Just had a discussion with a friend yesterday about my Z10 for which I left my iPhone. He couldn't believe it because I am a big Apple advocate. When we talked about BB10's chances of becoming the 3rd main player in OS we came to the conclusion that the chance is fairly high.
    The advantage BB has over Microsoft is that their OS and hardware is their own. Similar to Apple. That is what I love about those to companies. They know their devices and don't have to develop an OS that works on a bazillion devices.
    Therefore I think BB and especially BB10 will be a great success in the future. It already starts showing how people love it.
    AbsoluteT23 and Matt J like this.
    03-30-13 06:05 AM
    I agree with you

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:19 AM
    Honestly, that's a moot point for several seasons. The biggest of these reasons is the fact that Microsoft has so many limitations and requirements on hardware, that they may as well be developing their own, as it really isn't much different. Obviously, this is assuming that Microsoft doesn't make their own hardware soon, which I suspect they will with the rumored Surface Phone.

I'm not saying that u don't think BlackBerry is the more likely candidate for third place (I think they are), but that building their own hardware isn't the reason for that. I can see blackberry licensing the OS in the future, and as long as they put very detailed minimum requirements (as Microsoft does), the experience can be just as cohesive.

Ultimately, I wish both BlackBerry and Windows Phone success, and would love to see BB10, WP, iOS, and Android each control 1/5th of the market, and the remaining OS's (Tizen, Firefox, Ubuntu) with the other 1/5th.
    03-30-13 06:34 AM