - correct words like dinner to dinners and other things that are not correct english.
    4. Auto correct does not allow words like "ur" or "wat" and you have to go back and retype it several times (sometimes with spaces in-between the letters) in order for it to work.
    5. as always all contacts are saved as (work contacts) which voids the purpose of separating (work/personal) contacts in the hub unless you have time to go through thousands of contacts (like I have) and copy and paste each number to personal (which I do not have time to do)
    6. Worst battery life in the history of any device ever made and it takes a long long time to charge! I charged it for 15 minutes and it was dead in a half hour. If you need a charge in a hurry (like everyone who owns a business does), forget about it. - And yes I hooked it to a wall outlet (not a computer) and several different ones at several different times. I've been charging it constantly (wherever I stop) since I got it 4 hrs ago. piece of Sh**t

I predict that this company will be out of business in 2 years or less. - I'm sorry guys, but it's looking that way.
    No need to be sorry; you do what you must do. All the best with whatever platform you choose.
    02-14-13 09:49 PM

Blackberry Z10

Umm...you...ugh, nevermind...you've been a member here for less time than you allegedly kept the phone, I'm sure many will find your review helpful and trustworthy
    cman5 likes this.
    02-14-13 10:12 PM
    1. Z10 is not going to be the last BB I buy
    2. Apps will come
    3. This is just a beginning for a new mobile computing platform
    cman5 likes this.
    02-14-13 10:25 PM
    Im absolutely staggered by some of the responses on here... its clear that most of you are blinded by one word... "apps".

I hate apps, detest the idea and advertisement machine that follows that damned word. The z10 is missing functionality as it is an inferior phone to a 9900. I can do things on my 9900 that I cant do on my Z10 and in this day and age that is unnaceptable. Im not just toalking about apps but basic functionality that we BB users have been accustomed to for many years. Simple touches like seeing your mobile number on the call screen, delete from mailbox and device options, facebook reminders for anniversary's and links to leave messages... this is simple stuff that should not have gone missing.

It is a great phone but its not for hardcore Blackberry users in my opinion, and certainly not for corporate use.
    I agree with some of these comments. It's that there's so many simple things that seem to be missing or eliminated. I miss the ability to set alarms on my tasks. Heck, I wish my alarm worked this morning! I miss notes. I dearly miss blackberry traffic (maps will navigate but it doesn't accurately factor traffic). I hate the forced contacts from FB. The bridge is now useless. I've been loyal to blackberry by choosing them time and again and picking up the latest and greatest on day 1 (playbook, Z10). The notion of having to be "patient" after a product has been released to market is unacceptable. I won't return it, but it pains me to say I regret being so eager to buy it. I was expecting to be wowed but it's been a "lunchbag letdown".
    kenorian likes this.
    02-14-13 10:39 PM
    yes, being tech savvy and having tried most of the devices out there, it didnt take long to make up my mind
    02-14-13 10:49 PM
    Also it's been an hour and a half - Blackberry z10 is still not even half charged. Luckily it's 11:57pm and I'm not in a hurry to run out the door. If this was a quick 45min lunch break and if I had to go back to work/meetings for the next 6hrs - I'd be without a phone for most of the day.
    02-14-13 10:52 PM

Blackberry Z10

Darrell,

Just for the record.....

Yes you can share photos to Facebook.
    I assume you mean Shazam? Have you checked with the developer to see if they will be supporting Blackberry10?
    Watsup? I must admit I haven't heard of this app? Do you mean WhatsApp? In which case it will be released, the developer has not given a time frame.
    As to battery life, rather the writing it off after not giving sufficient charge after 15 minutes - have you fully charged the phone? Have you followed the various guidance such as using wifi where possible, turning off Bluetooth and NFC when not using them? Yes my battery life was bad for the first few days but given its a new phone and I'm continually playing with it I expect that. Now my usage has returned to normal I get a full day out of it.
    cman5 likes this.
    02-14-13 11:14 PM
    Not "share" to facebook. While on Facebook if you look at another person's picture or a news feed that is posted by another person, you cannot "share" it within the app. I'm glad you managed to get the battery working for you. There are a few highlights about the device that I should point out after calming down from spending money and wasting alot of time today

1. The browser is lightening fast
    2. The ability to access all messages in one place is nice
    3. The camera activates quickly and is great quality.
    4. The calendar and other time features are great

