Hi all I'm loving the whole BlackBerry experience. First ever BlackBerry device z10 rocks. Here is my thinking why app developers should really focus on the BlackBerry store. Firstly I've used ios and only bought a bout 5 apps over 3 years. Why because there were so easily available through 3rd party stores. Then there's android. Was with them for over a year bought a few apps but easy to get cracked ones. And now I'm here using BlackBerry since February. And I've found my self buying apps all the time. It's not just because I can't get cracked ones but for some strange reason I don't mind buying them. So I reckon developers would benefit from people like myself. And also the non cracked aspects of it all. Anybody feels like I do or am I just mumbling lol. Thanks BlackBerry 4life

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:54 PM
    I agreed. I brought more than 10 apps within a month.

Posted via CB10
    amp323 likes this.
    05-11-13 01:00 PM
    Glad it's not just me lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:24 PM
    I have a real problem with this. I buy almost an app a day, heh. Had an android device before and never bought an app and currently have a Google TV, which I have never bought an app on either

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:24 PM
    How many others find themselves buy more apps on BlackBerry thanks other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:47 PM
    I bought a few apps on my z, including some games. It's a very capable device processor wise, and system wise, devs can really build some great apps taking advantage of the cascades. If they just gave it more of a chance we can really see some amazing apps develop, im sure with a bit more time more and more devs will start switching to Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:53 PM
    Same experience here; I use my nook fairly regularly (running JB) but never buy apps for it. Buy Z10 apps all the time.
    05-11-13 08:04 PM
    Bought at least 10 apps so far. Will continue to buy more if good ones come around

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:31 PM
    I'm with you OP...
    I have an iPod 4G and I bought 2 apps for it in the last 2 years, my Android phone I bought 1 app in the year and a half that I had it.
    On my BlackBerry I've now purchased 4 apps since February and I'll keep buying apps as I need them.

Loving my Z10!
    Please keep up the great work you app developers out there

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-11-13 09:18 PM
    My exact thoughts.
    05-11-13 09:27 PM
    Bought a few apps. Hey if you build a good quality app and support BlackBerry 10 then I will support your efforts as well.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-11-13 09:54 PM
    Same goes for me. Is it possible for BlackBerry to release numbers of purchased apps as well as number of people on BB10 so far? If others are like the people in this thread then that ratio of users to purchasers of apps would be higher than other platforms which may push all these developers who are on the fence to make their apps available for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:59 PM
    I'm curious why you're buying apps now? Because there aren't any good free ones? You have different needs now? To support the platform.

It just sounds funny saying I hardly ever bought apps on platforms that have tons and now I buy them for my BBRY
    05-11-13 10:02 PM
    I always thought the app selection on BlackBerry was actually pretty good. After hearing how the big problem was going to be app availability I was pleasantly surprised. They may not have the same total number of apps, but most of those are crap anyway. As for your question, every time I go into blackberry world I end up coming out with something! Haha

Posted via SEGA Master System
    05-11-13 10:12 PM
    Hopefully app developers will take note of the strong purchasing going on on BlackBerry devices and more and more start developing for us.

Posted via SEGA Master System
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:14 PM
    I think since February I have spent at least $100 on apps, music and movies for my Z10.

I'm doing it in part to support the developers. I want this to be a profitable platform to attract more of them. I am also doing it because I'm trying to cut down on my spending. I know, that sounds weird, allow me to explain.

I have the habit of going out and buying electronic toys when I'm bored. I didn't even bother to put my last desktop in a case as I compulsively upgrade it whenever I am bored or there is a sale. Right now I'm trying to save up to make some improvements to my yard. Whenever I get the impulse to buy a new toy or upgrade, instead of spending $50-$200 on some new barely used gadget, I satisfy my craving by buying an app or a game. It's saving me money in the long run and curing my boredom.

Bring on the apps.

Posted via CB10
    Affie36 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:27 PM
    This thread makes no sense. There are less apps in Blackberry world yet you buy more of them? What app in Blackberry World have you bought that you didn't want to buy in iOS or Android. It just seems confusing to me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:31 PM
    This thread makes no sense. There are less apps in Blackberry world yet you buy more of them? What app in Blackberry World have you bought that you didn't want to buy in iOS or Android. It just seems confusing to me.
    LOL that's why I asked. Not that there is anything wrong with that
    05-11-13 10:49 PM
    What is the term for a similar energy as a troll, but working for the other side, Dale Lindley?

I bought apps. More than before, because I didn't have a smartphone before.
    05-11-13 10:55 PM
    This is the same with me, previous android user but I never bought any app, just Google for an apk file and install =)). I find myself buying few apps using my z10 especially game, about once in a month I think. Hope app developer would notice this and BlackBerry App ecosystem will grow

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:15 PM
    I bought:
    - Battery Guru
    - World of Goo
    - Gadget Box
    - Say it
    - Sudoku
    - The Surprise App

I'm not much of a gamer but World of Goo came so highly recommended, the surprise app is actually pretty handy, Say it is similar to Siri and I just wanted to talk with my Z10...
    Gadget Box is amazing, it has many uses as it combines apps together under one application.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-12-13 12:08 AM
    There's so many app in other OS developers don't have a choice but to give their app free just so user could notice their app. Competition is really tight there.

Every app thinkable can be found on other OS.

While here the competition is not yet so big. If your a developer, and created a unique and essential app, no competition what so ever, you can charge your app. For a user you have no choice but to buy this app.

That's why my friend developers here are more profitable for now.

Posted using The Z10
    05-12-13 05:08 AM
    What is the term for a similar energy as a troll, but working for the other side, Dale Lindley?

I bought apps. More than before, because I didn't have a smartphone before.
    I'm just curious as to how you think I'm a troll? Did you actually read my first post? What is there to troll about? I'm stating that this is a good platform for developers. So please don't comment if you've got nothing better to say. I love my z10 and what BlackBerry are doing. But it's people like you that makes discussion somewhat tedious.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 05:57 AM
    I think the reason behind this for me is that the blackberry and it's apps are just more enjoyable to use. With my old android phone the terrible battery life and ridiculous lag that increased exponentially with the addition of each app kept me from getting into their apps. With both my android phone and Google TV there Is a palpable desire for the os to get out of the way And just let me at the content the device was built to consume (whether messages and calls or television). This feeling is completely nonexistent for me with BlackBerry 10. I often pick it up because it's so enjoyable to use

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 07:36 AM
    It was proven even on the last OS that BlackBerry developers make more money.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 07:48 AM
27 12