However, lack of apps, Fb crashing and terrible experience with the battery is enough for me to say "bye bye:
    cman5 likes this.
    02-14-13 11:25 PM
    And the Fn blackberry cable is not even charging at all now...(ok one broken cable straight out of the box, that worked for the first hour and a half) but ok! Ziiiiing! another fail! or the cable is fine but the blackberry will not accept the charge.... either way it's a BAD first impression
    02-14-13 11:32 PM
    Just so you know, I am keeping mine.
    02-15-13 12:00 AM
    New update after playing with the phone - if you are typing to the same person and using word abbreviations like "ur" instead of You're or "wat" instead of "what" the phone eventually learns the way you are typing to THAT person. However if you receive a message from a new person and you try to type the same abbreviation you'll have to start all over and press back space 3-4 times before the phone learns how you type to THAT person! Great! If you have only 3-4 people on your contact list... terrible if you have hundreds or thousands!

Blackberry needs to fire their CEO Thorsten Heins and all of their upper management who are getting paid millions. Their only job is to market bs. Blackberry needs to hire the best programmers from google, iphone etc and pay them millions a year to fix the bugs NOW!

Also news flash from 12 hrs ago - EX CEO sold his shares Ex-BlackBerry chief Jim Balsillie sells his shares - Business - CBC News
    02-15-13 12:27 AM
    New update after playing with the phone - if you are typing to the same person and using word abbreviations like "ur" instead of You're or "wat" instead of "what" the phone eventually learns the way you are typing to THAT person. However if you receive a message from a new person and you try to type the same abbreviation you'll have to start all over and press back space 3-4 times before the phone learns how you type to THAT person! Great! If you have only 3-4 people on your contact list... terrible if you have hundreds or thousands!

Blackberry needs to fire their CEO Thorsten Heins and all of their upper management who are getting paid millions. Their only job is to market bs. Blackberry needs to hire the best programmers from google, iphone etc and pay them millions a year to fix the bugs NOW!

Also news flash from 12 hrs ago - EX CEO sold his shares Ex-BlackBerry chief Jim Balsillie sells his shares - Business - CBC News
    You could add those words to your word substitution list. I would tell you how but since you're going to return this anyway
    For everyone else: [Settings > Language and Input > (under text input) Automated Assistance > Word Substitution.]

Also Balsillie sold his shares last year.
    02-15-13 12:59 AM
    Thank you that was helpful!
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-15-13 01:03 AM
    It's 2:15 am now the battery is at 90 percent! so since my first post at 10:30 pm thats almost 4hrs.... so it's takes about 4hrs to charge it folks - FACT
    02-15-13 01:17 AM
    Thank you that was helpful!
    Just to add a couple of things. The battery will take about 3h to fully charge (based on what I read in another thread). That's with the included charger. If you have a PlayBook charger, it will charge in ~2h (or something like that). Also, I read that the microUSB cable should be inserted into the phone fairly quickly -- not sure why that's the case, but I think BB is looking into that.
    Dont forget to go into BlackBerry World and tap on My World > My Apps and Games > tap on the 3 dots and then check for updates. This will update some of the included apps (like Maps).
    02-15-13 01:29 AM
    It's 2:15 am now the battery is at 90 percent! so since my first post at 10:30 pm thats almost 4hrs.... so it's takes about 4hrs to charge it folks - FACT
    Not sure if it makes a difference (bright screen etc) but have you been using the phone while it's charging?
    02-15-13 01:31 AM
    also do you like "****" - the most used word in the English language? be ready to type "duck"

how about "****" - NOPE - you can type "SHOT"

"wat" is "what"

u see the -----trend - no one under 14 will use this! - good luck black berry
    02-15-13 01:32 AM
    I have a lap top! believe it or not! and the phone is charging next to it! I have MAC BOOK PRO - if that makes you feel any better and it's been fine for YEARS. btw the phone is connected to a wall and not the lap top and it's almost ---- almost charged
    02-15-13 01:34 AM
    Sorry the device didn't work out for you. It still has a looooong way to go. I'm sorry for all these black sheep too. The forum would be much better without them.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    cman5 likes this.
    02-15-13 01:36 AM
    Just trying to help. Not sure what a long-lasting Macbook Pro has to do with anything?

Anyway, not disputing that it's taking a while to charge your Z10. Here are some other threads describing this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-drain-768149/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7965965

Also, once you're all charged up, dont forget to do a battery pull for good measure . Others have reported that that seems to help with better battery life.
    02-15-13 01:44 AM
78 1234